• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

DuffBeer Doug

Burn on big river,burn on
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a note to all regarding the SFFL this year. It looks like my wife has convinced herself (and therefore that includes me and my "decision") that we need to move to a bigger house, which means I'll be fixing, patching, painting, cleaning, and renting a storage unit and hauling stuff over to it. In short, I'm gonna be exceptionally busy the next 3 or 4 weeks and not a whole lot of free time to even ponder a draft pick every 24 hours. So, I'm sitting this year out if you guys will be drafting in the next 2-4 weeks. I'll be back in for next year if there's room. Team sucked last season but had a blast watching these rosters perform/fall to pieces.

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Forgot to throw my 2-cents in by voting (as if you care about the quitter's vote).

12 teams was a good size league. 14 might work well too (make it my 2nd choice)

Keep the original format. I don't think the lack of a K or DST for one week really hurt anybody. Besides once you lose a few guys to injury or suspension, what's one more hole on your roster for a week. I kinda like the luck factor in that. Maybe you get to play somebody with more holes than you do.

If I were drafting, anywhere would do for me. I'd go whichever way we were leaning.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am sure we can find 12 players for a B league suicide... We were able to find one for baseball, and i am pretty sure most of the people in it are not in the original 12... This is a big board, and many of us like fantasy... Dont think it will be a problem...

But if we can get 2 it would help if you only have 12 teams... But i would not want to screw the 2 new people out of the league...

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh.. and whether or not ESPN, or any other site, would allow a roster without a K or Dst.. I'm strongly against that idea. The NFL is doing is best to phase out both elements of the game, I'm not ready to let go yet though.

And one other thing that was mentioned somewhere back there, the possibility of an extra bench spot or two. . I'm undecided there. .I might agree with one more spot, but two seems like it's taking too much of the "suicide" element away

It appears based upon what I think the majority is saying the simple thing to do is just fill the Will spot and move on with the same format. That results in minimal impact on a new commissioner and tradition. That's fine by me. So let just determine who gets the spot and get this thing started.

Also, put the word out to 'others' within the MBBRL family that would like to do a suicide league they will be allowed access to the established Coma. It's set up for 6 teams now but they can go more if they wish/need. One of those participants will need to step up to run that one. ....

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears based upon what I think the majority is saying the simple thing to do is just fill the Will spot and move on with the same format. That results in minimal impact on a new commissioner and tradition. That's fine by me. So let just determine who gets the spot and get this thing started.

Also, put the word out to 'others' within the MBBRL family that would like to do a suicide league they will be allowed access to the established Coma. It's set up for 6 teams now but they can go more if they wish/need. One of those participants will need to step up to run that one. ....

Agreed. .not just for me. . But for the sake of time and " let's just do it already".

So. . Who's in for Will? Foot, Chef, Spiller, JDM, other?

And Draft? Sounds like many like the coziness offered on SportsHoopla. I would beg Joe to keep us updated as often as possible with those sweet color coded charts ;)

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also . We haven't heard back from a few owners. . Many of whom we know damned well they want their spot (scape), anyone know another way of contacting some of these guys?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed. .not just for me. . But for the sake of time and " let's just do it already".

So. . Who's in for Will? Foot, Chef, Spiller, JDM, other?

And Draft? Sounds like many like the coziness offered on SportsHoopla. I would beg Joe to keep us updated as often as possible with those sweet color coded charts ;)

I would echo Wil's suggestion. If we are keeping at at 12, then I think the guys with the longest MBBRL history should be given first dibs.

Foot and Barilko are the top 2 candidates. If we can't reach Scape, then both guys can be given a spot.

Hopefully Milk and JDM can get a second league going with everybody else.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a note to all regarding the SFFL this year. It looks like my wife has convinced herself (and therefore that includes me and my "decision") that we need to move to a bigger house, which means I'll be fixing, patching, painting, cleaning, and renting a storage unit and hauling stuff over to it. In short, I'm gonna be exceptionally busy the next 3 or 4 weeks and not a whole lot of free time to even ponder a draft pick every 24 hours. So, I'm sitting this year out if you guys will be drafting in the next 2-4 weeks. I'll be back in for next year if there's room. Team sucked last season but had a blast watching these rosters perform/fall to pieces.

Sounds like Duff is out so there is room for 2 additions. .....

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm about to take off for a 3 day golf outing. I'll still check in when I can, but don't be afraid to move on without a lot of input from me. I'm good with whatever you guys want. . So long as the Draft is no earlier than Monday :)

And, in a move that made my stomach flip over and inside out. .I just tried to delete WW'S and Duff's team on the suicide league. I could delete Duff's, but not Will's. If he can't delete his team, it does look like I can add a second owner to it. Fitting I think :)

Last edited by a moderator:

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man I didn't check the site for a week and all hell broke loose. Just had to read 5 pages of posts when there hasn't been anything for months. I guess that's what happens once the draft happens. Just wanted to throw in that I am in if you need anybody or if we create a "B" suicide league and Wil it was great just seeing your name on a post.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's been fun reading all of the posts I've missed.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would echo Wil's suggestion. If we are keeping at at 12, then I think the guys with the longest MBBRL history should be given first dibs.

Foot and Barilko are the top 2 candidates. If we can't reach Scape, then both guys can be given a spot

Hopefully Milk and JDM can get a second league going with everybody else.

agreed!

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
are will and dubs lost in the regular as well??

if so we are going to need to find more people anyways...

DuffBeer Doug

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First Wil and now Duff

No worries about the regular MBBRL draft. The wife already knows I'm not missing drafts in any of my leagues. It's set in stone (as she lets me believe).

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've given it a lot of thought and I need to take a break from fantasy football. Last season I was really burnt out and didn't put in the time that I normally do and it showed. I'm going to check in from time to time to see how everyone is doing but I need to set this season out and spend some time with my family.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. First Wil. Then Doug. Now Scape. They're dropping faster than Blackmon's fantasy value! Looks like Foot, Barilko and Chef get their shot.

I would beg Joe to keep us updated as often as possible with those sweet color coded charts ;)

No begging necessary.