• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

McNabb on Cutler's Contract

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no need for personal attacks. There will always be the group that wants to suck on jays teet and defend everything the arrogant prick does. Then there ere are those of us that live in reality.

What doesnt make sense of watching Jay limp around grabbing his groin, then claiming an ankle injury? Leaves the stadium with no protection, no crutches, no walking boot because his groin was still the problem. You guys gotta stop sucking on his balls. McCown was on a roll, just threw for 500 yards, Jay started the next game and the bears lose, dont make the playoffs. If he was healthy, sure you play him, but he clearly was not healthy.

Where did you get your facts about the torn meniscious?

Jay Cutler?s Grandmother Calls Him a Pussy on Local Sports Show | The DAILY RASH

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no need for personal attacks. There will always be the group that wants to suck on jays teet and defend everything the arrogant prick does. Then there ere are those of us that live in reality.

What doesnt make sense of watching Jay limp around grabbing his groin, then claiming an ankle injury? Leaves the stadium with no protection, no crutches, no walking boot because his groin was still the problem. You guys gotta stop sucking on his balls. McCown was on a roll, just threw for 500 yards, Jay started the next game and the bears lose, dont make the playoffs. If he was healthy, sure you play him, but he clearly was not healthy.

Where did you get your facts about the torn meniscious?

Jay Cutler?s Grandmother Calls Him a Pussy on Local Sports Show | The DAILY RASH

You do know that's a spoof site right? Like the Onion en sech?

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you adding Ron Jaworski to the list? did you see his top 16 quarterbacks in the nfl, the top paid guy is not even on the list. Matthew Stafford was 16. He doesnt think cutler is better than half the QB's in the nfl.

Why did Jay leave the last playoff game the bears were in? He got beat to shit, dislocated his pinky on his LEFT HAND and refused to go back in the game for the second half.

This year he cost us victories coming back too soon just so he would get paid.

Maybe you need to face reality and get off Jays nuts.

You are just a troll who dosen't even know what he is trying to troll about. Maybe you need to shut the fuck up and go back to the packers board and stay away from our Chicago Bears board. You have got to be the biggest idiot to troll on here. Do not ever claim you are a Bears fan becaiuse you are not

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You do know that's a spoof site right? Like the Onion en sech?

Lol. This guy is a fucking troll. No sense feeding him, he is like lambeaulegs or dcenate3521

Last edited by a moderator:

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WTF?? IM a Jay hater??? How long have you and I been conversing??? Have you read anything Ive posted concerning my thoughts on Cutler?? Ever???

Leo, you originally "thumbed down" my reply to anotheridiot. I thought that was odd coming from you since that was actually a rebuttal, and NOT agreement to his post. What I said to him indicates NOTHING about Jay actually blaming anyone. It was an explanation saying that despite Martzs O being very QB unfriendly, he still made plays amidst those unfavorable circumstances. Learning to comprehend what is being said would benefit you greatly. :doh:

So you lose your mind because somebody hit the wrong thumb? Lol......

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there is no need for personal attacks.

I felt that there was absolutely a need for a personal attack, and that it was warranted.

There will always be the group that wants to suck on jays teet and defend everything the arrogant prick does. Then there ere are those of us that live in reality.

Did Jay bang your wife or something? The only irrational person talking on this matter is clearly you.

What doesnt make sense of watching Jay limp around grabbing his groin, then claiming an ankle injury?

Your stupidity continues to astound me. Jay tore his groin in Washington. He then came back two weeks later vs Detroit and suffered a grade one sprained high ankle sprain. It's actually very common when attempting to play hurt, that a player will injure another part of his body. Oh, and Jay was in a hard cast for a month after that injury. So either your lying, or you just really are this incompetent.

I find it utterly hilarious that you actually don't see the massive flaws in your logic when you condemn Jay for both playing hurt, and not playing hurt. That's so fucking funny. I literally laughed about that for like 30 seconds.

Leaves the stadium with no protection, no crutches, no walking boot because his groin was still the problem. You guys gotta stop sucking on his balls. McCown was on a roll, just threw for 500 yards, Jay started the next game and the bears lose, dont make the playoffs. If he was healthy, sure you play him, but he clearly was not healthy.

Oh, my god… Stop LMAO… just stop. It's hilarious. You can't be serious. You just can't be… nobody says this much incorrect shit. It's like impossible.

