• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon on verge of signing with Denver

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#Colts are releasing Pierre Desir.

I saw that. He got a big contract last year. Slipped a bit this year. He is intriguing to me for the right price. He should have a decent market but won't get the 6 million he got last year.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
49/51 with me Don't hate it Don't love it.

I don't like the new Scheme to be honest. But I don't hate this either.

My deal is we are retooling in a different system will any of what we have on the Offensive side player-wise other than our QB work for the OC? This move tells me not really. I guess we are not zone blocking? No fullback I don't like.

My Deal is I could give a rip as long as we do not keep changing OC's This is getting old find a decent OC that does not want head head-coaching and stay with a system.
Bad teams change the system over and over, say with the chick that brought you to the dance!

I will say this our Head coach is saying he has a booger of a time with this Offensive scheme and IMO that holds a little more creed. I love him as a Coach he is perfect for what the Broncos needs are at this time.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we have the best 1/2 combo at RB in the NFL now..

Fangio wants to run the ball and play good defense.

Old school football.

I think the NFL is gonna get back to the run game sooner than people think.

2018 the NFL became a track meet. 2019 it didn't work out so well for teams. Derrick Henry proved what you can do with the run game when you have fast athletic LB's in the NFL who aren't the best tacklers and not power/strength LB who can tackle.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel we have the best 1/2 combo at RB in the NFL now..

Fangio wants to run the ball and play good defense.

Old school football.

I think the NFL is gonna get back to the run game sooner than people think.

2018 the NFL became a track meet. 2019 it didn't work out so well for teams. Derrick Henry proved what you can do with the run game when you have fast athletic LB's in the NFL who aren't the best tacklers and not power/strength LB who can tackle.

The more I think on this signing the more I am ok with it. I'm still not a huge fan of paying RB's when it has been proven over and over that RB is a spot that replacement players can do about 90% of what a quality starter can do. Still the Broncos had some money to make a move like this and Gordon is not like a RB the Broncos have had since McGahee possibly? They needed a RB that has both run and pass ability while also picking up the tough yards and being able to find the small holes around the goal line to score. Broncos struggled once again in red zone offense so getting one of the best red zone running backs in the league is huge.

And honestly it is kind of funny to see the Raiders sign 2 LB's geared towards helping in the pass game to then see the Broncos show they are committed to the run game. I would also point to the fact that the teams that had the most success against the Chiefs this past year were the teams that found success in the run game and could shorten down the entire game for the Chiefs.

The final part of this that does give me some hope is how much a veteran like Gordon can step in and help a young QB compared to a rookie coming in and still trying to learn the playbook.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After seeing how far the Niners and Titans got this year, that's probably a good strategy.

If not for a few plays the 9ers would have won that Superbowl. If Garappolo had hit Sanders on that bomb. If the 9ers hadn't let Tyreek Hill come so open on that bomb. Just those two plays and we'd be talking about how the 9ers gave us the blueprint to beat the Chiefs.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If not for a few plays the 9ers would have won that Superbowl. If Garappolo had hit Sanders on that bomb. If the 9ers hadn't let Tyreek Hill come so open on that bomb. Just those two plays and we'd be talking about how the 9ers gave us the blueprint to beat the Chiefs.

Jimmie Ward. UGH! Actually had played a pretty solid super bowl until that point.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because a team lost it doesn’t mean that they didn’t provide a blueprint on how to beat them. I believe KC will continue to slowly come back to the pack, but will concede they are the gold standard in the AFC, especially with questions in New England.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't blame the guy. It was a great play by two very talented people.

Ward let him go though. It was a breakdown in coverage. But yeah a nice play too for Mahomes and Hill to sick with it. Ward lost his assignment on the play though.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward let him go though. It was a breakdown in coverage. But yeah a nice play too for Mahomes and Hill to sick with it. Ward lost his assignment on the play though.

I'm going to take your word on it because your substantially more knowledgeable regarding DB play than I am, and I only watched that @%#% play one time since it was like a dagger in my heart.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to take your word on it because your substantially more knowledgeable regarding DB play than I am, and I only watched that @%#% play one time since it was like a dagger in my heart.

Yeah- We don't need to talk about that play.... #SourToUsAll

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah- We don't need to talk about that play.... #SourToUsAll

There are a few times while I'm watching where the little voice in my head goes 'that's the game' or 'that would have been the game right there.' The little voice told me it was over at that point.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I remember thinking. Oh yeah the 9ers can win this game... They might just win this game... OPH. Nope.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well...we may be building an O that can help keep Mahomes off the field and a D that can slow him down. Still need a few pieces though.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need help at 3 positions;
CB - I don’t think we can count on Callahan.

DE - Jones will replace Shelby or Wolfe, but I don’t know that we have another on the roster that should be a starter.

WR - I don’t trust Hamilton or Patrick to be the guy opposite of Sutton and I would prefer to not rely on a rookie as the #2 WR.

Ideally we would add another C.

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I believe KC will continue to slowly come back to the pack

I don't think this. I think Mahomes is gonna be the Brady of this generation. That's why I really hope Lock develops. We're gonna need a slinger to hang with KC for the next decade. And if Drew is that guy, the AFC West is gonna be super exciting over the next few seasons.

listopencil

I've Seen Better Days
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think we need help at 3 positions;
CB - I don’t think we can count on Callahan.

DE - Jones will replace Shelby or Wolfe, but I don’t know that we have another on the roster that should be a starter.

WR - I don’t trust Hamilton or Patrick to be the guy opposite of Sutton and I would prefer to not rely on a rookie as the #2 WR.

Ideally we would add another C.

Several good looking Centers in this draft that (I think) could start as rookies. Wolfe might still be around(?) and DeMarcus Walker is finally going into a season playing where he is supposed to be after being allowed to physically develop for his position and playing under the same DC - first time that's happened for him. I think we need two starters and two backups at each DL spot, so six guys and three starters among them, that's doable. It's a deep draft for WR and we have some guys coming on, we'll see what happens. I think our shit is coming together finally.

cdumler7

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The player who screwed up biggest to me was Arik Armstead. There was a play where the 49ers had pressure coming from the left side of the offense and pressure up the middle. All Armstead had to do was hold down his edge so that Mahomes could not escape the pressure. Instead he took an inside rush move and left a huge hole to the outside. Mahomes escaped and boom hit a big play down the field.