• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fastest Man On The Planet

Tlance rocketed to the top of the B League in his first year and won the MBBRL A League Championship in his second. You can't do it any quicker than that. The mid-season trade for Charles paved the way, as the combo of Charles and McCoy was very tough. This week Tlance got decent performances in a 119-106 victory from Cutler, Garcon and Cooper, to balance a poor pick in Montee ball at the skill positions. Lefty put up a great fight in a 119-106 loss with 40 from Peyton and double digits from both RBs, both WRs and TE. In fact it came down to the two unheralded positions: K and DST. Tlance got 23 from Dawson and the Lions, while Lefty got 3 from Hauschka and the Browns. Without that 20-point difference at the bottom of the order, Lefty would have won.

But Lefty will always have the first Triple Crown in the history of the MBBRL (which has been in operation for over a fiftieth of a century).

Barilko Moves Up

Barilko recovered from an 0-3 start to win 9 of his last 10 and blast through to the B League championship with a tough 107-95 win over Bandit. And he did with a hodge-podge of QBs and RB2s and solid trades and waiver-wire picks. Only Garcon and Murray were still on his team from the draft. Bandit's squad put up a five-week low in the loss, but scores were down everywhere.

Barilko has cracked the A League - can he duplicate Tlance's achievement of back-to-back B-League/A-League championships?

Congratulations to both.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Wil.

Foot, what happened to your teeth?

Also, it is pretty funny that Ana made an appearance without Sam. Can't feel to good about her hanging around a crew like that one.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But Lefty will always have the first Triple Crown in the history of the MBBRL (which has been in operation for over a fiftieth of a century).

Yea - I'll always have that to fall back on as I wonder why the heck I didn't check the weather, or maintain faith, in the Carolina DST. ... .:doh:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wil what a picture it is hysterical and couldn't be more perfect! Anna instead of Sam, lololololololol!

To Lefty and son, both your accomplishments this year gave me goose pimples, two of the most distinguished and impressive gentlemen I've had a chance to converse with and who really know how to walk the walk!

tlance - point blank, you are my new fantasy hero, period!

Barilko my old friend, "way to go buddy!" I am so happy for you and I'm very glad you got the chance to show off your great skills! The A league just got even tougher!

To everyone else, have a great Christmas and thanks for including The Foot!

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another season gone. My worst so far. To the winners, congratulations. To win these leagues isn't something to take lightly.
Wil yet another year of you being the glue that keeps this (now these) leagues together.
Hope to have a better season next year. At least I'm still here.
One the downside: we lost an original this year. I'll miss Duff. Hope everything is good with him.
Good luck to everyone next season. Here's to looking forward to the drafts.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T & B - Congrats!

Wil, the picture is hysterical. But it is a bit ironic since Barilko is a Habs fan. So putting a picture of the Leafs is like awarding tlance with a Cowboys picture (since he follows the Skins).

All of you guys are awesome.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
T & B - Congrats!

Wil, the picture is hysterical. But it is a bit ironic since Barilko is a Habs fan. So putting a picture of the Leafs is like awarding tlance with a Cowboys picture (since he follows the Skins).

All of you guys are awesome.

Ouch.

I have to say though, I have tremendously enjoyed watching the cowboys flail around the past few seasons. It almost makes up for the train wreck that the Redskins have gone through. I am eagerly awaiting their Sunday night beat down at the hands of the Eagles. I really hope they keep Jason Garrett.

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Fastest Man On The Planet

Tlance rocketed to the top of the B League in his first year and won the MBBRL A League Championship in his second. You can't do it any quicker than that. The mid-season trade for Charles paved the way, as the combo of Charles and McCoy was very tough. This week Tlance got decent performances in a 119-106 victory from Cutler, Garcon and Cooper, to balance a poor pick in Montee ball at the skill positions. Lefty put up a great fight in a 119-106 loss with 40 from Peyton and double digits from both RBs, both WRs and TE. In fact it came down to the two unheralded positions: K and DST. Tlance got 23 from Dawson and the Lions, while Lefty got 3 from Hauschka and the Browns. Without that 20-point difference at the bottom of the order, Lefty would have won.

