• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe it is time to trade Wentz

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
people still going on about the agholor bust nonsense? lets just look at that draft alone..

4th - amari cooper. obviously know his abilities.

7th - kevin white. 14 games & 25 catches over 3 years. not even in the NFL any more(?)

14th - devante parker. 60 games, 187 catches, 2560 yards, 12 TD, 119 first downs.

20th - nelson agholor. 68 games, 214 catches, 2413 yards, 18 TD, 101 first downs.

26th - breshad perriman. 42 games, 62 catches, 932 yards, 5 TD, 38 first downs. on his 3rd team in 4 years.

29th - phillip dorsett. 64 games, 116 catches, 1523 yards, 10 TD, 67 first downs.

how is agholor the bust?!
He has less yards in more games then total fucking bust DeVante Parker.

Get a clue.

Agholor makes 3 plays a year. He was a better receiver in college. Busted in the pros.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
maybe we can see someone throw the ball to whiteside before declaring him a round 2 bust.
Clearly you don't watch the games. He dropped a chance and looked terrible doing it. He's missed on nearly every chance the coaches gave him. He looked so bad he doesn't even get many snaps anymore.

He can't even get on the field and you atareaking shots at Wentz for nunothrowing it ro him on the sideline. You're such a clown and making up shit to try to make your pathetic point.

knowyourenemy

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yeah, stats and facts are dumb! :rolleyes2:

agholor is listed at 3 drops this season. cooper, beckham, sanu have 4. kelce and fuller have 5. edelman has 6. just random examples.

some players that have a lower percentage caught: ginn jr., beasley, watkins, cooks, ertz, evans, beckham, gordon (who some here want) parker, crazy antonio brown, robby anderson (again, wanted here) sanu.

agholor is durable. he's a slot receiver. he's a team player who only talks about winning. he's already had 768 & 736 yard seasons. he had 9 catches for 84 yards in the superbowl, and even rushed for 9. in 5 playoff games he has 19 catches/205 yards and 5 rushes/41 yards. if wentz looked to him more like foles did, he'd be a borderline 1,000 yard receiver out of the slot.

but he's a bust or some garbage receiver because he isn't working the outside? because he drops a few passes here and there like EVERYONE on this team? this is the random bullshit that pisses me off about "fans." if we're just talking about money, that's a completely seperate deal. but we're not. people thinking he's anything close to a bust is.. pitiful. just going to leave it at that.

maybe we can see someone throw the ball to whiteside before declaring him a round 2 bust.

I agree with you that Agholor is a good slot receiver that’s playing too much because of injuries to the other receivers.

That doesn’t mean we can’t be frustrated with his performance - and the stats you’re citing don’t capture everything about Agholor’s performance.

The truth is that Howie should have acquired another speed WR at some point. He didn’t and now the offense lacks explosiveness. And the one receiver who has flashed big plays in the past has not been coming up with them so far this year.

I think the problem with Agholor is that he’s not a true deep threat and also not a true slot receiver. It’s crazy to me that he’s at 9 yards per catch. That’s pitiful, the worst of his career. True deep threats have WAY higher yards per catch (the lowest of Desean’s career was 13.4, even Torrey Smith average 11.9 for the Eagles and his career average was 16.1). True possession slot receivers have way higher catch percentage AND higher yards per catch (Edelman at 67%/10.8, Amendola at 72%12.4, Sanders at 69%/11.5, Crowder at 70%/9.2).

Agholor is somewhere in the middle and so it’s not clear where he fits. He’s sort of a Marvin Jones / Mario Manningham / Steve Johnson sort of player. He can be a productive player but he really shouldn’t be your top receiver. And most of the time, you’re going to be able to replace his production once he’s gone.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that Agholor is a good slot receiver that’s playing too much because of injuries to the other receivers.

That doesn’t mean we can’t be frustrated with his performance - and the stats you’re citing don’t capture everything about Agholor’s performance.

The truth is that Howie should have acquired another speed WR at some point. He didn’t and now the offense lacks explosiveness. And the one receiver who has flashed big plays in the past has not been coming up with them so far this year.

I think the problem with Agholor is that he’s not a true deep threat and also not a true slot receiver. It’s crazy to me that he’s at 9 yards per catch. That’s pitiful, the worst of his career. True deep threats have WAY higher yards per catch (the lowest of Desean’s career was 13.4, even Torrey Smith average 11.9 for the Eagles and his career average was 16.1). True possession slot receivers have way higher catch percentage AND higher yards per catch (Edelman at 67%/10.8, Amendola at 72%12.4, Sanders at 69%/11.5, Crowder at 70%/9.2).

