• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe it is time to trade Wentz

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
instead of talking about the "ignore" nonsense, why not call this dink out on his absurd stupidity? he just said carson wentz is a big reason we aren't 0-7. and NO ONE else here besides me has a problem with that? then when i point out it was the defense that won the jets game, he says the jets game doesn't count (even though it's a scheduled game and he included it as a wentz win.) SERIOUSLY, NO ONE IS GOING TO CALL OUT THAT FUCKING STUPIDITY?!!

you all sat there and gave me crap for foles. and guess what? i was right. i didn't expect it to show this soon, but i was right. everything i said; foles being a better fit, teammates loving him, the team needs to get younger, we need more picks, the superbowl window is closing quickly, etc. it was all true. and some of you are starting to see it now.

whats 'phillygreen' known for? bad mouthing schwartz for years. a guy that had the eagles defense ranked 12th, 4th and 12th these last 3 seasons in points allowed. and now for blaming the team's failures on everyone but wentz, after he foolishly cried about how "elite" he was.

but no one says anything. :noidea:

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
instead of talking about the "ignore" nonsense, why not call this dink out on his absurd stupidity? he just said carson wentz is a big reason we aren't 0-7. and NO ONE else here besides me has a problem with that? then when i point out it was the defense that won the jets game, he says the jets game doesn't count (even though it's a scheduled game and he included it as a wentz win.) SERIOUSLY, NO ONE IS GOING TO CALL OUT THAT FUCKING STUPIDITY?!!

you all sat there and gave me crap for foles. and guess what? i was right. i didn't expect it to show this soon, but i was right. everything i said; foles being a better fit, teammates loving him, the team needs to get younger, we need more picks, the superbowl window is closing quickly, etc. it was all true. and some of you are starting to see it now.

whats 'phillygreen' known for? bad mouthing schwartz for years. a guy that had the eagles defense ranked 12th, 4th and 12th these last 3 seasons in points allowed. and now for blaming the team's failures on everyone but wentz, after he foolishly cried about how "elite" he was.

but no one says anything. :noidea:

I've called you out multiple times on your absurd stupidity, dink...

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I have debunked your 12th, 4th and 12th argument several times. You ignored those posts and kept going on your rant about Wentz trying to deflect your argument. Another tactic you use is you keep throwing up the year 2017 like is has some relevance. Let me clue you in on something. Today's date is October 24th, 2019..... I think he should be fired based on his performance as a DC this year. When I wanted him fired in 2018 it was for the same reasons. His performance as a DC in 2018. The Eagles lost 6 games last year and the defense is directly responsible for 4 of those losses and 3 of them were due to late game collapses. You throw a couple stats out there and think that makes your point and they are easily exposed. When that stupid argument does now work you throw out the injury and lack of talent argument but you use that argument for the defense only and never use that same argument for the offense.

I think Carson Wentz is an elite talent. I have not stated otherwise and I still believe he is an elite talent. Most people think that same thing. I have never absolved Wentz when he played bad and you are a liar if you suggest otherwise. Find a post where Wentz played bad and I did not admit it. I challenge you to find it. If you are unwilling to search for it then you need to STFU about it.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have debunked your 12th, 4th and 12th argument several times. You ignored those posts and kept going on your rant about Wentz trying to deflect your argument. Another tactic you use is you keep throwing up the year 2017 like is has some relevance. Let me clue you in on something. Today's date is October 24th, 2019..... I think he should be fired based on his performance as a DC this year. When I wanted him fired in 2018 it was for the same reasons. His performance as a DC in 2018. The Eagles lost 6 games last year and the defense is directly responsible for 4 of those losses and 3 of them were due to late game collapses. You throw a couple stats out there and think that makes your point and they are easily exposed. When that stupid argument does now work you throw out the injury and lack of talent argument but you use that argument for the defense only and never use that same argument for the offense.

I think Carson Wentz is an elite talent. I have not stated otherwise and I still believe he is an elite talent. Most people think that same thing. I have never absolved Wentz when he played bad and you are a liar if you suggest otherwise. Find a post where Wentz played bad and I did not admit it. I challenge you to find it. If you are unwilling to search for it then you need to STFU about it.

The TN game was a complete joke for this D and really the beginning of the end.

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
forgot to add this irony too; the defense you love to hate is largely responsible for 2 of the 3 wins. they completely dominated the jets. then against the packers, they got a strip sack to set up an easy TD and picked off rodgers in the endzone to finish off the game.. AFTER WENTZ MISSED 2 SIMPLE THROWS to ice it. what, you think wentz won that game because he threw for 160 yards? LOFL. we rushed for 176. the packers let him dump all game.

