• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Well when there big 3 traditional powerhouses all lost, one of which to my Huskers, and they had to depend on 2 teams that are basically still Big 12 teams to keep the Bowl record above .500 this year, I'll take it.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
me too... I'm a Michigan State fan (no ties), but I'm not heavy into college ball, so I don't have much to say about it.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Go Lobos!

:laugh3: :rofl: :yahoo:

Ram Tough

You pray for rain, you gotta deal with the mud too
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great season, guys.

I had decided a few weeks ago that this would be my last year of fantasy football. The call of the Rest of the World is awfully loud, and despite what many believe, fantasy football pays you back in accordance with what you put into it, especially over the long haul. I couldn't muddle along with half-hearted effort and participation - I'd go back to intensive thinking, analysis, and arguing no matter what - so I'm packing it in. I'll still be posting for a few more weeks, finishing up the rankings game, handing over the keys, writing little blurbs about y'all, yakking about the playoffs and whatnot.

By far the most rewarding part of fantasy football for me has been the MBBRL. It's been great competing, debating, and goofing off with all of you. Each of you brings something - or several things - to the table that has made these past three years a blast.

People have said a lot of nice things about how I've run the leagues (which is very much appreciated), but in reality I'm more Alex Smith than Peyton Manning - there's so much interesting stuff going on that all I had to was manage it. The only real inspiration I had was to start the league in the first place so all the message board know-it-alls could put their record where there mouth is, and that idea got it's final push from Foot's $1000, have-a-lawyer-put-the-money-in-escrow-and-televise-the-results league.

I have no doubt that you guys have everything you need to keep the MBBRL charging ahead. Somebody - or maybe a couple of somebodies - will have to jump into the League Manager shoes to manage the ESPN side... kinda looking at you Tlance, since you ran the baseball side so nicely. The heart of the MBBRL is conversation and competition, and there's no lack of that in this group.

I didn't want to mention my decision earlier, because I didn't want to skew the drama of relegation, or steal the spotlight from the final games. But now we know that Monkey is rescued from relegation and resumes his spot in the A League (pay enough attention next year, Monkey!)

After the Super Bowl I'll wrap up and vanish into the mists... maybe take up Foot's old seat on the Golden Mountain.

ww

Wow!!!!!! i missed alot!! Wil buddy its been a great two years talking to you about FF and other life adventures. You are going to be deeply missed by everyone and especially me! your articles were amazing reads and you put everything together so nicely. You are the Regular season Peyton Manning my friend!! none of this Alex Smith B.S... If you ever change your mind or want to join and just not be commish you better jump back in!!!!! Good Luck Friend to whatever life brings you

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow!!!!!! i missed alot!! Wil buddy its been a great two years talking to you about FF and other life adventures. You are going to be deeply missed by everyone and especially me! your articles were amazing reads and you put everything together so nicely. You are the Regular season Peyton Manning my friend!! none of this Alex Smith B.S... If you ever change your mind or want to join and just not be commish you better jump back in!!!!! Good Luck Friend to whatever life brings you

I would imagine it's tough to go cold turkey...hey Wil, why don't you at least be a player in the Barbarians? Someone needs to keep a leash on that Drone...:rollseyes:

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the climax of the NFL calendar is the deadest period in the fantasy football calendar.

For what it's worth, the top 30 WRs from 2012 (who were on rosters in 2013) missed more games collectively (108) than the top 30 RBs from 2012 (100). That's really unusual. Usually the RBs miss a lot more games than WRs; in the previous ten years it's never even been close.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Funny how the climax of the NFL calendar is the deadest period in the fantasy football calendar.

For what it's worth, the top 30 WRs from 2012 (who were on rosters in 2013) missed more games collectively (108) than the top 30 RBs from 2012 (100). That's really unusual. Usually the RBs miss a lot more games than WRs; in the previous ten years it's never even been close.
At first I thought with Crabby and Harvin missing almost 30 games between them that it would be a given........but then Foster and Martin missed what, like 15? Guess you need to add Wayne to the list too. Not sure if Maclin was top 30 WR (I imagine he was but he missed games in 2012 too). If Maclin is included, you have 46 games missed by just 3 players.............

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin didn't actually make the top 30 last year... here are the biggest "contributors"

Maclin - 16
Blackmon - 12
Crabtree - 11
Julio - 11
MWTB - 10
Cobb - 10
Wayne - 9

So 7 out of 30 (21%) missed over half the season, and were brutal draft picks.

For RBs:

Ballard - 15
LeShoure - 13
Bradshaw - 13
Martin - 10
Foster - 8
Andre Brown - 8

So 6 out of 30 (20%) missed half the season.

33 other missed games were sprinkled around the other 24 RBs, and 29 missed games among the other 23 WRs.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Harvin didn't actually make the top 30 last year... here are the biggest "contributors"

Maclin - 16
Blackmon - 12
Crabtree - 11
Julio - 11
MWTB - 10
Cobb - 10
Wayne - 9

So 7 out of 30 (21%) missed over half the season, and were brutal draft picks.

For RBs:

Ballard - 15
LeShoure - 13
Bradshaw - 13
Martin - 10
Foster - 8
Andre Brown - 8

So 6 out of 30 (20%) missed half the season.

