• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sad day on the boards, no doubts.
I won't waste my breath trying to change your mind, but I truly hope you realize just how much you are appreciated and treasured Will. Won't be the same without ya!

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great season, guys.

I had decided a few weeks ago that this would be my last year of fantasy football. The call of the Rest of the World is awfully loud, and despite what many believe, fantasy football pays you back in accordance with what you put into it, especially over the long haul. I couldn't muddle along with half-hearted effort and participation - I'd go back to intensive thinking, analysis, and arguing no matter what - so I'm packing it in. I'll still be posting for a few more weeks, finishing up the rankings game, handing over the keys, writing little blurbs about y'all, yakking about the playoffs and whatnot.

By far the most rewarding part of fantasy football for me has been the MBBRL. It's been great competing, debating, and goofing off with all of you. Each of you brings something - or several things - to the table that has made these past three years a blast.

People have said a lot of nice things about how I've run the leagues (which is very much appreciated), but in reality I'm more Alex Smith than Peyton Manning - there's so much interesting stuff going on that all I had to was manage it. The only real inspiration I had was to start the league in the first place so all the message board know-it-alls could put their record where there mouth is, and that idea got it's final push from Foot's $1000, have-a-lawyer-put-the-money-in-escrow-and-televise-the-results league.

I have no doubt that you guys have everything you need to keep the MBBRL charging ahead. Somebody - or maybe a couple of somebodies - will have to jump into the League Manager shoes to manage the ESPN side... kinda looking at you Tlance, since you ran the baseball side so nicely. The heart of the MBBRL is conversation and competition, and there's no lack of that in this group.

I didn't want to mention my decision earlier, because I didn't want to skew the drama of relegation, or steal the spotlight from the final games. But now we know that Monkey is rescued from relegation and resumes his spot in the A League (pay enough attention next year, Monkey!)

After the Super Bowl I'll wrap up and vanish into the mists... maybe take up Foot's old seat on the Golden Mountain.

ww

Say it ain't so Will!!!!!!!!! You are the glue that holds us together. You are the Ying to our Yang. You are the Wango to our Tango. You are the milk to our cookies (ok, that sounded pretty bad). You are the peanut butter in our chocolate (that wasn't much better) and just an overall swell guy! Seriously, I really hope between now and then you change your mind to at least just play (we would let you in under an alias: how about Billblack?). Everybody here has made the MBBRL(TM) a lot of fun but you took it over the top! Thank you!

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil,

You are a lot closer to Peyton Manning than you give yourself credit for.

While I am very proud of MBBRL Baseball and hopeful that we can keep the awesome group of guys together that we have (and maybe expand eventually), that entire league was formed off of the blueprint that you and the rest of the guys here helped to create.

Reverend Jim also shared in the commissioner duties, and while I believe that we make an excellent team, it still was not quite up the the amazing level of work that you seem to always put forth.

All of the people here are outstanding, but you, Wil White, are what makes a very good league a truly great one. It would take contributions from many to approach the level of of excellence from leadership that this league has always come to expect. I hope that the league will stay together (and that maybe you have a change of heart), but you must know that you can never be replaced.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great season, guys.

I had decided a few weeks ago that this would be my last year of fantasy football. The call of the Rest of the World is awfully loud, and despite what many believe, fantasy football pays you back in accordance with what you put into it, especially over the long haul. I couldn't muddle along with half-hearted effort and participation - I'd go back to intensive thinking, analysis, and arguing no matter what - so I'm packing it in. I'll still be posting for a few more weeks, finishing up the rankings game, handing over the keys, writing little blurbs about y'all, yakking about the playoffs and whatnot.

By far the most rewarding part of fantasy football for me has been the MBBRL. It's been great competing, debating, and goofing off with all of you. Each of you brings something - or several things - to the table that has made these past three years a blast.

