• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Message Board Braggin' Rights League

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College isn't the NFL. The stress is non existent on an NFL scale. Anything incognito did is maybe a 2/10 on that scale. It doesn't compare to anything real.

Martin is weak.

Chef99

It's raw, you donkey!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
College isn't the NFL. The stress is non existent on an NFL scale. Anything incognito did is maybe a 2/10 on that scale. It doesn't compare to anything real.

Martin is weak.

All I know is that when Martin tweeted about how he contemplated suicide because he wasn't playing well, it certainly raised the red flags. He's a little shaky, to say the least.

That said, Incognito really does come off looking like a douche bag.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Martin is weak.

I doubt the locker room at Stanford was all that much different then the locker room of most NFL teams. Your going to have guys being guys in both. A lot of pro players came from that locker room as well as the head coach for the 49ers. Martin lands on any other team and I'd bet we would never hear a word about him being weak or having a issue with another player IMO.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dolphins locker room wasn't different from other locker rooms either. The difference is that the NFL adds stress, and Martin is a little bitch who can't handle it.

He would fold anywhere. Easily.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All I know is that when Martin tweeted about how he contemplated suicide because he wasn't playing well, it certainly raised the red flags. He's a little shaky, to say the least.

That said, Incognito really does come off looking like a douche bag.

Of course he is. The world is full of douche bags.

People who fold like paper when faced with a douchebag are certainly lower on the totem pole though.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dolphins locker room wasn't different from other locker rooms either. The difference is that the NFL adds stress, and Martin is a little bitch who can't handle it.

He would fold anywhere. Easily.

I agree with this statement for the most part.

As for Stanford, without having any real knowledge to base this opinion on, I would bet that Stanford's locker room is much different from Miami's and from most big time college and pro locker rooms. Stanford does not recruit your average athlete-student. They recruit high caliber academic kids and they place a strong emphasis on character too. It is not surprising to think that a talented, but mentally soft player like Martin could excel at Stanford.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt the locker room at Stanford was all that much different then the locker room of most NFL teams. Your going to have guys being guys in both. A lot of pro players came from that locker room as well as the head coach for the 49ers. Martin lands on any other team and I'd bet we would never hear a word about him being weak or having a issue with another player IMO.

This is probably true, but we would have never heard from him at all because he would not have been on the field in another organization.

JDM

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this statement for the most part.

As for Stanford, without having any real knowledge to base this opinion on, I would bet that Stanford's locker room is much different from Miami's and from most big time college and pro locker rooms. Stanford does not recruit your average athlete-student. They recruit high caliber academic kids and they place a strong emphasis on character too. It is not surprising to think that a talented, but mentally soft player like Martin could excel at Stanford.

That's probably right. I kind of ignored that aspect but they do probably focus on a different recruit than most.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do any of you guys play fantasy baseball? We are looking for 1 more in MBBRL baseball.

Bandit

RIP to the real Bandit
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Free Agency

So the big moves in free agency have definitely been on the defensive side of the ball. Both Denver and New England will be really good on that side of the ball. Denver is pretty much all in for this year. I do think it would be nice for Peyton to win one more and then retire.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the big moves in free agency have definitely been on the defensive side of the ball. Both Denver and New England will be really good on that side of the ball. Denver is pretty much all in for this year. I do think it would be nice for Peyton to win one more and then retire.

So Decker to the Jets and Steve Smith to Ravens doesn't get you overly excited - - imagine that.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't sleep at night because I am so hyped over the posibilty that Chris Johnson might go to the Dolphins. I was wondering if anyone else had a thought on where he might end up.

Sam Sportboy

Can't all be winners kid
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.74
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Decker to the Jets and Steve Smith to Ravens doesn't get you overly excited - - imagine that.

Decker: Will be the top dog in NY but is he really that good or was he more a product of being Peyton's #2. Me, I'm staying away from him unless I can get him cheap. Dirt cheap.

Smith: I think this is a good move for Smith as the #2 behind, um, Smith. If he can stay healthy (big if for him last year) he may actually have some fantasy value. Will I be targeting him? Nope. Will I draft him? Yep, if the value is there.

Nicks: Interesting to me. I've always thought this guy should be a stud but injuries and a seemingly lack of interest has kept him from stud status (shit, last year he really wasn't even startable). I would take a midround flier on him if he can get out of camp healthy. There are a lot of balls to go around in Indy.

Tate: Another interesting situation, but this one I think I will pass on unless he gets to the 5th-6th round. I've owned this guy in my keeper league as a handcuff to Foster for 3 straight years and besides one good stretch 3 seasons ago he hasn't shown a whole lot. He is a potential stud, but with the nagging injuries this guy always seems to have not sure if he's worth the price you're gonna be asked to pay. He does get some serious toughness points for playing with those ribs though.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can't sleep at night because I am so hyped over the posibilty that Chris Johnson might go to the Dolphins. I was wondering if anyone else had a thought on where he might end up.

I honestly can't think of many People other than you who would get too excited about it. ..including Chris Johnson..The Phins need a line before a back like a Johnson can make a difference of any kind

Last edited by a moderator:

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know his better days are behind him Treff but it would still be awesome for me since I am a huge Dolphin and Chris Johnson fan. But watch he will probably go to the team i hate the most. The Jets!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That was more of a tell about your Phins than Johnson.. Dude could still get it done for a team that can block the first wave. I'm still interested to see where he ends up, because if they even adequate in the run game. .Johnson is worth a decent pick next year. If it's the Phins/Jets/Raiders/Browns..to hell with it.

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you on that note. i know miami wouldnt be the best place for him to excel but it would be cool as heck from my point of view. On the other hand if he ended up going somewhere like Denver where he would most certainly never see a 7 man box I wouldn't be hating that either!!!!

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Denver... Man I'd love to be in the room the first time he blames Manning's blocking audible for his 2.5 ypc.. That'd be priceless! !

The Foot

Hoopla Cash
$ 824.64
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chris has shown to blame others for his lack of production this is very true but he also has never played with a team that had a decent QB let alone one as elite as Manning. I could be wrong about Cj as I am very partial to him, but if Manning could revive a sub-par career like the one Marino was having until he put up over 1500 total yards along side manning i can't help but imagine what it would do for the more talented Chris Johnson. That speed even though it's not 4.24 anymore is still more dangerious than most RBs in the league. Give him the wide open lanes Marino saw and I can't help but get excited at the thought of what he might be able to do.