33 other missed games were sprinkled around the other 24 RBs, and 29 missed games among the other 23 WRs.
Can't believe I left off Julio and Blackmon. Wasn't sure if Cobb or Tampa Mike were top 30 or not..........

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football guys in the MBBRL baseball league:

be sure to check that thread. Voting has begun!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Last post on this thread was almost a month ago. Never thought that was possible.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow. Last post on this thread was almost a month ago. Never thought that was possible.

Yea - I keep checking but no activity. ..... guess most of you guys are concentrating on baseball now. Lots of coaching changes that could impact the upcoming seasons - but other than that just a few older vets released, a gay guy in the draft and the Miami locker room 'bullying' saga going on. Still hard for me to wrap my head around a 315lb lineman being picked on. ....

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea - I keep checking but no activity. ..... guess most of you guys are concentrating on baseball now. Lots of coaching changes that could impact the upcoming seasons - but other than that just a few older vets released, a gay guy in the draft and the Miami locker room 'bullying' saga going on. Still hard for me to wrap my head around a 315lb lineman being picked on. ....

Me too Lefty. I think the whole thing stinks and I hate that 3 players and 1 mid-level coach are taking all the blame. I hate the way that the media always picks sides and absolutely crushes those who they can't understand. You can see in interviews with former players that some guys are somewhat reluctant to give their opinions because they know that what went on in Miami is not really out of the ordinary at all, but they can't admit to that without making themselves look bad.

Incognito is not a person I would ever care to associate with, but I also feel like he is being thrown under the bus big time here. There are a lot of people at fault for what went on in Miami and what goes in in NFL, NCAA and High School locker rooms around the country. Incognito isn't the problem, he is just a product of the system.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Me too Lefty. I think the whole thing stinks and I hate that 3 players and 1 mid-level coach are taking all the blame. I hate the way that the media always picks sides and absolutely crushes those who they can't understand. You can see in interviews with former players that some guys are somewhat reluctant to give their opinions because they know that what went on in Miami is not really out of the ordinary at all, but they can't admit to that without making themselves look bad.

Incognito is not a person I would ever care to associate with, but I also feel like he is being thrown under the bus big time here. There are a lot of people at fault for what went on in Miami and what goes in in NFL, NCAA and High School locker rooms around the country. Incognito isn't the problem, he is just a product of the system.

Agree - right, wrong or indifferent, those who go on to compete at a professional level have been taught over many years to find an edge and exploit weaknesses to get ahead. After all, physical and/or mental domination is how they make a living. ........
As for the media - they are the among the most biased, bandwagon (i.e. whatever is the 'hot' social topic), bullying (by basically crucifying people by virtue of their free forum), and promoters of racism (a person can't just be a person - they have a need to denote everyone by colors or gender), individuals in the country.

Sorry for the mini-rant. ....

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree - right, wrong or indifferent, those who go on to compete at a professional level have been taught over many years to find an edge and exploit weaknesses to get ahead. After all, physical and/or mental domination is how they make a living. ........
As for the media - they are the among the most biased, bandwagon (i.e. whatever is the 'hot' social topic), bullying (by basically crucifying people by virtue of their free forum), and promoters of racism (a person can't just be a person - they have a need to denote everyone by colors or gender), individuals in the country.

Sorry for the mini-rant. ....

As far as mini-rants go, it was spot-on. And your take on the media is a BINGO.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Husker fan, I'll probably always have a soft spot for Incognito. Everyone here lived the guy while he was here, at least as a player. It was obvious from his first start that your QB was going to be safe with him in the field, and if something DID happen to him, someone would pay, and that commands some respect in my book. After all, linemen should take the safety of the QB personally. We even affectionately called him "The Thug Jr." (Dominic Riola being the original).
Having said that, the dude has serious issues. The guy was kicked out of the same system that allowed Lawrence Phillips to stick around. And barely even showed up in Oregon before they did the same. Quite honestly, I'm surprised there hasn't been more issues with him.

And I do think there's some shared blame to go around here, and just my personal opinion, but the J. Martin needs some thicker skin.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well damn ...I'm going to go against the grain here. First off I think the Dolphins as a messed up team from top to bottom. Making Richie Incognito a team leader and then telling him to toughen up some of the rookies, is a WTF moment. Incognito is a guy with issues and putting in a position of authority was about as bad a decision as any I can think of. I know locker rooms have guys being guys going on, but Richie is the kind to take this and go wild..and he did. Anyone check out some of his messages? The dude is sick.

Say what you will about Martin being a pussy. Richie Incognito is a POS and any organization that would give him even a sliver of authority, doesn't know what it's doing.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised there are people who agree with me here. On the general board they all think I'm crazy.

Incognito's an asshole, certainly, but he's a step up the chain from Martin. Both are mentally weak, but at least one found a strategy to not be completely worthless. Martin didn't even do that and is on the bottom tier of mental capability.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised there are people who agree with me here. On the general board they all think I'm crazy.

Incognito's an asshole, certainly, but he's a step up the chain from Martin. Both are mentally weak, but at least one found a strategy to not be completely worthless. Martin didn't even do that and is on the bottom tier of mental capability.

Never heard a word about Martin having a locker room problem in college, not a word. Incognito whole history is a testimony on which of these two is the actual problem.