• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mayhew is about to do something real crazy.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Watkins or Evans is Mayhew's choice, I'd no longer be having fits as I've previously stated. I have my preference who I'd want but they're several players at #10 that would provide an impact in 2014. They're both what would be considered impact player's, IMO. I wouldn't like giving up any draft picks in this years or possibly next years draft but by the end of the season, I might be saying what a smart move Mayhew made based on how either of them perform. Any one of the following would be just fine; Mack, Watkins, Matthews, Evans, Donald, Barr, Dix, Gilbert. (assuming Clowney and Robinson are long gone).

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trustme's Mock Draft:

1.Houston/Atlanta: Clowney goes #1 to either team.
2. Detroit: Watkins -- Detroit trades #10 pick, #45 and either a 3rd or 4th to get here.
3. Jacksonville: Bortles goes at 3.
4.Cleveland: Manziel
5. Detroit: Mike Evans -- Detroit trades Suh straight up for the #5 pick -- we are going to be going 4 wide -- We have to find a 4th WR
6. Atlanta: Robinson
7. Tampa: Matthews
8. Vikings: Carr
9. Buffalo: Ebron
10. Rams: Lewan

Now that is my dream draft -- We rid ourselves of the Suh headache and we can set our sites on breaking any and every offensive record in the NFL.:laugh3:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ TrustMe.... You forgot to add in that we're winning the Super-Bowl in 2014 too.. If you're going to be funny... Go All The Way....

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ TrustMe.... You forgot to add in that we're winning the Super-Bowl in 2014 too.. If you're going to be funny... Go All The Way.... at a minimum

If we are going to win the Super Bowl in 2014 -- we will need to trade Nick Fairley and our 3rd or 4th round pick (whichever one isn't traded to STL) to move back into the 1st round to draft Eric Ebron.

We can replace Suh and Fairley with the 2 4th round picks we'd have left and upgrade the rest of the defense in the 6th and 7th rounds, as I don't think we have a 5th this year, as we traded it for Mike Thomas. (I could be getting my years mixed up on that trade though?)

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^ TrustMe.... You forgot to add in that we're winning the Super-Bowl in 2014 too.. If you're going to be funny... Go All The Way.... at a minimum

And thank you for seeing that mock draft for what it is -- an 'attempt' at humor.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And thank you for seeing that mock draft for what it is -- an 'attempt' at humor.

yeah, my bad on one of the previous posts you made in a humorous nature. I knew it was but didn't state it in my rebuttal... :nod:

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should trade Stafford and our 7th rounder for Aaron Rodgers, Bush and our sixth for Adrian Peterson, Suh for Patrick Willis, our second for Jimmy Graham, and our first for Patrick Peterson.

Oh, we're discussing things that might actually happen? Oh, my bad.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we are going to win the Super Bowl in 2014 -- we will need to trade Nick Fairley and our 3rd or 4th round pick (whichever one isn't traded to STL) to move back into the 1st round to draft Eric Ebron.

We can replace Suh and Fairley with the 2 4th round picks we'd have left and upgrade the rest of the defense in the 6th and 7th rounds, as I don't think we have a 5th this year, as we traded it for Mike Thomas. (I could be getting my years mixed up on that trade though?)

TrustMe.... Damn, you are spot on with on the inside info :laugh3: Detroit Lions spend more time with Eric Ebron as they examine TE draft prospects | Detroit Free Press | freep.com

one of the comments in Dave Birkett's article
The Detroit Lions’ never-ending search for offensive weapons could lead them to take a tight end in next month’s NFL draft.
And if they decide to go that route in the first round, North Carolina’s Eric Ebron seems to be the only tight end worth an early draft pick.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We should trade Stafford and our 7th rounder for Aaron Rodgers, Bush and our sixth for Adrian Peterson, Suh for Patrick Willis, our second for Jimmy Graham, and our first for Patrick Peterson.

Oh, we're discussing things that might actually happen? Oh, my bad.

Sorry -- we already are trading our 1st, 2nd and 4th round to get Watkins. We are also trading Nick Fairley and our 3rd round for Chicago's pick at 14 to take Eric Ebron, as well as Suh to Oakland for the 5th pick to take Mike Evans.

I do like where your head is at with trading Stafford and a 7th for Rodgers and Bush and a 6th for Adrian Peterson.

Maybe we can get Cleveland to trade us Alex Mack for Ziggy Ansah and we could have the most dominate offense in the history of the NFL.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Orlovsky will do just fine... We don't need Stafford... He can duplicate Manning on the first play from scrimmage that we know already

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Take needs out of the scenario with that #10 pick.

Any other picks it factors in far more heavily, but picking in the top-ten is about adding the best talent possible, imo...

So then there is a chance we draft a QB if he is there at 10? Since need is taken out of the equation, of course.

Do we really have to have this discussion again?

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to downplay the signing of Mathis, as unfortunately for us Lions fan, at 33 years old, he was the best CB we had on the team last year. I can say with pretty much certainty -- that the signing of a CB who will be 34 in 4 months isn't going to sway the Lions decision in the least bit with their draft picks.

Now if Mathis was 24 years old -- I could get on board with that line of thinking.

Not much but it will keep them from taking 1 at number 10

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So then there is a chance we draft a QB if he is there at 10? Since need is taken out of the equation, of course.

Do we really have to have this discussion again?

Apparently we do...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustmeImright,

Does it make you feel a little better that the Lions are hosting Clowney?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade backwards to take clowney.......He has bust written all over him.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley -- something is fishy with his scenario. The whole not picking up his 5th year option makes no sense. It isn't as if Fairley has a great year that Detroit is going to make him a top paid DT, as he has been so inconsistent. I honestly think we may see Fairley traded at some point.

Mayhew has had many conversations with Fairley and has got a chance to see his on-field production and didn't pick it up. I am going to trust him on this one, because we have no idea how Fairley is off the field, other than his arrests. My guess is Fairley walks and Suh gets re-signed for big bucks.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get where you're coming from, but what are we going to do after this season without Fairley?

Honestly, Fairley doesn't have the drive or work ethic to become great. His talent, going into his third season.. Should of been way way better than he was. Way to inconsistent of a top pick. Not going to be missed much, trust me.

On a side note, he might have a big year this season because it's a contract year but I'm not buying it. Let another team sign him to a monster deal then get 2-3 half assed seasons before cutting him or him turning it on for one more payday.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't trade backwards to take clowney.......He has bust written all over him.

Please, I would like to know you guys idea this guy won't be a bad ass? Guy is like a Julius Peppers clone but maybe even more athletic. I'd take my chances.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustmeImright,

Does it make you feel a little better that the Lions are hosting Clowney?

It will only make me feel better if I read tomorrow that they took him to dinner. In all honesty, if the Lions traded up and drafted Clowney or Mack -- I would have a new found faith in the front office.

If they trade up to draft Watkins or Evans -- I will be convinced that Matt Millen is secretly still calling the shots as the silent GM and Mayhew is just the talking head.

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please, I would like to know you guys idea this guy won't be a bad ass? Guy is like a Julius Peppers clone but maybe even more athletic. I'd take my chances.

I won't deny his ability, I doubt what's between the ears, one day the young fans will get it......Draft guys with character.

Mark my words, he will play on his contract years and fade away the years in between.....Guys like Fairley and clowney should be signed on 1 year contracts with production results.......Never pay/sign lazy players to long year contracts.