• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea thanks Treff I caught that! It is a sad day as a Dolphin/Johnson fan unless Johnson runs wild in NY then all is forgiven to those darn Jets. Actually might not be the worst place for him to end up. We'll see, Good luck Chris!

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
unless Johnson runs wild in NY

It may be early, but this has to hurt Ivory's stock as well as CJ?K. Last year, the Jets offense called 493 rushing plays compared to 480 pass plays. So they ran 53% of the time. (Up almost 3% from 2012 when it was just about even.)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh I think Ivory's hit's the floor Joe! Personally i don't think Ivory's stock was all that high to begin with. As for Chris if Vick starts and stay healthy it will be the first time Chris has played with an above average QB. I'll tell you what this really translates to in fantasy. All Tennesse wrs will stink and be un startable and believe it or not the Jets wrs are now going to be big sleepers. Guys like Stephen Hill and whichever wrs claims the 2nd or 3rd wr spot.

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree, Foot. I think CJ?K's days are numbered. He was arguably the best athlete on the Titans and Whisenhunt cut him. CJ goes from a bad team to a worse team. And to share carries on top of it.

As for the Jets' WR theory you mentioned, Vick's presence has practically imploded every WR on his former teams. Vick's best passing season for the Falcons was 2002 and his leading receiver was Finneran. His best passing season in 2011 for the Eagles, DJax was his best WR. Neither could crack 1K. And I don't think Vick starts for the Jets anyway.

I'll give you this, Foot, your man-crush for CJ hasn't waned.

Last edited by a moderator:

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree whole heartedly with Joe on this one. Vick was never been a blessing for WR's.. save that one magical 3/4's of a season where he and DJAx/Maclin tore things up. Vick isn't that guy after defenses learned all they have to do is disguise tier looks a little.. And There's not a single receiver on the Jets who could be Maclin, let alone DJAX. And let's not forget. . The Eagles had McCoy..A very similar talent to Johnson (only better at this moment in time).. so best case is what we saw last year with the Vick led Eagles. . with inferior WR's
This signing is good for the Jets.. gives them another dimension.. But in fantasy terms, it's about a disaster for all involved.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if Geno or Vick starts it's more that when Johnson is in the D will stack leaving one on ones. tennessee will miss that and their passing should be much worse than ever. On the flip side i think it will help whoever starts for the Jets at QB when Johnson is in. It should open the passing game.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't matter if Geno or Vick starts it's more that when Johnson is in the D will stack leaving one on ones. tennessee will miss that and their passing should be much worse than ever. On the flip side i think it will help whoever starts for the Jets at QB when Johnson is in. It should open the passing game.

Foot. .I admire your dedication to Chris Johnson.. But take an objective look at this.. In his entire career.. The Titans have exactly one receiver who had 800 yards receiving or more. And that was Nat Washington last season. Including Britt 2 "good" seasons. His presence doesn't affect coverage all that much.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up Joe. A nice little prelude into the season. I'll be sure to keep tabs on your work.

It's so weird with no NFL draft in April. I suppose this will push our Suicide League/ Coma League back a little this year? I wonder if we'll get any new takers on the coma league?

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The titans are a bad franchise. They do not use their talent.

I'm a CJ fan too. He scares me with NY.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shady-Vick+System=Shady blowup season

CJ?K+Vick+System=Same CJ?K as last year (if he's lucky)

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nice write up Joe. A nice little prelude into the season. I'll be sure to keep tabs on your work.

It's so weird with no NFL draft in April. I suppose this will push our Suicide League/ Coma League back a little this year? I wonder if we'll get any new takers on the coma league?

Can hardly wait to get things kicked off. ..... perhaps if the suicide goes a little quicker this year then a few more will get into coma mode !

averagejoe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can hardly wait to get things kicked off. ..... perhaps if the suicide goes a little quicker this year then a few more will get into coma mode !

We can draft now and call it the "Life Support" League. (I'm kidding.)

BTW, thanks for the comments on the article. I can only hope it will someday blossom into something more. Getting paid would be nice too.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Joe. . Haven't had a chance to read it. . But looking forward to it when I have a spare few minutes. I can't imagine it's anything short of excellent.. And more than worthy of being paid :)

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just read it Joe and that was a very good read.................only one question though: Why did you use so much make up for that pic? You tryin' to look like George Hamilton or something? Just kidding!

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Treff, I do still believe in Chris Johnson. I know I have been calling him my number 1 fantasy RB the last two years and was very wrong so i won't go that route again this year. I do however think he still has the burst most feel he is missing but if you watched him as close i as have watched hime over the last two years you would have noticed his tremendous burst still showed itself every now and then.

It was funny how noticeable it was when he used it even when it was so far a few between, but he definitely seemed to be holding it back more than showing it. Like he was half trying or something. It's weird like you could see it from time to time but then he would revert right back to going down easy and what not.

This year i will hold back expectations but that good feeling I felt for him in his rookie season is still around. Well see.

Joe that article was nicely written. I liked the Kubiak point you made about Rice and Bernard.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How can I join?
Change your sig to "I love the Lakers" or LeBron sucks ass.....................seriously though, we run an A and a B league where depending on how the leagues do against each other we either send 2up 2 down or 4 up 4 down. Just keep hangin out on the boards as I think we are gonna be missing a couple of guys from last year. Suicide league has been a complete success so I doubt you would get into that league, but the MBBRL might have openings...................new members are voted in BTW. Tlance is the commish.