McCown threw for 348 yards vs Dallas (the worst statistical defense in NFL history, I believe) lol… not 500. Throwing for 348 yards against that defense is nothing much to brag about. What a fluke too… he hit defenders in the hands the entire game and threw air balls up to Alshon Jeffery a couple of times.

On a roll, LMAO… that's too good. He goes 1-2 vs three teams that combined to win, what? 15 games last season? lol, Played downright poorly vs Minny and STL.

The following week, the Bears played and defeated the Cleveland Browns, in Cleveland. They won Jay's comeback game.

Where did you get your facts about the torn meniscus?

It was an MCL, and the injury pretty common knowledge. Do you seriously need me to dig up a link that's over four years old? I'll do my best.

^^^^ Oh, I see why you don't have a single fact straight now. You get your news from a satirical website. Now it all makes sense!

Jeez, pull yourself together man. I'm worried about you.

C

cubzzzfanincali

and without any sense of irony, either!

C

cubzzzfanincali

I was referring to another idiot, not you. When you plea for no personal attacks and then IMMEDIATELY talk about posters tit suckers and cutler being an arrogant prick, it's just...well...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That earns 11/10. Exactly, Rich. I try to explain that to other fans. Another stigma that falls out of that is since Jay isnt elite, that somehow defaults him to a terrible QB.

I hate arguments about Cutler, but I'm easily sucked in.

It really is lose/lose.

People irrationally criticize him, and then when you defend him they act like you're saying he's the best quarterback in football. Shit, I just think he's a good QB, and to be honest I really like the guy. I think he's misunderstood. His mannerisms are douchey sometimes, but I don't think he knows how he's coming off.

I don't know if you listen to the Jay Cutler show ever on Mondays during the season, but he just seems like a guy. Pretty down to earth. Doesn't seem full of himself at all.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you lose your mind because somebody hit the wrong thumb? Lol......

Not really. You subsequently addressed the wrong person with your post. If my several attempts to get you to understand that qualifies as "losing my mind", so be it. I know its very difficult for you, but recognizing your error instead of deflecting actually works...

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate arguments about Cutler, but I'm easily sucked in.

It really is lose/lose.

People irrationally criticize him, and then when you defend him they act like you're saying he's the best quarterback in football. Shit, I just think he's a good QB, and to be honest I really like the guy. I think he's misunderstood. His mannerisms are douchey sometimes, but I don't think he knows how he's coming off.

I don't know if you listen to the Jay Cutler show ever on Mondays during the season, but he just seems like a guy. Pretty down to earth. Doesn't seem full of himself at all.

Yep. I encounter the exact same thing, and like you get too easily sucked into the most irrational ones. Ive just heard bits of the Jay Cutler show from time to time. Id listen to it if I could get it. Do you know if its broadcast on sirius/xm?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is the worst peer pressure driven forum for the bears on the internet.

If you want to be accepted, agree with the crowned prices of the forum.

Isnt a forum intended as a place to exchange ideas?

There are no arguments to even add to here. Agree with leo and rich or be ripped apart.

I see none of the experts here had anything to say about the "expert" Ron Jaworski not even placing Cutler as a top 16 quarterback in the league. Its far too easy to run a train on the idiot, why has nobody commented on the Jaworski rankings?

Somehow all these guys now think they are justified defending cutler because he is the highest paid quarterback in the nfl. There will be a plate of crow, we will see who is man enough to eat it.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Somehow all these guys now think they are justified defending cutler because he is the highest paid quarterback in the nfl. There will be a plate of crow, we will see who is man enough to eat it.

Pay attention to the bolded part. Where youre concerned, thats not at all the reason hes defended. Hes defended( and quite easily, I might add) strictly in response to the utterly stupid things YOU say. Heck, you cant even get the injury history correct. Thats at least the second time youve cited verbatim the incorrect injury at the incorrect occurrence. Its really difficult to empathize with your position when its really your delinquency/misinformation thats been driving the responses directed at you.

C

cubzzzfanincali

There are no arguments to even add to here. Agree with leo and rich or be ripped apart.

I see none of the experts here had anything to say about the "expert" Ron Jaworski not even placing Cutler as a top 16 quarterback in the league. Its far too easy to run a train on the idiot, why has nobody commented on the Jaworski rankings?

Anotheridiot, this is an extremely silly post. We've had tons of heated arguments on here. I almost never agree with leomaz, and if you think I am afraid of being ripped by him, you aren't very perceptive. There are times I even agree with you.

