• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe it is time to trade Wentz

Funk

All The Football
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Garbage article, I guess the off-season is in full swing now. Welcome.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
another fucking retard...

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Research things and you will learn the stories behind the story.

A local boxing writer that never wanted Wentz, sees an opportunity to write a sourceless piece of fiction to jump into the QB controversy hysteria.

Here's this same writer's opinion on the trade up for Carson.

Santoliquito: The Eagles Just Became The Cleveland Browns
Author: Joseph Santoliquito
April 20, 2016

https://www.google.com/amp/s/philad...-eagles-just-became-the-cleveland-browns/amp/

Don't believe what you read inthe media. When no sources are mentioned it's usually becausethey don't have any.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Research things and you will learn the stories behind the story.

A local boxing writer that never wanted Wentz, sees an opportunity to write a sourceless piece of fiction to jump into the QB controversy hysteria.

Here's this same writer's opinion on the trade up for Carson.

Santoliquito: The Eagles Just Became The Cleveland Browns
Author: Joseph Santoliquito
April 20, 2016

https://www.google.com/amp/s/philad...-eagles-just-became-the-cleveland-browns/amp/

Don't believe what you read inthe media. When no sources are mentioned it's usually becausethey don't have any.

This! My first blush was “oh shit!” Then I read up on this more. A piece with clearly questionable sourcing meant to fire up the haters all the more. Nothing else.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:how does an article where he disagrees with the wentz trade/pick make this article posted, years later, completely false?!

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

There's quite a few leaps made here. Ertz had his most targets in a season (16) in two different games, by both QBs. His lowest number of targets on the season was under Wentz.

There may be something to Wentz pulling back too many RPOs because he thinks that he can make a throw that isn't really there. Don't know the numbers off the top of my head there.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:how does an article where he disagrees with the wentz trade/pick make this article posted, years later, completely false?!
It's false on many levels.

The writer's bias is only one factor.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh.

There's quite a few leaps made here. Ertz had his most targets in a season (16) in two different games, by both QBs. His lowest number of targets on the season was under Wentz.

There may be something to Wentz pulling back too many RPOs because he thinks that he can make a throw that isn't really there. Don't know the numbers off the top of my head there.

Wentz threw to Ertz 9.6 times per game. Foles threw to Ertz 9.3 times per game. The leap on Ertz is ridiculous.

Now....the drop in targets to Jeffrey from Wentz to Foles is much more noticeable. He threw a good bit to Jeffrey on his first game back. Not much after that. That's development. Pulling back RPOs because he can make the play.....thats development.

And it is built by an arrogance. That has absolutely been there in my view.

The rest of the detraction reported on Wentz feels stretched and overstated by a good margin.

mannyz

The Real Batman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We will know by who they either trade or cut in the coming months

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wentz threw to Ertz 9.6 times per game. Foles threw to Ertz 9.3 times per game. The leap on Ertz is ridiculous.

Now....the drop in targets to Jeffrey from Wentz to Foles is much more noticeable. He threw a good bit to Jeffrey on his first game back. Not much after that. That's development. Pulling back RPOs because he can make the play.....thats development.

And it is built by an arrogance. That has absolutely been there in my view.

The rest of the detraction reported on Wentz feels stretched and overstated by a good margin.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's even more comical than assuming the article is bullshit is assuming it's bullshit simply because a few eagles spoke up denying it. as if someone was going to blurt out "well, carson is kind of a selfish dick. i know i don't want him as our QB."

it would eventually take dire circumstances just for someone to have the balls to say "maybe we would have been better off with nick."

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
how do you gather popularity statistics with team members for each QB?... those are the important numbers.

I’m sure one of the cheerleaders has this data all written out in a notebook with unicorns on it.

Roy Munson

Posting with one hand
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m sure one of the cheerleaders has this data all written out in a notebook with unicorns on it.

probably one of the sources for this douche writer's article.

Northern Eagle

Hangin' With The Homeboys
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It was a frustrating season on many levels for everyone. Not just the fans, but the players as well. When things don't quite go the way they should, things like this come out. Wentz was dealing with his injuries, probably put an inordinate amount of pressure on himself that made him look and sound like a dick.

Tom Brady is a dick. Aaron Rodgers is a dick. Big Ben is a dick. Carson may be a dick. Doesn't mean we need to get rid of him because a few guys are upset he comes across as a Type A alpha dog. That's kind of been his personality all along anyway. He's no different than a lot of young players in that he still needs to mature, some of us on the board have already stated many times that's something he needs to do moving forward.

DutchBird

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at the heart, the actual facts were all known before this article, per statements of the coaching staff, other players and even Wentz himself.

Wentz has his issues, all of them well known by now and clearly visible ('hero-complex'), etc.

Basically, Santoloquito seems to have taken fairly well known, openly admitted or easily discernible issues with the team/Wentz, and put his own spin on it in order to create basically a hit piece.

Marcus Hayes basically tears him apart - especially about the (lack of) journalistic integrity.

Claims that the Eagles' Carson Wentz is selfish might not be wrong, but they’re overblown | Marcus Hayes

I would love to see what Jimmy Kempski would make of the job Santoloquito has done with this piece.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what's even more comical than assuming the article is bullshit is assuming it's bullshit simply because a few eagles spoke up denying it. as if someone was going to blurt out "well, carson is kind of a selfish dick. i know i don't want him as our QB."

it would eventually take dire circumstances just for someone to have the balls to say "maybe we would have been better off with nick."
You're being a nicker.

No one assumed the article was false. We read the errors, we saw the holes. We applied a little logic and a little research to verify some of the claims made in the article and they were found to be false.

The authors own backpedaling hadn't even come into play yet. That he mischaracterized a bunch of Malcolm Jenkins tidbits wasn't known yet and the story still was fishy and unsubstantiated.

Now there's even more evidence than there was yesterday, but since you're low IQ you cling to the author's original fabrication. Sad.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at the heart, the actual facts were all known before this article, per statements of the coaching staff, other players and even Wentz himself.

Wentz has his issues, all of them well known by now and clearly visible ('hero-complex'), etc.

Basically, Santoloquito seems to have taken fairly well known, openly admitted or easily discernible issues with the team/Wentz, and put his own spin on it in order to create basically a hit piece.

Marcus Hayes basically tears him apart - especially about the (lack of) journalistic integrity.

Claims that the Eagles' Carson Wentz is selfish might not be wrong, but they’re overblown | Marcus Hayes

I would love to see what Jimmy Kempski would make of the job Santoloquito has done with this piece.

That’s a very solid write up. Overblown and sensationalized. Period. Moving on....