• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Melvin Gordon on verge of signing with Denver

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I prefer Black Sox. White leaves stains... Red isn't my color.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe a brown Sox would be better.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Let's hope we get the 2018-2019 guy.

58crash

must own
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think he his going to grow into a key player in this offense. I really grew to like him as a player last year

There is something about him.

MileHigh64

Broncos Fanatic
Hoopla Cash
$ 3,033.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Melvin Gordon signing. It doesn't cash strap the Broncos and the reward can be well worth the risk. Ian Rappaport is saying that the combo of Phillip Lindsay and Melvin Gordon gives the Denver Broncos one of the best backfields in the league. We'll see but the firepower that we're amassing on the offensive side of the ball is pretty exciting. Getting a stud WR in round 1 of the draft and continued depth and talent on the O-line and this young squad could be very good for a long time. Broncos are going to give Drew Lock every chance in the world to succeed and become our franchise quarterback.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like the Melvin Gordon signing. It doesn't cash strap the Broncos and the reward can be well worth the risk. Ian Rappaport is saying that the combo of Phillip Lindsay and Melvin Gordon gives the Denver Broncos one of the best backfields in the league. We'll see but the firepower that we're amassing on the offensive side of the ball is pretty exciting. Getting a stud WR in round 1 of the draft and continued depth and talent on the O-line and this young squad could be very good for a long time. Broncos are going to give Drew Lock every chance in the world to succeed and become our franchise quarterback.

Yes!!!

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the offense is going to be able to be consistent, we need a veteran WR. Drafting one of the very talented WRs makes a ton of sense for the future but it takes some time for a WR to reach their potential. Look at Sutton, it took into his second season to become a consistent offensive weapon. I think any of the top WRs will show flashes this year and really come into their own next year.

SpringStein

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think if the offense is going to be able to be consistent, we need a veteran WR. Drafting one of the very talented WRs makes a ton of sense for the future but it takes some time for a WR to reach their potential. Look at Sutton, it took into his second season to become a consistent offensive weapon. I think any of the top WRs will show flashes this year and really come into their own next year.
Which is great, imo. I think we are building for 2-3 years from now more than this coming season. Making the playoffs this coming year will be a good step in itself.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Which is why I am not thrilled with the Gordon signing. If we are going to sign Gordon we need to add a CB, DE, and WR in FA. I hope we can add Prince Amukamara, Bashard Perriman, and Derek Wolfe.

I am thinking 2-3 year deals for Amukamara and Wolfe with Perriman getting a 1-2 year deal.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm surprised so many people want Amukamara.

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the right price I would be fine with it, but he is going to struggle with speed WR's. I'd worry about him against our toughest team in the division KC. He can't cover their WR's. He will be 31 and for a guy with not much speed I think you will see his decline rather quickly.. He has started to decline a bit and IMO you will see him decline even more this year. He does't have good ball skills. He can cover, but he is limited in who you can throw him against. I wouldn't fork over the 8 mil he wants. He does know the system but if you sign him we better sure as hell draft a young CB early.

I feel like Bryce Callahan has really screwed up what we want to do at CB.. No clue what to expect out of him. If it wasn't for him we could have gone after someone like James Bradberry at CB who would have been a much better option. Prince for the right price is an ok stop gap. I just feel like he is gonna be the kind of guy that is gonna eat the snaps and you're going to be saying. Time to move on from him after one season. At this point we do need another vet CB.

Bouye
Vet
Rookie
Dawson
Yiadom
Bausby
D.Harris (if re-signed)

Melvin Gordon is much better quality then Amukamara. Although CB is surely a need. Just don't wanna spend to fill a need over quality either. That is what makes teams bad. Not feeling needs does too. I understand that... but you have to be smart. I dont think you pass up on a Melvin Gordon with a very much struggling offense the past few years to turn to a declining CB who doesn't match up well vs speed WR's. I'd rather take a CB early in the draft and grab Gordon at that point.

My hope is that Prince may not get the offers he expects and might sign a low one year deal with Denver as a one year stop gap for us.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the right price I would be fine with it, but he is going to struggle with speed WR's. I'd worry about him against our toughest team in the division KC. He can't cover their WR's. He will be 31 and for a guy with not much speed I think you will see his decline rather quickly.. He has started to decline a bit and IMO you will see him decline even more this year. He does't have good ball skills. He can cover, but he is limited in who you can throw him against. I wouldn't fork over the 8 mil he wants. He does know the system but if you sign him we better sure as hell draft a young CB early.

I feel like Bryce Callahan has really screwed up what we want to do at CB.. No clue what to expect out of him. If it wasn't for him we could have gone after someone like James Bradberry at CB who would have been a much better option. Prince for the right price is an ok stop gap. I just feel like he is gonna be the kind of guy that is gonna eat the snaps and you're going to be saying. Time to move on from him after one season. At this point we do need another vet CB.

Bouye
Vet
Rookie
Dawson
Yiadom
Bausby
D.Harris (if re-signed)

Melvin Gordon is much better quality then Amukamara. Although CB is surely a need. Just don't wanna spend to fill a need over quality either. That is what makes teams bad. Not feeling needs does too. I understand that... but you have to be smart. I dont think you pass up on a Melvin Gordon with a very much struggling offense the past few years to turn to a declining CB who doesn't match up well vs speed WR's. I'd rather take a CB early in the draft and grab Gordon at that point.

My hope is that Prince may not get the offers he expects and might sign a low one year deal with Denver as a one year stop gap for us.

Lets assume Callahan is healthy he's now the vet. I would be OK with CJ Henderson at #15. He's a first year starter. Pick up Amirk Robinson in the 3rd and now you have 2 CBs to build with.

fightinredantz

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see your point and if we get Breeland that is fine. To me the Bausby signing should be the insurance plan for Callahan. I do agree that we need to draft a CB to develop and add depth.

At this point I don’t know what we can get out of Yiadom. He always seems lost at the beginning of a season but the comes on to finish strong. Maybe having the same Defensive scheme will help him contribute this year.

LGM

6 Time Poster of the Month
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd love to see us get a Ruggs or trade up for Lamb in the first, then turn around and grab another WR in rd 2 or 3. We get a cb early, that makes for a perfect couple of days.

CEH

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Bouye
Vet
Rookie
Dawson
Yiadom
Bausby
D.Harris (if re-signed)

#Colts are releasing Pierre Desir.

Last edited: