• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Martin Mayhew

Cleaves2000

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah i remember when shawnberry popped up, i agreed with alot of his posts, and enjoyed his lions opinions...funny cuz back in the day i hardly agreed with swarm.....i like the NEW rob base myself.

VulturesRule

Nothing To See Here
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
WOW - that is absolutely amazing. I know feel like crap, as I just renewed my license a month or so ago and they asked me if I wanted to be an organ donor and I said no. After hearing your story -- I think I will be going back to the secretary of state and getting that changed to yes.

Thank you for sharing.

I work for LifeSource in Minnesota. LifeSource coordinates organ and tissue transplants in MN, ND, SD and a small portion of WI.

You may not need to go back to the secretary of state or license bureau to register to be an organ and/or tissue donor.

Register Now | donatelife.net

The link is to the national organization that helps individuals learn how to register to be a donor by the state you reside in. Many states keep an electronic registry, so you can update your desire to be a donor online. It's also helpful that your family knows your wishes to be considered as a donor.

If anyone has additional questions, let me know. I will try to get you to the information that you want to know about.

Last edited by a moderator:

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not going to lose a wink of sleep if you believe me or you don't. I couldn't care less. I do know -- if I was going to make up a story -- I would have been a hell of a lot better than a guy standing on the sidelines for 2 years and then transferring to a MIAA school.
That is what's so pathetic about it. Even your lies are lame.

I realize you got the short end of the stick (no pun intended) in the height department, but you don't have to take it out on me. Use that aggression to motivate those Pop Warner players -- just don't get too aggressive with the kids bigger than you or they may knock you on your ass.

First lies now insults...I guess that's what you do when you've got nothing else! It's so easy to lie and insult from behind a keyboard isn't little guy?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
First lies now insults...I guess that's what you do when you've got nothing else! It's so easy to lie and insult from behind a keyboard isn't little guy?

How soon one forgets when they were the one who started chiming in with the comments and insults when I was having a conversation with Kreton.

I just returned the favor -- which isn't too difficult when a guy the size of a 10 year old lists his interest in his online profile as "kicking ass".

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain to me how DeAndre Levy is above average. What part of Levy's game do you consider above average? I'd have a hard time calling any part of Levy's game above average, let alone, saying he is above average as a whole.

In no way am I saying Mason Foster is anything special, but one thing Foster did from year 1 to year 2 was cut down significantly on missed tackles. Foster struggled with missed tackles his rookie year with 10. Levy AVERAGED 12 missed tackles his 1st 3 years in the league (only 2 LBs missed more tackles and it was 1 more than Levy had).

As you can tell -- DeAndre Levy is one of my least favorite players on the Lions defense. I would have liked to see the Lions get rid of both Levy and Durant, but as we all agreed on -- every starter isn't going to be an impact player and Levy fills the role of a cheap starting LB.
You excited to watch Levy in his return MikeD?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Please explain to me how DeAndre Levy is above average. What part of Levy's game do you consider above average? I'd have a hard time calling any part of Levy's game above average, let alone, saying he is above average as a whole.

As you can tell -- DeAndre Levy is one of my least favorite players on the Lions defense. I would have liked to see the Lions get rid of Levy. Levy fills the role of a cheap starting LB.

:pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound::pound:

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@TrustMeIamRight let me guess, you were just trolling your future self with these Levy sucks comments?
That is what's so pathetic about it. Even your lies are lame.

So was @TrustMeIamRight just trolling @Coach_Ed_LPW here or does he really hate Levy?

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You excited to watch Levy in his return MikeD?

Talk about old news -- I put up a post eating crow and admitting I was dead wrong on Levy a long time ago. I couldn't stand Levy his first few years in Detroit. He missed tackles by the boat load and he couldn't cover anybody.

He is the one player on the Lions that tells me a player actually can develop on this team, as he went from mediocre to one of the best 4-3 OLB in the NFL.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So was @TrustMeIamRight just trolling @Coach_Ed_LPW here or does he really hate Levy?

No -- you are the only one I trolled -- you friends can vouche for that -- I sent them messages a little while ago letting them know.