People have said a lot of nice things about how I've run the leagues (which is very much appreciated), but in reality I'm more Alex Smith than Peyton Manning - there's so much interesting stuff going on that all I had to was manage it. The only real inspiration I had was to start the league in the first place so all the message board know-it-alls could put their record where there mouth is, and that idea got it's final push from Foot's $1000, have-a-lawyer-put-the-money-in-escrow-and-televise-the-results league.

I have no doubt that you guys have everything you need to keep the MBBRL charging ahead. Somebody - or maybe a couple of somebodies - will have to jump into the League Manager shoes to manage the ESPN side... kinda looking at you Tlance, since you ran the baseball side so nicely. The heart of the MBBRL is conversation and competition, and there's no lack of that in this group.

I didn't want to mention my decision earlier, because I didn't want to skew the drama of relegation, or steal the spotlight from the final games. But now we know that Monkey is rescued from relegation and resumes his spot in the A League (pay enough attention next year, Monkey!)

After the Super Bowl I'll wrap up and vanish into the mists... maybe take up Foot's old seat on the Golden Mountain.

ww

you mean there's more in the world than fantasy?

ww, you are more than Peyton Manning, you are a mutated version of all the greats in one! I also hope there's some Brett Favre in you before you tie 'em up!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I also hope there's some Brett Favre in you before you tie 'em up!

:lol:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil this news is startling. I hope you are ok.

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is a stunner.

Wil you did an unbelievable job. Whoever takes over has some huge shoes to fill.

Thanks

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil - I've felt like crap today so I haven't been on the computer - and now I know why. I'm both flabbergasted and very sadden by the news. Truth be known you were a very large part of why I eventually returned to MBBRL after a brief hiatus last offseason. Know that your level head, imagination and creativity will be impossible to replace.

I have found you to be a man of extreme talents, honor and integrity - there is no doubt in my mind; you are the Peyton Manning of MBBRL(period).

I hope that time will alter your decision, but if not, I can respect and admire your conviction to other endeavors. Please do stay in touch if there is no change of heart.

Best to you always - Lefty

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil,

I know I'm one of the new members of the MBBRL, but I have to say that my heart sank when I read the news. It's not that we can't find somebody else to run the league as commissioner, but it's because we won't get to read your amazing articles, hear your wonderful insight, or get your advice on our lineups or teams. I really am shocked, but I also understand that this is first and foremost a hobby and there are much more important things in all of our lives. If you feel at all that this is keeping you from any of those things, then I am 100% behind your decision. Just know that you will be missed immensely. I know that you will miss all of this because you can't possible do things with as much passion as you do without truly loving it. If you ever feel like getting back into it, I can't speak for everyone, but as far as I am concerned there will always be a spot waiting for you in the A league even if I have to give mine up. I know that your team in the A league was called the White Album and one song comes to mind when I heard this sad news, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." But hey, two tracks above that the Beatles also taught us that, "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Life goes on." We will all give it our best shot with a tear in our eyes.

On a more personal note, I have read articles from hundreds of fantasy football "experts", "gurus", and "geniuses," on a countless number of websites including ESPN, CBS, Yahoo, Fantasy Pros etc. and I enjoy reading your weekly recap more than any of the rest of them. I tip my cap to you and raise my glass to the best commish I know.:suds:

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wow ..no way no way now way..i like everyone am shocked..Wil you are the ultimate FF Commish and Message board poster .Everyone has said more than i can ever express so just know i wish you all good things and all you desire.

I was and am so proud to be part of the MBBRL and i owe it all to you..

