• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Game Thread: May 24-26 Rangers visit the Devil or Angels?

Nightcrawler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He may not be ready to come back that early. If he is ready, then I think it will depend on how others are doing. EIther way, they should clear roster space for him by the trade deadline.

I’m having mixed feelings about Choo. This year we’re definitely getting the player everyone hoped for when he signed his massive contract. It only has this season and next season left. We should’ve traded him years ago, but I don’t see as much of a benefit to trading him now.

Pence will probably be the one cleared out to make room for calhoun. I’m thinking Choo, Santana, and forsythe will all be here August 1st.

Minor had better still be here unless some team offers us several top 100 prospects with one of them being a pitcher.

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m having mixed feelings about Choo. This year we’re definitely getting the player everyone hoped for when he signed his massive contract. It only has this season and next season left. We should’ve traded him years ago, but I don’t see as much of a benefit to trading him now.

Pence will probably be the one cleared out to make room for calhoun. I’m thinking Choo, Santana, and forsythe will all be here August 1st.

Minor had better still be here unless some team offers us several top 100 prospects with one of them being a pitcher.

I see Pence being traded to a team in contention at some point, Santana and Forsythe have tons of UTIL value and they could be here or they could be traded, I see Santana as the more likely to stick

I'm not opposed to trading anyone if the price is right (except Gallo), Yankees are a wild card when it comes to trades bc of all their injuries, depends on who gets healthy and who doesn't

saddles

Be Patient and Finish Right #TakeBackTX
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Your reason for wanting to keep Choo is my reason for optimism that some team will trade for him. The same can be said of Minor and Pence. I hope we can trade all three of them.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your reason for wanting to keep Choo is my reason for optimism that some team will trade for him. The same can be said of Minor and Pence. I hope we can trade all three of them.
I can see Choo being traded during the off-season with the Rangers throwing in bucks to facilitate the deal

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Can't see anyone wanting to give much for Choo due to age and injury history. Pence may not want to be traded since he is a home boy from arlington and he is reaching retirement age. Minor is a different story.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can't see anyone wanting to give much for Choo due to age and injury history. Pence may not want to be traded since he is a home boy from arlington and he is reaching retirement age. Minor is a different story.
Yet, Chop continues to show up in trade rumors every trade season.

I doubt Pence has a no trade clause, and he could come right back here in the offseason if he wants to be here.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet, Chop continues to show up in trade rumors every trade season.

I doubt Pence has a no trade clause, and he could come right back here in the offseason if he wants to be here.
Well how much has anyone offered because nothing has become of said rumors. If you think Pence could come back in the off season, does not sound he could get us much in a trade.

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On BR they are talking about the possibility of trading Pence to TB for Tobias Myers RHP and Minor to St Louis for Tyler O'Neill OF and Daniel Ponce de Leon RHP. Don't think that proposed trade for Minor would be enough

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On BR they are talking about the possibility of trading Pence to TB for Tobias Myers RHP and Minor to St Louis for Tyler O'Neill OF and Daniel Ponce de Leon RHP. Don't think that proposed trade for Minor would be enough
Agree about Minor

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah there's nothing about about that package that is sexy, if that's pitching prospect then they'll have to do better than O'Neill and if that's the position prospect they'll have to do better than Ponce de Leon

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

For Choo you take a flier on a couple young A guys that you can develop, you shouldn't aim for almost ML ready talent that's pretty well done developing, you hope to catch lightning in a bottle several years down the road, not people that are going to contribute anytime soon, its probably guys you don't even know bc they haven't physically or mentally developed an aptitude for the game

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah there's nothing about about that package that is sexy, if that's pitching prospect then they'll have to do better than O'Neill and if that's the position prospect they'll have to do better than Ponce de Leon
I agree totally

jta4437

Grumpy Cat
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well how much has anyone offered because nothing has become of said rumors. If you think Pence could come back in the off season, does not sound he could get us much in a trade.

You take anything you can get and hope you can develop them, its not going to be ML ready talent at all

scotsman1948

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For Choo you take a flier on a couple young A guys that you can develop, you shouldn't aim for almost ML ready talent that's pretty well done developing, you hope to catch lightning in a bottle several years down the road, not people that are going to contribute anytime soon, its probably guys you don't even know bc they haven't physically or mentally developed an aptitude for the game
I personally would be happy with a couple of young A guys for Choo

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, he won't get as much for Pence as someone under control for more years, but whatever we could get for him would help.

I think the Rangers have simply decided to hang onto Choo in the past. I hope Calhoun's emergence along with Santana's play will change their mind.

DT LUNA

Vietnam Veteran
Hoopla Cash
$ 950.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ordinarly yes but it depends if and how much we have to pitch in of his salary.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Granite is hitting .295 with 10 SB. He hit his first HR last night, a Grand Slam.

saddles

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ordinarly yes but it depends if and how much we have to pitch in of his salary.
Probably about half of next year's salary. We might get by with a little less than half of what is remaining for this year.

It could be, if we trade him to a small market team, that we could pick up even more of his contract and get a better rerurn.