• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon on verge of signing with Denver

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think at this piont you have hope for him, but you don't count on him. He did have a nice finish to the 2019 season.
It might have always been there he is in and out of breaks so quickly you have to have really good timing like Lock.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have hope for DaeSean Hamilton!

I honestly think he is a better fit for this system compared to the last. The one thing beyond blocking that Hamilton is good at doing is winning his one-on-one battle. He can't do much after he wins the battle but on those 3rd and short plays when you need a guy to get open in a hurry he does well at that. I wish he had better hands to trust him to make those catches though.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I honestly think he is a better fit for this system compared to the last. The one thing beyond blocking that Hamilton is good at doing is winning his one-on-one battle. He can't do much after he wins the battle but on those 3rd and short plays when you need a guy to get open in a hurry he does well at that. I wish he had better hands to trust him to make those catches though.

Great route runner. The drops this year surprised me, usually has been sure handed up until this year.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great route runner. The drops this year surprised me, usually has been sure handed up until this year.

Yeah hoping the drops are just a 1-year issue. He showed at the end of the year that he can still add some value to this offense. Throw in if they add a guy like Ruggs who stretches the field then let Fant and Hamilton eat in the middle.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah hoping the drops are just a 1-year issue. He showed at the end of the year that he can still add some value to this offense. Throw in if they add a guy like Ruggs who stretches the field then let Fant and Hamilton eat in the middle.

100% agree on this. Not only would s speed WR like Ruggs benefit Sutton but it would come a long ways for a guy like Hamilton also.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree on this. Not only would s speed WR like Ruggs benefit Sutton but it would come a long ways for a guy like Hamilton also.

I keep going back and forth on the top-3 guys in this draft. They all bring something different and I can see how all 3 would be used by the Broncos. Ruggs probably benefits the others on the team the most though. But he might have the worst stats of the top-3.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep going back and forth on the top-3 guys in this draft. They all bring something different and I can see how all 3 would be used by the Broncos. Ruggs probably benefits the others on the team the most though. But he might have the worst stats of the top-3.

Stats aren't really important to me with college players. As you already know Bama is loaded at WR and run the ball well. (N.Harris, Jeudy, Ruggs, D.Smith, Waddle) Ruggs playmaking ability is exactly what we need. Don't need him to catch 80 passes in this offense when we have Gordon, Lindsay grinding it out, Sutton our go to and Fant and hopefully Hamiltn underneath. He's really fit perfect. Just tired of everyone around the globe predicting it now.. Means a lot lesser chances :(

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stats aren't really important to me with college players. As you already know Bama is loaded at WR and run the ball well. (N.Harris, Jeudy, Ruggs, D.Smith, Waddle) Ruggs playmaking ability is exactly what we need. Don't need him to catch 80 passes in this offense when we have Gordon, Lindsay grinding it out, Sutton our go to and Fant and hopefully Hamiltn underneath. He's really fit perfect. Just tired of everyone around the globe predicting it now.. Means a lot lesser chances :(

Haha yeah I'm at that point I think the Broncos are going to have to trade up to get him. And honestly I am ok with that. If all it costs us is a 3rd round pick to get a perfect fit for what they need to take this offense to the next level then sign me up.

And you are right don't need him to put up big stats to be productive in this offense and really set them up for success. I'm just saying of the 3 I think his stats would be the worst of the 3 if he is drafted by the Broncos but he helps the others out on the offense most of the 3. So just kind of pick and choose which you want.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will depend on how soon Jeudy and Lamb go, but I will always be nervous some team needing a speed WR will trade up in front of us... Ruggs is sorta hard to judge his stock.. Speed WR's often go higher than expected and while Ruggs is aready predicted to go very high, he is tricky if you're sitting where we are and you REALLY want him. I feel like the Eagles are a big time thread to move up and take one of the WR's I really want for Denver right ahead of us.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it will depend on how soon Jeudy and Lamb go, but I will always be nervous some team needing a speed WR will trade up in front of us... Ruggs is sorta hard to judge his stock.. Speed WR's often go higher than expected and while Ruggs is aready predicted to go very high, he is tricky if you're sitting where we are and you REALLY want him. I feel like the Eagles are a big time thread to move up and take one of the WR's I really want for Denver right ahead of us.

Agreed. They are a huge threat for sure. I look at the Bills making the decision to trade their 1st round pick for a WR as a sign they know that while this is a talented draft at WR there is a decent drop off after the top-3 guys and they know they are not making it to pick 22.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Vikings use one of the 1st round picks to try to move up for a WR?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think the Vikings use one of the 1st round picks to try to move up for a WR?

Yes- for sure a strong possibility.

I would really like to see one of the Eagles, Vikings or Raiders sign Robby Anderson. I know sounds weird to wish the Raiders sign a good WR, but if it keeps them away from my dudes I want. ;)

The Eagles WR core is terrible. I will be surprised if they don't go WR in the first two rounds.

I smell CJ Henderson to the Falcons.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Melvin Gordon - Runs all over the Huskers for a college football record day. What else do you have to do?

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember that. Crazy thing was it got broken one week later by FR Samaje Perine.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ol is everything in the Running game .

Sure you have a few elite RB but all the same it is Great OL play that tops it off.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Philip Lindsay is way better.

upload_2020-3-25_9-21-11.png
Broncos

upload_2020-3-25_9-21-11.png
Broncos

Career

I like Freeman better.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how people keep comparing who we have is better versus Gordon. I would disgree but-that isn’t the point of this signing. I think some of you are missing the point with the signing of Gordon. This isn’t to replace Lindsay. Come on folks! This is to better our overall running game. Sometimes you have to think a little deeper then always comparing who is better amongst teammates. We are a much better er team with the signing of Gordon.

Freeman just hasn’t gotten the job done and signing Gordon is in no way a disrespect to Lindsay. It is to help him and help this team be better.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love how people keep comparing who we have is better versus Gordon. I would disgree but-that isn’t the point of this signing. I think some of you are missing the point with the signing of Gordon. This isn’t to replace Lindsay. Come on folks! This is to better our overall running game. Sometimes you have to think a little deeper then always comparing who is better amongst teammates. We are a much better er team with the signing of Gordon.

Freeman just hasn’t gotten the job done and signing Gordon is in no way a disrespect to Lindsay. It is to help him and help this team be better.

Yes! There's too many variables to say one back is better than another, unless you're looking at the Barkley's of the NFL. What scheme do they play, score, injuries, experience at critical skill positions, etc. all weigh heavily on what a back will do.

For those posting stats about Gordon's stats, look at the fact that Melvin had a better backfield duo than PL did.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just know SD had a $10M offer on the table for Melvin last yer. That was from his own team not another team over paying in FA.