I did hate Levy. In his first two years -- he led the NFL in missed tackles and he struggled trying to cover anybody. He is a completely different player from those days though. The missed tackles are gone and now he is one of the best cover LB'ers in the NFL.

My screen name may be TrustmeIamright, but I have no problem admitting when I'm wrong and I did already, in regards to Levy.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No -- you are the only one I trolled -- you friends can vouche for that -- I sent them messages a little while ago letting them know.

You trolled me by acting like Suh isn't awesome? Or did you troll me by acting like you really think Levy is the heart of this defense, when the truth is you're caught calling him a piece of shit? But now you're wrong, he's not? So which is it?

I didn't troll anyone. Lions suck. Ngata sucks. I told you. 9 wins, Mike? HA! I feel dumb giving them 6.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You trolled me by acting like Suh isn't awesome? Or did you troll me by acting like you really think Levy is the heart of this defense, when the truth is you're caught calling him a piece of shit? But now you're wrong, he's not? So which is it?

I didn't troll anyone. Lions suck. Ngata sucks. I told you. 9 wins, Mike? HA! I feel dumb giving them 6.

My thoughts on Suh are exactly what I said. He is one of the top DT's. NO DT in the NFL deserves to be paid like Suh is right now and Miami's defense is the perfect example why. Unless you have disciplined DE's and playmakers at LB -- adding a top DT isn't going to change much of anything.

You can continue to try and spin it how you'd like -- I'm not going to waste my time going back two or three years to look up old threads, as I have better things to do with my time. I absolutely ate crow in regards to Levy. I called out the Lions as soon as they signed him to an extension and said it was a mistake.

The Levy from 2012 and before is completely different than the Levy from the last two years. It isn't as if it is a secret. I didn't see his development before signing him to the extension and I was wrong.

You see -- it isn't difficult to say you are wrong about something. You should try it out. How's Suh working out for Miami and their top 12 defense from last year?

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My thoughts on Suh are exactly what I said. He is one of the top DT's. NO DT in the NFL deserves to be paid like Suh is right now and Miami's defense is the perfect example why. Unless you have disciplined DE's and playmakers at LB -- adding a top DT isn't going to change anything.

Long season. Watch and see. Miami was trying to make Suh fit their D instead of letting Suh dictate the D. All that changed now.

Winning is priceless. Everyone in the Lions organization is going to lose their jobs at the end of the year. Their kids will wonder where daddy's next paycheck will come from. That's reality. Don't tell me the Lions are better off without Suh when they're all about to be unemployed.

jayfan

{firestan}
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In Mike's defense, his post was prior to the 2013 season. And prior to the 2013 season, Levy hadn't shown a whole lot.

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't tell me the Lions are better off without Suh when they're all about to be unemployed.

Right now -- Absolutely not. In the future -- absolutely they are better off. Suh cannot and will not ever earn the contract he signed with his play on the field. Will he earn it with jersey sales, etc.? Who knows?

There is a reason why you didn't see teams lining up outside the Lions headquarters to get after Suh. Successful franchises aren't going to spend QB money, elite DE money, shutdown CB money on a DT -- you just can't do it. I'd wager every single team inquired about Suh when he hit the market -- their interest lasted one phone call after they heard how much he wanted.

If Detroit gives Suh 19 million -- Ansah would be gone when his contract is up or Slay would be gone and Detroit would be back to fishing in the draft and hoping to hit. If Detroit doesn't re-sign Ansah and Slay. Then I will have an issue with not paying Suh.

They made him what I felt was still a ridiculous offer of 17 million -- Suh was going to the highest bidder and he did. I said Miami was still going to be terrible against the run, because they don't have the personnel to be a top run defense. After giving Suh that contract -- it is going to be much tougher for them to fill the holes they have.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Talk about old news -- I put up a post eating crow and admitting I was dead wrong on Levy a long time ago. I couldn't stand Levy his first few years in Detroit. He missed tackles by the boat load and he couldn't cover anybody.

He is the one player on the Lions that tells me a player actually can develop on this team, as he went from mediocre to one of the best 4-3 OLB in the NFL.
But are you excited, damnit?