The defense is supposed to help win the game. I love how the Wentz haters give the defense credit when he wins, but no blame in a loss and put it all on Wentz ( Carolina and Tennessee last year )

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the balls on this guy! Mitchy Tribusky is his QB and he comes in here and calls me out??
giphy.gif

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense is supposed to help win the game. I love how the Wentz haters give the defense credit when he wins, but no blame in a loss and put it all on Wentz ( Carolina and Tennessee last year )

2nd Cowboys game too. It was a dogfight until the 4th quarter. Wentz matched them drive for drive. Cowboys scored a TD. He marched them down to score to tie the game. Scored the last TD in the last 2 minutes to tie the game and force it in overtime. What happened in overtime the Eagles lost the toss (Wentz fault). The Cowboys had a 13 play drive and scored a TD to end the game.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

you debunked NOTHING. and your cherry picking bullshit is actually starting to get annoying.

"the defense blew blah blah blah"

what, the titans game? oh boo hoo, we had a 17-3 lead and they gave up a TD to make it 17-10. what happened after that? wentz got sacked, 1st and 10 at the 50. 2 plays later, oh, wentz gets sacked again and fumbles (shocker.) the defense holds the titans to 3 despite the great field position. 17-13. then what? OHHH, the elite carson wentz goes 3 and out.

the vikings. 3-3 score. OHHH, the elite carson wentz fumbles again. 64 yard return TD. then he comes right back with a 3 and out. defense held the vikings to 16. their fault again? surely it was.

carolina game? oh well. maybe the offense should have scored more than 17. maybe wentz shouldn't have tried turning it over 10 times on the final drive. or, it doesn't work like that huh? you only blame the defense.

dallas game? yeah, another early wentz pick. wentz passing on 3rd and 1, not getting the job done (which sets up 4th down failure.) another sack. another meager 3 points at halftime. game tying drive.. wentz throws short at the sticks and turns it over on downs. he's so depenable finishing games, i don't understand?

you know who did his job though? MOTHERFUCKING NICK FOLES. he put 13 up at the half against the rams and 30 by the end of the 3rd. then he led a game winning drive as time expired against the texans. know who didn't do that shit? i think you know.

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
carolina game? oh well. maybe the offense should have scored more than 17. maybe wentz shouldn't have tried turning it over 10 times on the final drive. or, it doesn't work like that huh? you only blame the defense.

That game is 100% on the defense. There was 4 byes that week, so 28 teams played. The other 27 defenses that weekend made at least one stop without surrendering points, the Eagles defense are the only one that gave up points on every 4th quarter drive.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
notice the theme as well. the eagles struggling to get to 20 points in these games. yet you want a defense with average talent (being extremely generous here) to dominate teams in this fast paced, score happy league? LOFL! as soon as foles came in and dumped points on the board, we went 3-0 with two powerhouse wins.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That game is 100% on the defense. There was 4 byes that week, so 28 teams played. The other 27 defenses that weekend made at least one stop without surrendering points, the Eagles defense are the only one that gave up points on every 4th quarter drive.

misguided. are they part of the blame? of course. they also locked down newton's annoying ass for 3 quarters and didn't give up jack. this was a panthers team that scored 24, 31 and 33 before the eagles game.. then 36 and 42 afterwards, starting the year 6-2.

defense can't do all the fucking work. if the giants could put up 31 and the redskins 23 the prior 2 weeks, what the hell was the wentz led offense doing? their 17 is easily part of the blame as well.

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
misguided. are they part of the blame? of course. they also locked down newton's annoying ass for 3 quarters and didn't give up jack. this was a panthers team that scored 24, 31 and 33 before the eagles game.. then 36 and 42 afterwards, starting the year 6-2.

defense can't do all the fucking work. if the giants could put up 31 and the redskins 23 the prior 2 weeks, what the hell was the wentz led offense doing? their 17 is easily part of the blame as well.

If you think making one 4th quarter stop, after the offense dominated time of possession and kept them rested is unreasonable, then you obviously have an anti Wentz agenda.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you debunked NOTHING. and your cherry picking bullshit is actually starting to get annoying.

Then stop responding. I am not making you reply.

"the defense blew blah blah blah"

The Defense does suck. You are the only one on this forum saying otherwise.

what, the titans game? oh boo hoo, we had a 17-3 lead and they gave up a TD to make it 17-10. what happened after that? wentz got sacked, 1st and 10 at the 50. 2 plays later, oh, wentz gets sacked again and fumbles (shocker.) the defense holds the titans to 3 despite the great field position. 17-13. then what? OHHH, the elite carson wentz goes 3 and out.

So let me see if I am understanding this correctly. Wentz got them the lead late but because he did not get the first down it is all on him? He actually led a drive to get them a field goal that forced overtime. Then in overtime he got a field goal on the drive. The defense followed that up by allowing a 16 play 75 yard drive. This is why you are a joke.

the vikings. 3-3 score. OHHH, the elite carson wentz fumbles again. 64 yard return TD. then he comes right back with a 3 and out. defense held the vikings to 16. their fault again? surely it was.

