• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martin Mayhew

K.J.Ester

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets face it. Levy is no star, but he is not so bad either. Personally I think he has been done an injustice by the Lions so far in his career. He was drafted (I believe) as an ILB but moved to the outside quite early. Then he was moved back inside as the starter and was starting to get better, until they brought Tullock in and moved him back outside again. The guy has not been given a truly fair chance to develop as either an ILB or OLB. What the Lions did was turn him into a top notch back-up who could play any LB position.

Back to Mayhew..... The guy has done well with trades. Until this year, that is ALL he has done well with. I cannot give any GM a lot of credit for hitting homeruns in the first round. Especially when they draft as early in the 1st as the Lions usually do. I am not going to argue over which players were good or bad after the first round. The fact is, if you take the first round picks away, Mayhews hit or miss record is way below what it should be. The Lions brought in Xanders and this year IMO was the best draft.

So Mayhew is good in trades and free agency. Below average at best and closer to sucks in the draft. So we look at the other area of his position nobody talks much about. Hiring and handling of coaches.

So far, in four years, Schwartz has yet to show me he can be a good coach. I have not seen him develop young players well. I have not seen him keep the team in line. I have not seen him do well in managing time or game plans and I have yet to see him make great adjustments and out coach his opponent. After the Lions had a super easy schedule, and caught the league by surprise with their big play ability, they had a 10 win season. The league took away the big play and Schwartz coached them to a measly 4 win season. Instead of showing this guy the door, Mayhew kept Schwartz and they fired low end coaches who did okay. IMO, Mayhew has done a horrible job of hiring and handling coaches.

I liked the draft this year. Not who I wanted but still, I see HUGE upside for the first time. But the Lions better add a lead blocker to save their running game because if they are not at 9 or 10 wins and a play off birth this year, Mayhew stays in the "sucks" category. And I say that because I do not believe they will have a strong consistent running game without a lead blocker.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They moved him outside because of Foote. When they drafted him they immediately talked about moving him outide.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
-- i wouldn't embarrass myself by saying I stood on the sidelines for 2 years before transferring to a MIAA school.
Why would that be embarrassing? If you were good enough to be on a division 1 football team, even as a walk on that makes you better than 96% of all players coming out of high school.
don't get bent out of shape "coach". not everyone is cut out to actually play football.
Not mad little guy, I don't need to make up fake stories at unnamed schools in unlisted years to prove my worth. I did play ball and was most likely better than you(the real you not the fake D-1 you).

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Come on guy...you brought it up...which d-1 school in what year. Were you a scholarship player? What position. Then what MIAA school did you go to? What year? Really dying to hear this!

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you were good enough to go D-1..you would most likely dominate in the MIAA. Right?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is where Mike D turns tail and runs. Crickets I say...crickets.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What coach recruited you?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And this is where Mike D turns tail and runs. Crickets I say...crickets.

Napoleon -- I don't sit on the computer all day long waiting to respond back to you. My wife's due date was the 7th, so she is ready to give birth at any time, so once she is home, I'm with her until she falls asleep.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can tell by the fact that you post at 11:17 and then again 5 minutes after I do first thing in the morning. Its ok fake guy. You've been called out. You know you didn't play D-1...and I would bet you didnt play at Olivet. So call me what you will...not a liar.

#TrustmeIamfake

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So what do guys think of the Bucs D this year?

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Did you change your name swarm, or did someone steal your avatar?

Microwahevo

Green St. Elite
Hoopla Pickems Staff
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,481.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the Bucs linebackers are gonna be crap again, but they're going to lead this defense into the promised land. ;)

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps they were the best against the run because they were the worst against the pass? As in teams threw the ball so effectively against them that they didn't even bother with the run?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just to bring this thread full-circle

qc818.jpg

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Perhaps they were the best against the run because they were the worst against the pass? As in teams threw the ball so effectively against them that they didn't even bother with the run?

They did have the 3rd fewest attempts against them. But if a team is good, it is smart to avoid it.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Nobody would believe me when I told them it was you. I think they woulda believe Tupac was still alive before you! So RondeBarber called it a career huh? Atleast they still have some corner that didn't play last year.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nobody would believe me when I told them it was you. I think they woulda believe Tupac was still alive before you! So RondeBarber called it a career huh? Atleast they still have some corner that didn't play last year.

Ya, I lived! Did you guys think I really died?