However, this is not one of those times. While I don't consider Cutler "elite", and I agree that he does in fact make some truly headscratching decisions from time to time that are a big part of what prevents him from being elite, I think you are going overboard. He's a pretty good quarterback. I would say above average. Not Top 5, but if I had to put a gun to my head I'd probably put him somewhere around # 10, give or take a couple.

Do I think Jaworski is right? No, really, I don't. But I often disagree with Jaworski. Jaworski is yet another guy with an opinion, he isn't God. No, I do not think Matthew Stafford is a better QB than Cutler. I don't think Nick Foles is better either. I think Jaworskiu is MAJORLY overrating Kaepernick and Eli. I would say Cutler vs. Romo is at least debatable. That's about where the debate starts to become murky. And he has Roethlisberger SIXTH, which I consider to be cookoo-clock crazy. So, no, Jaworski's opinion is not a particularly persuasive point you can make.

I think we will see over the course of his contract whether Cutler turns out to be worth it or not. In an era of rapidly-rising salary caps, as it appears we are entering, his contract could look like a huge bargain 4 years from now. Or Cutler will be riddling with injuries and it won't. I don't know, we shall see, but I'm waiting to see before launching into some of the invectives you are doing so now. The Bears have an offense right now built to compete, so let's just see what happens, because they may wind up doing exactly that, and if they do, we will see who does what crow eating.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is Ron Jaworski like the QB guru? He also had Cutler ranked in his top ten a year ago or so, so then would that have meant that Cutler was a really good QB in your eyes?

It's simple… just don't say dumb shit. You say dumb shit, and then you back up your dumb shit, with factually incorrect shit.

You've seen plenty of disagreements here over the years that have been gone about in a very fair manner. Maybe when everyone is calling you out, and your standing alone. It may be time to maybe… just MAAAAAAYBEEE consider the other side of the argument has some validity. MAYBE…

Maybe...

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And Cutler is not currently operating under the highest paid salary for QB's at all.

This year, yes, in order to maneuver some of the money around in his contract to fit the team's future needs his contract was front loaded.

However, next year, as of right now he will be compensated the 6th most amongst NFL QB's. Then, after that it pretty much continues to fall. When you get into the 4th and 5th year of his contract, his guaranteed money becomes almost non-existent. Meaning, they could cut him loose without parting ways with hardly any cap hit at all.

Then, you must take into account all of the new QB contracts that will (as always) continue to get bigger and bigger. As mentioned, you're comparing Cutler's contract to QB contracts of the past. When the new wave of QB's are re-signed, the numbers will shift dramatically. Cutler was just one of the first in line of the new QB contracts.

So… just more bull shit your twisting around to suit your argument. Which, the more we look into it, is filled with more and more holes.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. I encounter the exact same thing, and like you get too easily sucked into the most irrational ones. Ive just heard bits of the Jay Cutler show from time to time. Id listen to it if I could get it. Do you know if its broadcast on sirius/xm?

Nah. I don't believe so.

ESPN keeps all of their shows archived for quite sometime after airing, and it's pretty easy to fine on their website. I'll usually go to the site when I have a little down time a day or two after it airs, and just listen at my own convenience. No commercials either.

It's also a pretty cool listen because Tom Waddle doesn't really hold back too much when asking him questions about the game the day before. If Jay made a few poor throws/decisions the previous day, Waddle will be straight up in asking him what he saw on that play. They'll really get into some good football shop talk at times, and then sometimes they'll just goof around. Worth a listen for Bears fans, IMO.

leomaz

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol.....begin ripped by leomaz.....I've years to rip anybody......im not that smart and I'm not that mean......

C

cubzzzfanincali

and to clarify this, Jay Cutler salary ranking stuff...

he has the highest 2014 BASE salary. That much is true. However, after accounting for bonuses, his cap hit drops to 5th. Moreover, he has the 7th highest average salary among QBs (highest is Rodgers).

This is simply not that out of line. If the Bears didn't sign him for that, he assuredly would have got it (and probably more) from someone else. Then we would be back stuck in the QB revolving door game.

Now, one can argue that QBs are overpaid. Fine, maybe that's true. But they are overpaid, and next year's starting QBs who get new contracts will leap frog beyond this year's, and the year's after's beyond those, and so on. If Cutler pans out, and stays relatively unhurt, he will be getting leapfrogged for 7 years into the future.

Let's all hope so.