• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Maybe it is time to trade Wentz

Taddy Mason

Hoopla Cash
$ 24,579.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, at the heart, the actual facts were all known before this article, per statements of the coaching staff, other players and even Wentz himself.

Wentz has his issues, all of them well known by now and clearly visible ('hero-complex'), etc.

Basically, Santoloquito seems to have taken fairly well known, openly admitted or easily discernible issues with the team/Wentz, and put his own spin on it in order to create basically a hit piece.

Marcus Hayes basically tears him apart - especially about the (lack of) journalistic integrity.

Claims that the Eagles' Carson Wentz is selfish might not be wrong, but they’re overblown | Marcus Hayes

I would love to see what Jimmy Kempski would make of the job Santoloquito has done with this piece.
Nice try, but you're not going to get me to click on a Marcus Hayes article.

I miss Dawkins

Philadelphia Ducks
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people confuse arrogance with self driven perfectionism.

When Wentz was in rehab, he took 5 other vets and began a rehab workout program to keep everyone in shape. He said himself, he wanted to maintain his muscle memory for throwing form as well. that's leadership and work ethic.

Well, peters talked about how he saw Wentz frustrated that he didn't think everyone was working as hard as they could - so after wentz worked out with everyone else, he would work out on his own even more afterwards. Wentz is very driven to be a perfectionist. When he was drafted, it was widely thought he had perfect recall. He had to explain he does not, it just seems like that, because he studies so much until he has it memorized. This kid works - which is why he reminds me of Peyton Manning in this way.

It would be very easy for others to see this as arrogance. But the key difference is... true arrogance wants the recognition and wants everyone to look at them and how great they are. THIS IS NOT wentz character. And he proved that in the way he took a back seat during last years SB run and supported Foles and helped him.

I disagree 100% that this is a character issue of arrogance. Wentz Is a perfectionist and highly driven, and that can rub some others the wrong way that are not driven as hard (which few are).

old duke

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He is a stud, and will be the best ever in Philly. Will win at least 23 SB's!

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so.. fake or not? :pound:

seems pretty damn accurate right about now. especially when it comes to the coaching and play calling.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
wentz isn't a problem. it's just everyone else not named wentz.

downundermike

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another idiotic thread. Maybe when Nick Foles plays a full season when he begins as the starter we can re visit this. Until then, nothing to talk about.

Guy Incognito

Crack a window, will ya?
Hoopla Cash
$ 342.86
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How are there 2 WRs lower than Arcega?:eek:

Agholor and Hollis are overrated.
Quincy Enunwa hurt his neck Week 1 and had one catch for -4 yards in that game. I'm guessing he's one of the two worse than JJAW.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cincy is offering a 4th and a 7th.

Orlando Eagles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like they could still try to grab Robbie Anderson away. I’m never been as crazy about him as most....but he would be the right kind of receiver to help this offense.

Or maybe there is something going on for Chris Harris. I’m just starting to wane a bit as the defense issues are so much more than one decent 30+ CB can do. Unless we can get a deal.

And judging by the cost for Niners to get Sanders they aren’t having a fire sale in Denver.

_phiLLies_

shut up baby, i know it
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
these dudes forever have no answers to all the wentz problems.

1) wentz was 4-2 at north dakota state as a 5th year senior in 2015. after getting hurt, FRESHMAN easton stick went 8-0 in his place (does this sound familiar?) the eagles could have easily traded up to get stick this past draft in the 5th round. the chargers took him at #166. the eagles took thorson at #167 instead. gee, wonder why? NDSU has been dominating for years. they've only lost multiple times in a season twice since 2010. and wentz was able to do it in 6 games as a 5th year senior. system QB and still outplayed.

2) wentz was labeled a dangerous pick in the draft, a significantly higher risk than your typical #1-2 pick QB situations. yet homer fans keep trying to label him "elite".. even though he's in the process of his 3rd losing season out of 4.

3) anonymous sources keep throwing shade his way, multiple times. everything from the way he prepares, attacks, dismisses help, refuses to call certain plays, etc. serious negative action.

4) wentz had a similar offense and receivers in 2017, his one truly good season. now that same offense and same weapons aren't good enough 2 years later, in 2019? :noidea:

5) part of what made wentz so good in 2017 was his scrambling/running ability, which i said would immediately be gone as soon as he suffered that injury. and that's 100% fact.

6) wentz continues to miss the rare deep balls he throws, week after week. and we're now at the point of blaming receivers for getting space, but not full out diving for his poor throws. agholor was open against the jets deep down the sidelines, wentz threw it 5 yards out of bounds. hollins pushed off in the endzone against the vikings, wentz whizzed the throw high and wide instead of lofting it. agholor was open against the cowboys, wentz missed high and wide again. people are reduced to taking weird angles and claiming agholor (an average slot receiver) should have went full extension.. as if it was his fault he didn't see the poor throw. his throws wobble and flutter half the time, an issue so many brought up his rookie season.

7) lets keep making fun of nick foles being hurt. even though he started and finished all 3 of his seasons at arizona and has only been given a couple FULL chances to start in the NFL. and we'll ignore wentz has only managed two full seasons between college and the NFL.

we can keep going all day, but it just produces the same results. "derp" "fucking retard" "wentz da bestesttststst" meanwhile, the results wentz produces on the field can't be erased or altered.