Barilko Moves Up

Barilko recovered from an 0-3 start to win 9 of his last 10 and blast through to the B League championship with a tough 107-95 win over Bandit. And he did with a hodge-podge of QBs and RB2s and solid trades and waiver-wire picks. Only Garcon and Murray were still on his team from the draft. Bandit's squad put up a five-week low in the loss, but scores were down everywhere.

Barilko has cracked the A League - can he duplicate Tlance's achievement of back-to-back B-League/A-League championships?

Congratulations to both.

Thanks everyone...

Wil tremendous work

so you were able to drag up the Famous Bill Barilko photo
im impressed....

Bill Barilko disappeared that summer
He was on a fishing trip
The last goal he ever scored
Won the Leafs the cup
They didn't win another till nineteen sixty two
The year he was discovered
I stole this from a hockey card
I keep tucked under

My fifty mission cap.....:hockeysmile::hockeysmile:

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats to the victors and all the rest of us who tried but fell short of glory. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas and New Year !!!!!

(sorry about the political incorrectness but 'happy holidays' just doesn't have meaning to me)

Barilko

Probably at hockey or some dam concert you tell me
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Merry Christmas Sam and everyone else all the best

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bill Barilko disappeared that summer
He was on a fishing trip
The last goal he ever scored (in overtime)
Won the Leafs the cup
They didn't win another till nineteen sixty two
The year he was discovered
I stole this from a hockey card
I keep tucked under

My fifty mission cap.....
hockeysmile.gif
hockeysmile.gif

Love it! The Tragically Hip rule!

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Congrats Tlance and Barilko!
Been great fun again this year. Will was awesome again.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh.

I think I'm suffering from post-football pre-baseball depression...:what:

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks Wil.

Foot, what happened to your teeth?

Also, it is pretty funny that Ana made an appearance without Sam. Can't feel to good about her hanging around a crew like that one.
I though it was pretty funny to be honest................but that is one ugly chick. BTW, if we are doing the playoff challenge I be in.

wilwhite

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great season, guys.

I had decided a few weeks ago that this would be my last year of fantasy football. The call of the Rest of the World is awfully loud, and despite what many believe, fantasy football pays you back in accordance with what you put into it, especially over the long haul. I couldn't muddle along with half-hearted effort and participation - I'd go back to intensive thinking, analysis, and arguing no matter what - so I'm packing it in. I'll still be posting for a few more weeks, finishing up the rankings game, handing over the keys, writing little blurbs about y'all, yakking about the playoffs and whatnot.

By far the most rewarding part of fantasy football for me has been the MBBRL. It's been great competing, debating, and goofing off with all of you. Each of you brings something - or several things - to the table that has made these past three years a blast.

People have said a lot of nice things about how I've run the leagues (which is very much appreciated), but in reality I'm more Alex Smith than Peyton Manning - there's so much interesting stuff going on that all I had to was manage it. The only real inspiration I had was to start the league in the first place so all the message board know-it-alls could put their record where there mouth is, and that idea got it's final push from Foot's $1000, have-a-lawyer-put-the-money-in-escrow-and-televise-the-results league.

I have no doubt that you guys have everything you need to keep the MBBRL charging ahead. Somebody - or maybe a couple of somebodies - will have to jump into the League Manager shoes to manage the ESPN side... kinda looking at you Tlance, since you ran the baseball side so nicely. The heart of the MBBRL is conversation and competition, and there's no lack of that in this group.

I didn't want to mention my decision earlier, because I didn't want to skew the drama of relegation, or steal the spotlight from the final games. But now we know that Monkey is rescued from relegation and resumes his spot in the A League (pay enough attention next year, Monkey!)

After the Super Bowl I'll wrap up and vanish into the mists... maybe take up Foot's old seat on the Golden Mountain.

ww