Agholor is somewhere in the middle and so it’s not clear where he fits. He’s sort of a Marvin Jones / Mario Manningham / Steve Johnson sort of player. He can be a productive player but he really shouldn’t be your top receiver. And most of the time, you’re going to be able to replace his production once he’s gone.

see, i have no problem with that view. he definitely is a frustrating player and it can wear on fans. but that doesn't negate that he has done an adequate job overall as an eagle. certainly nothing special, but definitely not some waste of space.

now, someone like marcus smith, that dude was a bust. eric rowe, bust. danny watkins, bust. so bad you don't even want them on the field. i don't like people lumping agholor in with those stiffs. would it have been great if he were better? even MUCH better than what he has shown? of course. but there are clearly plenty of similar and worse players, who were also drafted much higher in his time.

manningham is one of his similar players comparisons. golden tate, ed mccaffrey, kenny britt are some others. and i don't disagree with the rest of what you said. he's a productive player at times, shouldn't be anywhere near your top receiver and it's not a big deal to replace him. i'd rather not have him at all for the money spent. but, he's definitely a piece that helps the team.. even if it's barely at times.

but i'll also have to say again.. wentz does not like to go to him, rarely throws the deep ball and misses frequently when he does. he beat the jets once on a deep ball and drew an illegal contact (throw was on the money and it would have been big.) then he got open for a deep TD later in the game, but wentz badly overthrew him out of bounds, gave him no chance. dallas game, regardless of what people feel he should have done.. the throw wasn't there.

when wentz got sacked early on against the bills, they showed a backfield view. you could see agholor 1 on 1 going deep, with a step on his man and looking back for the ball. carson ate it instead and took the sack. can't make the dude throw it to him.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has less yards in more games then total fucking bust DeVante Parker.

Get a clue.

Agholor makes 3 plays a year. He was a better receiver in college. Busted in the pros.

oh. did all 3 of those plays in 2017 come at once against the pats? you know, when we were losing 33-32 and time winding down..

• 2nd & 9 at PHI 48
    (4:11 - 4th) (Shotgun) N.Foles pass short right to N.Agholor to NE 42 for 10 yards (P.Chung).

• 1st & 10 at NE 42
    (3:25 - 4th) (Shotgun) N.Foles pass short middle to N.Agholor to NE 24 for 18 yards (D.McCourty). NE-P.Chung was injured during the play. He is Out.

• 1st & 10 at NE 24
    (2:43 - 4th) (Shotgun) N.Foles pass short left to N.Agholor pushed ob at NE 14 for 10 yards (D.Harmon).

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
oh. did all 3 of those plays in 2017 come at once against the pats? you know, when we were losing 33-32 and time winding down..

• 2nd & 9 at PHI 48
    (4:11 - 4th) (Shotgun) N.Foles pass short right to N.Agholor to NE 42 for 10 yards (P.Chung).

• 1st & 10 at NE 42
    (3:25 - 4th) (Shotgun) N.Foles pass short middle to N.Agholor to NE 24 for 18 yards (D.McCourty). NE-P.Chung was injured during the play. He is Out.

• 1st & 10 at NE 24
    (2:43 - 4th) (Shotgun) N.Foles pass short left to N.Agholor pushed ob at NE 14 for 10 yards (D.Harmon).

So you want to hang on to him and get rid of Wentz because of 3 catches that 200 wide receivers make every time?

Get help.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you want to hang on to him and get rid of Wentz because of 3 catches that 200 wide receivers make every time?

Get help.

3 catches. you know he also made a 3rd and 6 catch a few yards short of the first down, shook off a defender and rolled for a 17 yard gain too, right? without that effort, the clement TD never happens and we punt instead of going up 29-19. or did you forget.. because that doesn't fit your agenda? wow, he beat your "3 plays per year" in just one half of football! agholor must be amazing.

i also just said i'd rather not have him for the money he makes. he's a #3 type receiver. maybe people shouldn't foolishly assume you have to be great just because you were the 20th pick. he was one of the many pieces that came up big when we needed him and helped win a superbowl. THAT ALONE makes his pick worthy.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
3 catches. you know he also made a 3rd and 6 catch a few yards short of the first down, shook off a defender and rolled for a 17 yard gain too, right? without that effort, the clement TD never happens and we punt instead of going up 29-19. or did you forget.. because that doesn't fit your agenda? wow, he beat your "3 plays per year" in just one half of football! agholor must be amazing.

i also just said i'd rather not have him for the money he makes. he's a #3 type receiver. maybe people shouldn't foolishly assume you have to be great just because you were the 20th pick. he was one of the many pieces that came up big when we needed him and helped win a superbowl. THAT ALONE makes his pick worthy.
I wanted to draft Agholor. Been a big fan and wanted to give him space to develop here. But he didn't. That play was great and right when we needed it. When he is lucky enough to catch it, he's good enough with the ball in his hands. But the whole package is abysmal and limits the offense. Your bias is pathetic.

John

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have been saying for two years now that Nelson Agholor is mediocre, at best.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wanted to draft Agholor. Been a big fan and wanted to give him space to develop here. But he didn't. That play was great and right when we needed it. When he is lucky enough to catch it, he's good enough with the ball in his hands. But the whole package is abysmal and limits the offense. Your bias is pathetic.

what bias? he's a #3 at best, has his issues and i already said i do not prefer him at his current salary. i really do not care if he stays, goes, gets traded, gets cut, whatever. but it's idiotic to call him a bust or act like he's complete trash is all i'm saying. that's reserved for someone like josh huff. agholor will be in this league for a long time.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what bias? he's a #3 at best, has his issues and i already said i do not prefer him at his current salary. i really do not care if he stays, goes, gets traded, gets cut, whatever. but it's idiotic to call him a bust or act like he's complete trash is all i'm saying. that's reserved for someone like josh huff. agholor will be in this league for a long time.
That's a bust.

Good day, sir.:yo: