• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: May 24-26 Rangers visit the Devil or Angels?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I keep saying..... we’ve only had a real ace for a half of a season this whole century ( cliff lee) and now that we actually have one, I don’t want to let him go.

I can take pence and Choo being traded, but if minor is traded there had better at least be a prospect in that deal that easily projects to be a solid major league player. I’d rather see minor extended until he’s 37 because I think he’s turned the corner and he’s not going back.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was the only reasonable option instead of DDJ
Hanging on to DDJ is wasting space. He has had more than enough time to develop if he ever will. Time to move on and hope he goes down when Wille is healed up.

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing to think about when trading minor. We keep hearing that our pitching prospects are coming along, but that they’re all at the lower levels. Nothing is imminent.

I just don't know that any of the guys in our minors will make the rotation in 2020 or 2021. They could make appearances, but IMO, there isn't anyone that you say, "Yeah, I like him being a #3 in 2021."

And if you have a couple guys that look interesting in the rotation for 2021, you'd like to have at least 2 or 3 guys who can provide certainty.

This year we went in with Minor (high expectations), Lynn (somewhat of a question mark), Miller/Smyly/Volq as unknowns. Volq was a failure. Miller is a failing option and Smyly is the #5 guy that you carry along, believing you at least have 4 options that are working.

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The other thing to think about when trading minor. We keep hearing that our pitching prospects are coming along, but that they’re all at the lower levels. Nothing is imminent.

I just don't know that any of the guys in our minors will make the rotation in 2020 or 2021. They could make appearances, but IMO, there isn't anyone that you say, "Yeah, I like him being a #3 in 2021."

And if you have a couple guys that look interesting in the rotation for 2021, you'd like to have at least 2 or 3 guys who can provide certainty.

This year we went in with Minor (high expectations), Lynn (somewhat of a question mark), Miller/Smyly/Volq as unknowns. Volq was a failure. Miller is a failing option and Smyly is the #5 guy that you carry along, believing you at least have 4 options that are working.
You are assuming Minor will sign a team friendly extension. The only thing we can be certain of is that he will be under control next year. Next year will probably not be a whole lot better than this year.

Unless this team turns into big spenders, we are not going to have a chance to go to a championship until those guys in the lower levels get here and do well.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a good chance that Hearn, Palumbo, Burke and Phillips will be here by sometime in 2020.

Then there is the possibility that whoever we get for Minor will be here in 2021 along with Crouse. Maybe Cody as well.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is a good chance that Hearn, Palumbo, Burke and Phillips will be here by sometime in 2020.

Then there is the possibility that whoever we get for Minor will be here in 2021 along with Crouse. Maybe Cody as well.

And cross your fingers.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And cross your fingers.
Yeah we need some better luck than we have had. There is strength in numbers though. I mentioned 7 guys and didn't mention guys like Hernandez, Mendez, Jurado and 2 or 3 more that are having good years in the lower levels.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like this lineup.

The big stink has no business hitting any higher than 7. He should be 8 in my opinion. The less at bats he gets the better.
Grumpy Cat is gonna get you.:pound:

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West coast games are terrible for working Ranger fans. Wealthy gents like Duane, Donaldson and myself have no problem with it. We do feel for you unfortunate working fellas. :L

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
West coast games are terrible for working Ranger fans. Wealthy gents like Duane, Donaldson and myself have no problem with it. We do feel for you unfortunate working fellas. :L

I like them. I’m a night person who stays up all night anyway.

I’ve already heard some ranger fans bitching that we play at night on Memorial Day. I don’t see the big deal. Enjoy the day eating barbecue and swim with your family, then watch the rangers when they leave.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like them. I’m a night person who stays up all night anyway.

I’ve already heard some ranger fans bitching that we play at night on Memorial Day. I don’t see the big deal. Enjoy the day eating barbecue and swim with your family, then watch the rangers when they leave.
Some would complain regardless. Memorial Day is all about those who gave all so we can play baseball night or day.

Duane1952

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Love how our announcers try to justify a .162 average.