I would trade my promotion a million times over to see the White album stick around
HAPPINESS IS A WARM GUN(Not)

and the CONTINUING STORY OF BUNGALOW BILL(Wil)

I hope we do not HELTER SKELTER and have a REVOLUTION-1 or heaven forbid a REVOLUTION-9

Before i CRY CRY CRY as MOTHER NATURE'S SON is apt to do

Ill ask MARTHA MY DEAR-WHY DON'T WE DO IT IN THE ROAD

and when she tells me I'M SO TIRED

ill leave with JULIA-SEXY SADIE and DEAR PRUDENCE

and head BACK IN THE U S S R for some HONEY PIE and SAVOY TRUFFLE and because EVERYONE HAS SOMETHING TO HIDE EXCEPT FOR ME AND MY (Smoking) MONKEY
we may even be PIGGIES and have WILD HONEY PIE and BLACKBIRD

WHILE MY GUITAR GENTLY WEEPS and before i get YER BLUES
I WILL look through a GLASS ONION and LONG LONG LONG for better days with ROCKY RACCOON on your BIRTHDAY

so Wilwhite DON'T PASS ME BY and with that said GOOD NIGHT
-OB-LA-DI OB-LA-DA

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil,

I know I'm one of the new members of the MBBRL, but I have to say that my heart sank when I read the news. It's not that we can't find somebody else to run the league as commissioner, but it's because we won't get to read your amazing articles, hear your wonderful insight, or get your advice on our lineups or teams. I really am shocked, but I also understand that this is first and foremost a hobby and there are much more important things in all of our lives. If you feel at all that this is keeping you from any of those things, then I am 100% behind your decision. Just know that you will be missed immensely. I know that you will miss all of this because you can't possible do things with as much passion as you do without truly loving it. If you ever feel like getting back into it, I can't speak for everyone, but as far as I am concerned there will always be a spot waiting for you in the A league even if I have to give mine up. I know that your team in the A league was called the White Album and one song comes to mind when I heard this sad news, "While My Guitar Gently Weeps." But hey, two tracks above that the Beatles also taught us that, "Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da, Life goes on." We will all give it our best shot with a tear in our eyes.

On a more personal note, I have read articles from hundreds of fantasy football "experts", "gurus", and "geniuses," on a countless number of websites including ESPN, CBS, Yahoo, Fantasy Pros etc. and I enjoy reading your weekly recap more than any of the rest of them. I tip my cap to you and raise my glass to the best commish I know.:suds:

So well said..:suds:

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a sad day on the boards, no doubts.
I won't waste my breath trying to change your mind, but I truly hope you realize just how much you are appreciated and treasured Will. Won't be the same without ya!

I agree 100% with Treff!!!

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeesh. Thanks, guys. Now I know why athletes retire so many times.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stunned - does not even begin to describe my thoughts.

Yeesh. Thanks, guys. Now I know why athletes retire so many times.

So does this mean you'll come out of retirement?

Since many are putting their hearts out here on public domain, let me add mine.

Will, as Lefty so eloquently stated: "I can respect and admire your conviction to other endeavors." Your efforts and contributions to sustain the MBBRL for the last 3 seasons go above and beyond the call of duty. I can't even imagine the time involved to take the league that extra step further by publishing humorously written score recaps which feature pictures. Not to mention adding "power ranking" statistics that even ESPN does not calculate. As well as monitoring drone teams, relegation status, etc.

Pursue your "other endeavors." I know firsthand that there are certain privileges that may be more important (gasp) than fantasy football. We each draw the figurative line in the sand somewhere.

That said, let me offer this: Would your conscience allow you to pursue these "other endeavors" in addition to fantasy football if you did not have as much on your plate with respect the MBBRL? Because if it boils down to having no humorous write-ups, and no power rankings, but we still get Will White as our ultimate "keeper," then I could live without the other stuff!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
(borrowed a few !! courtesy of dog)

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil there is nothing I can say any better than what these guys have all ready said but I will give my 2 cents.

Let me start by saying I disagree with everyone when they say you are like Peyton Manning. Yes you could easily be Peyton Manning but, to me you are more like George Bailey from "It's a wonderful life". About to throw yourself over the fantasy football bridge. So allow me to play the part of Clarence as I show you what life would be like if you were never born on the CBS message boards.

1. There wouldn't be a great group of guys who have come together the we have to converse with in the way we all do.

2. The level of competition we all enjoy from everything you do would not be!

3. And the worst part of all the MBBRL would never had existed!!!!