• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martin Mayhew

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you want to put up Tampa's stats against the pass -- you may want to look at TB's secondary. Just a stab in the dark though. Blaming Mason Foster for how pathetic TB's pass defense was, would be like blaming Stephen Tulloch for the Lions miserable pass defense.

So your point is linebackers don't have anything to do with pass coverage?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So your point is linebackers don't have anything to do with pass coverage?

Saying the LBs in TB are responsible for their pathetic pass defense would be like saying the CBs were responsible for their #1 rush defense.

The reason for TB struggling so mightily against the pass had to do with their CBs and Safety play, which is why they went out and trade for Revis, drafted Banks and signed Goldson.

How much would you like to wager that TB jumps WAY up the rankings now in pass defense, with essentially the same LBs as last year (at least Foster and David).

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys seriously arguing about the Bucs defense. wtf.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is slow football season.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't watch a lot of TB last year, but one of my good friends is a die hard TB fan and knows more about football than anyone on this board (myself included) was jonesing for them to take a MLB because Mason Foster wasn't cutting it.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Saying the LBs in TB are responsible for their pathetic pass defense would be like saying the CBs were responsible for their #1 rush defense.

If you would just use the link you would become a teeny tiny bit smarter...but sadly you won't.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you guys seriously arguing about the Bucs defense. wtf.

Swarm...while you were in hibernation there came along a guy named MikeD.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you would just use the link you would become a teeny tiny bit smarter...but sadly you won't.

if the LBs were the main problem with TBs passing defense. why is it they didn't draft a single LB and the only LB they signed in FA was a backup from NO? seems if the LBs were the problem -- they would be going out and fixing those problems.

instead -- they trade for Revis (CB), draft Banks in the 2nd round (CB) and sign Dashon Goldson (S) to pair with their other safety they drafted in the 1st round (Mark Barron).

Explain that one to me? Why get basically a whole new secondary, sans Barron, when the problem is the LBs?

themuzzer

Hoopla Cash
$ 400.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe the bucs have a Mayhew of their own? Just putting it out there.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is for you Mike D...and other guys who don't know that much about football.

Maybe I should change my name to Coach Mike and post a picture of myself coaching my nephews Pop Warner team. Would that raise my football intelligence to your level?

And if I did that -- could I list my interests as "kicking ass" WOW.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe I should change my name to Coach Mike and post a picture of myself coaching my nephews Pop Warner team. Would that raise my football intelligence to your level?

Sorry man, they don't let former male cheerleaders coach in Pop Warner.

And I am the JV coach this year.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TrustmeImtheonlyonewhoagreeswithme would be more appropriate for you...just sayin

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey they do need cheerleading coaches guy. Would you like an application?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry man, they don't let former male cheerleaders coach in Pop Warner.

And I am the JV coach this year.

seeing as you are about the same size as your Pop Warner players -- i'm guessing you fit the bill of, if you can't play, coach.

let me guess -- you tell all your players of your glory days when you finally got on the field your senior year of high school, you know, when they let you run out there and retrieve the kicking tee.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In agreement?

Not exactly. The '11 and '12 drafts were nowhere near as bad as you made them sound.

First off, the 2012 draft class has only made it one year in, too early to judge much, but things are looking good so far.

Riley Reiff: Slated to be starting left tackle this season. Starter.
Ryan Broyles: Came on strong last season before knee injury. Should be close to 100% again by November/December. Starter when healthy.
Bill Bentley: Starting CB before season-ending shoulder injury. Likely nickel back this season. Starter.
Ronnell Lewis: Complete non-factor last season. Must take dramatic step forward this season to keep his roster spot. Should see many more reps at DE this summer. Special teams.
Tahir Whitehead: Competing for starting OLB spot this summer. Back-up/Starter
Chris Greenwood: Competing for starting CB spot this summer. Back-up/Starter
Jonte Green: Surprised many last season when pressed in to service. Competing for starting CB spot this sumer. Back-up/Starter
Travis Lewis: Will compete for starting OLB spot this summer. Back-up

Like I said, too soon to tell, but the early returns look promising heading into camp this year.

As for the 2011 draft, that raises some red flags for sure, but it wasn't horrible, either. All of the arrests are bothersome for sure, and the fact that Titus Young was a second round pick kind of taints the whole thing.

Nick Fairley: Flashed dominant potential at times last season, slated to start next to Suh this year. Needs to stay healthy, but otherwise great pick. Starter.
Titus Young: Wow. Need I say more. Not on team.
Mikel Leshoure: Lost first year to blown Achilles, looked powerful but not explosive last season. Rebound year or career backup will be his story of 2013. Back-up.
Doug Hogue: No longer with Lions, still playing in Carolina.
Johnny Cultbreath: No long with Lions.

Basically 2 for 5 in 2011. The Culbreath pick was a throw away, but we could have landed a better player with the Hogue pick, imo. Fairley is a starter and Leshoure is a primary reserve at RB, but TY really screwed this draft up for us.

All in all I think you're over selling the bad picks in these drafts and ignoring the players we wound up with...

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
seeing as you are about the same size as your Pop Warner players -- i'm guessing you fit the bill of, if you can't play, coach.

let me guess -- you tell all your players of your glory days when you finally got on the field your senior year of high school, you know, when they let you run out there and retrieve the kicking tee.

LMAO fake Division 1 guy...Mike D went to what 2 schools? What year? How bout a pic(not off of google images). I bet you can't back it up.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LMAO fake Division 1 guy...Mike D went to what 2 schools? What year? How bout a pic(not off of google images). I bet you can't back it up.

don't get bent out of shape "coach". not everyone is cut out to actually play football.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

and if i was going to make up a story -- i wouldn't embarrass myself by saying I stood on the sidelines for 2 years before transferring to a MIAA school.