• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well if that were to ever happen Johnson would vault into early-mid first round status in my book, Thera no chance of safeties chasing DThomas around being able to redirect and catch CJ?K. . But something tells me Peyton would never go for it. .. He's always wanted "team first" guys around him. Besides, Denver is blowing their load on defense..As they should.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't know. Elway has been quoted as saying he wants the run game to improve and the fact they are not keeping Marino says they want new blood at the position! As for Manning and the whole Bronco's organization for that matter I think it is clear they are all in for one more season. I think they are pushing all their chips into the middle of the table this year.

You very well might be right about Manning but knowing how smart he is and how desperate he is to win another championship it's my opinion he might be willing to make an exception if he thinks the combo of Johnson on the ground and himself through the air would be an unstoppable "pick your poison" proposition to opposing defenses!

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Johnson doesn't agree to a pay cut, Im not too sure there is a 'contender' that would be willing to take on that salary at RB. Doesn't seem like the type of player that would agree to the pay cut, can't blame him though.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think there is any question about if Johnson will take a pay cut. He has stated he will. I think he knows that no one will sign him otherwise. The question is how much of a pay cut is he willing to take? One thing the Broncos might have in their favor for motivation to make a player take more of a pay cut then they want to is the promise of a real shot at a ring.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris has shown to blame others for his lack of production this is very true but he also has never played with a team that had a decent QB let alone one as elite as Manning. I could be wrong about Cj as I am very partial to him, but if Manning could revive a sub-par career like the one Marino was having until he put up over 1500 total yards along side manning i can't help but imagine what it would do for the more talented Chris Johnson. That speed even though it's not 4.24 anymore is still more dangerious than most RBs in the league. Give him the wide open lanes Marino saw and I can't help but get excited at the thought of what he might be able to do.

Locker's above average.

CJ can get more than Denver will pay him though.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
JDM if Johnson goes to Denver it will be only because Chris wants a shot a ring not for the money so yes it probably is a long shot when you think of it in those terms. As for Locker being above average? I respectfully disagree. I think seeing him play against defenses that stack the box because of Chris Johnson allowing him to have single coverage on his wrs makes him look a heck of a lot better than what he would look like if he had to do it all himself like the elite guys can. It really doesn't matter who it is playing Qb, even the worst QB could and should look above average in that scenario. With out Johnson on the team I don't want to think what Locker would like!

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That franchise is a joke. It's not locker's fault. He's right at the cusp of a top ten QB.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think so. I don't feel that way about him but then again I have been wrong before.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no chance that the Broncos even look at CJ. Why would they pay for a veteran RB? That is against everything they believe in.

The reason Knowshon is not getting re-signed is because he will be too expensive and they have some young, inexpensive RBs who can do the job. Why would the Broncos pay CJ when he is likely more expensive than Knowshon and worse fit for their offense?

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Johnson is a worse fit than Knowshon. I cant see Johnson as anything but an upgrade to Knowshon. But regardless all I would like to see is for Johnson to end up in Miami.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think Chris Johnson would be a very good fit in the Denver running game. So much of their running game is done between the tackles from the shotgun and I just don't think Chris Johnson is big enough to hold up to that. He is listed at 190 lbs, but Moreno was 210 lbs and Monte Ball is 216 lbs. Not only would he have to run between the tackles, but his most important job would be blocking for the franchise. Between the hits he would take picking up blitzes and the running in between the tackles, I just don't think his body could hold up to the abuse.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he can get open in space and take dump offs he'll be just as valuable as a blocker would be.

I Don't think it happens though.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now there are rumors that he could end up in Atlanta. That wouldn't be so bad. I mean with Jones and White getting attention it could be a nice situation for johnson. What do you guys think?

SmokingMonkey

MLS....come to STL!!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 7,521.41
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TEN tried to trade Johnson when everyone and their brother knew he was getting cut. Doesn't matter what the rumors may be, no one will know who is truly interested until he makes his team visits/workouts next week after he gets fired from TEN.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So who thinks he won't end up on the Jets. It's not like the Jets would be a bad place for him but I don't know how I am gonna feel if he goes there.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im still holding out some hope he goes to the Broncos!!!

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know his better days are behind him Treff but it would still be awesome for me since I am a huge Dolphin and Chris Johnson fan. But watch he will probably go to the team i hate the most. The Jets!

CJ-FIN sounds nice Eh Foot!!!!

hey guys hope everyone is well.....

hey Joe good luck in the Playoffs hope Toews gets back soon.....

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Barilko, how you doing. i am just counting the days till the NFL draft and counting the minutes till Johnson gets cut. lol