Who the mentioned the Vikings? This is you adding irrelevant shit to a debate. No one is saying Wentz is perfect and without blame. called you on on that already. Find a post where Wentz plays bad and I don't admit it. Otherwise shut the fuck up about it.

The comments in my thread is debunking your contention that the defense is without blame and does not suck.

17 point lead going into the 4th quarter and the defense is without blame? You can't be that fucking stupid.

game? yeah, another early wentz pick. wentz passing on 3rd and 1, not getting the job done (which sets up 4th down failure.) another sack. another meager 3 points at halftime. game tying drive.. wentz throws short at the sticks and turns it over on downs. he's so depenable finishing games, i don't understand?

Yet you ignored everythin about the post and are focusing on shit that does not matter. Now try to keep up because I am not sure what the fuck you are talking about. I am talking about the 2nd Cowboys in 2018. The game were Carson Wentz threw 3 TD passes. Dallas had the game 9-6 going into the 4th Qtr. Wentz matched the Cowboys drive for drive with points. The Defense did not make a singles stop in the 4th Qtr and overtime.

you know who did his job though? MOTHERFUCKING NICK FOLES. he put 13 up at the half against the rams and 30 by the end of the 3rd. then he led a game winning drive as time expired against the texans. know who didn't do that shit? i think you know.

You complain saying that I am cherry picking and do the very same thing. So you are a hypocrite too.

The Eagles had 29 - 16 lead with 10 minutes left in the game. The Defense blew that lead. So that further cements they suck or Jim Schwartz does because one again the imploded. Why don't you hold Foles accountable for not putting the Texans away. He had a 3 and out right after the Texans scored a TD to close the game to 6 points. The Texans scored and took the lead. And yes Foles led us down to the game winning field goal. I am sorry I can't seem to find a post where I said Foles sucked. Would you care to see if you can find one?

The Rams game? During the season Carson Wentz was having an MVP Caliber season? The game where Foles did not throw a single TD pass but had an interception? I think that is all the necessary response for that stupidity.

Last edited:

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you think making one 4th quarter stop, after the offense dominated time of possession and kept them rested is unreasonable, then you obviously have an anti Wentz agenda.

so, if the offense scored an early TD and got the 2 point conversion for an 8-0 lead.. then the defense gave up three 4th quarter field goals, you'd blame the defense for losing 8-9? the defense failed in the 4th. but the offense failed as well. regardless, this is cherry picking one game.

like i said in my previous post, a constant theme emerged in the eagles struggling to score 20 points. foles came in for his three games and dumped 30, 32 and 24 on the board. if wentz plays like that, no one is complaining about a carolina WIN.

PhillyGreen

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He continues to prove that he is

His logic is just so stupid. If a defense stops the Eagles it is Wentz fault for not making plays. If our defense does not stop anyone it is not their fault because they have no talent and injuries.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Then stop responding. I am not making you reply.

i have trouble ignoring bullshit.

The Defense does suck. You are the only one on this forum saying otherwise.

except for the fact i constantly say we're old, lacking talent and don't have the proper pieces. it's not my fault you cannot grasp a new coach isn't going to come in, spread his pixie dust and turn this defense into the 49ers or pats.

So let me see if I am understanding this correctly. Wentz got them the lead late but because he did not get the first down it is all on him? He actually led a drive to get them a field goal that forced overtime. Then in overtime he got a field goal on the drive. The defense followed that up by allowing a 16 play 75 yard drive. This is why you are a joke.

good to see you keep cherry picking when wentz does something, but ignore when he is continually bending the defense over with his mistakes.

17 point lead going into the 4th quarter and the defense is without blame? You can't be that fucking stupid.

don't worry, i'll never touch your level.

Yet you ignored everythin about the post and are focusing on shit that does not matter. Now try to keep up because I am not sure what the fuck you are talking about. I am talking about the 2nd Cowboys in 2018. The game were Carson Wentz threw 3 TD passes. Dallas had the game 9-6 going into the 4th Qtr. Wentz matched the Cowboys drive for drive with points. The Defense did not make a singles stop in the 4th Qtr and overtime.

so, you're ignoring the fact the eagles only had 6 points in 3 quarters and 256 yards (like 175 in the 4th) for the whole game? of course you're trying to solely blame the defense again. 9 points in 3 quarters for them. WHO DID THEIR JOB FOR MOST OF THE GAME AND WHO DIDN'T? you keep trying to break it down to 1 or 2 plays to favor your argument. there wouldn't be an argument if wentz could lead the team like foles and push 25-35 on the board most games.

just like with the wentz and foles discussion, you cannot grasp reality and the topic at hand. you have your mouth firmly locked on wentz' nuts.. where as i have REPEATEDLY stated our WHOLE roster is old and lacking talent (that includes the defense, in case you still can't grasp it.) i am highly impressed that schwartz could have a bunch of scrubs, bums and rejects hit the top 5 one year and borderline top 10 for a couple of other seasons. they finally might break down now in his 4th year.