• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Josh Gordon says- "Hey, we just got out franchise QB. Time to celebrate! Anybody got some weed?

Oops.....

Thanks for piling on TLance. Geez!!!!! The smack talk is starting already and they haven't even signed the draft picks yet. :suds:

I hear Gordon's agent is appealing so that they can see what Irsay gets on his possession and DUI charges first. :wtf: :yahoo::laugh3:

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't see how that's relevant.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon's a retard, though. It seemed realistic enough :noidea:

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Josh Gordon lived in Denver or Seattle, would this still be an issue? Mary Jane is legal in both of those states. (I'll answer my own question.) Yes, because Goodell still wants ganja as an NFL banned substance.

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Josh Gordon lived in Denver or Seattle, would this still be an issue? Mary Jane is legal in both of those states. (I'll answer my own question.) Yes, because Goodell still wants ganja as an NFL banned substance.

Actually Joe, yes it would still be a problem. Just because it's legal doesn't mean a company can't prohibit an employee from partaking. Here in Columbus we have Scott's (the lawn fertilizer company) and their employees can actually be fired for tobacco use. They use to have where you couldn't smoke on their property but, in order to reduce health care costs recently, now prohibit employees from any and all tobacco use (even on their own time and in their own homes).

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gordon's a retard, though. It seemed realistic enough :noidea:

Speaking of which:

Browns signed Alabama State RB Isaiah Crowell.

Crowell (5-foot-11, 224) went to Georgia as five-star prep recruit and started as a true freshman, posting a 185-850-4.6-5 stat line in 2011. He was arrested on felony weapons charges the following June, and promptly dismissed from the team. Resurfacing at Alabama State, he rushed 170 times for 1,121 yards (6.59 YPC) and 15 touchdowns in 2013, adding seven catches. Although Crowell has obvious off-field concerns, he's among the most talented running backs in the 2014 class with explosive lateral agility and a powerful lower body. He ran 4.57 at the Combine with a 9-foot-9 broad jump and 38-inch vertical. Also an able pass protector, Crowell won't need long to contribute to the Browns if his head is on straight. He's a high-ceiling Dynasty prospect and will give Terrance West all he can handle behind Ben Tate.

Another character risk player for the Browns who I mentioned earlier in the Shanny-RB-free-for-all.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually Joe, yes it would still be a problem. Just because it's legal doesn't mean a company can't prohibit an employee from partaking. Here in Columbus we have Scott's (the lawn fertilizer company) and their employees can actually be fired for tobacco use. They use to have where you couldn't smoke on their property but, in order to reduce health care costs recently, now prohibit employees from any and all tobacco use (even on their own time and in their own homes).

I don't understand how anyone could work for a company that insists on being that involved in your personal life. I really don't.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which:

Another character risk player for the Browns who I mentioned earlier in the Shanny-RB-free-for-all.

The way I see it, that's one of their better decisions.

Talented and broken as a UDFA > untalented and broken as a first rounder

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the suicide League.. Now that the draft is over and everything's rounding into place we can start discussing on when we are going to do this!!

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The way I see it, that's one of their better decisions.

Agree with you there, JDM. I've got nothing against drafting/signing such guys. I really hated our last couple of coaches/Front Offices (I've lost count recently) rejecting these types of players due to the fact they only wanted "high-character" players to build the team. I could see that for maybe your 1st, 2nd, and maybe 3rd round picks since they'll be wanting plug-in starters who may wind up with large contract extensions and will be "building blocks/cornerstones" of the team in the future.

I read somewhere (can't find the article again. sorry) that Crowell could've been a 1st or 2nd rounder in this years draft if he hadn't been arrested for felony gun possession. Signing him as an UDFA is absolutely low-risk regardless of any character concerns.

Can't say either that "high-risk character" players haven't learned their lesson after being expelled, suspended, etc. Somebody has to give them a chance. The Browns gave Gordon a chance and he paid off huge last season. ............And now it bit them in the azz. Hopefully his year off shows him that he's one dumb mistake away from losing millions of dollars and he wises up after realizing you can only play this game a short while and need to make the most of your opportunity. And save the weed smoking for when he retires in 10 years or so.

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't wait for the suicide League.. Now that the draft is over and everything's rounding into place we can start discussing on when we are going to do this!!

Speaking of which, Ram Tough, who's running the Suicide and MBBRL Leagues this year? Not sure I've seen it discussed or are we still holding out hope and praying that Wil waltzes back in here in the next few weeks because he couldn't stay away?

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Speaking of which, Ram Tough, who's running the Suicide and MBBRL Leagues this year? Not sure I've seen it discussed or are we still holding out hope and praying that Wil waltzes back in here in the next few weeks because he couldn't stay away?

Tlance stepped up last year after the news about Wil and I assume (hope) he will carry on. ......

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yep - I'm ready for the games to begin !!!!!

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yet I assume they don't regulate the use of alcohol or gorging on Twinkies off the job (although the latter may not be too far off since that would lineup with fast food and the size of soda allowed in NY- - alcohol is probably safe since most politicians & lawyer drink) ...... just another case of big brother telling you how to live your life. .... where will it all end ?

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet I assume they don't regulate the use of alcohol or gorging on Twinkies off the job (although the latter may not be too far off since that would lineup with fast food and the size of soda allowed in NY- - alcohol is probably safe since most politicians & lawyer drink) ...... just another case of big brother telling you how to live your life. .... where will it all end ?

When all we have left is Soylent Green? :gaah:

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in again if there is room for me in any of the leagues (MBBRL - any division & the Suicide)

And, since I missed Wil's retirement - anyone know if he's doing OK?
or was he just taking a break from so much fantasy stuff?

Lastly - great to see the Duffman back! hope all is well for ya!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tlance stepped up last year after the news about Wil and I assume (hope) he will carry on. ......

I clearly missed something. Where did he go?

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm in again if there is room for me in any of the leagues (MBBRL - any division & the Suicide)

And, since I missed Wil's retirement - anyone know if he's doing OK?
or was he just taking a break from so much fantasy stuff?

Lastly - great to see the Duffman back! hope all is well for ya!

Thanks Monkey. Things are still a little bit dreary and depressing for me at times but "time heals all wounds." Just trying to shake it off and get back to what I do and enjoy here in the MBBRL.