• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Series Thread: Mariners Vs. Angels; July 3rd - 5th

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
8th straight and kept pace at a half game back.

Keep waiting for the inevitable slump/cooling off and they keep extending it.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another nice W for the M's. I'm almost afraid to say it, but I'm thinking this team just might be looking at some post season play. What a shock that would be after all these years of "shit" play knowing post season just ain't in the cards. This season is different. Love how Diaz closes all these close games we've been having. The team just seems different this season- there's a spirit on this team and they really do want to win. I'm just gonna enjoy it while we have it.:yes:

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If getting pummeled by the Yankees and Redsox resulted in winning 8 in a row after I’ll take it. This team is playing amazing baseball right now.

In the end, as long as they keep a nice cushion they can overcome future slumps.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm probably the only one this board who really doesn't give a rip whether Cano returns or not. He can't play post season and the guys have jelled together just fine without him. All he would do is mess up the mix IMO.

It's a lose lose IMO. If you play him and he stinks he could potentially hurt what the M's have going and if you play him and he does good, then you have a big hole in your lineup come playoff time. I'd trade him. You'll get pennies on the dollar, but dump that contract before it becomes a black hole.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still have nightmares over that...lol.

The Varitek part of that trade I was fine with, the Derek Lowe part is what I thought was idiotic. Trading a high draft pick who has no role on the big club is fine, but trading your top pitching prospect and your top catching prospect was idiotic. Woody built the should have been dynasty but also made the two trades that ruined it, that deal then Cruz to Toronto for those scrub relievers.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a lose lose IMO. If you play him and he stinks he could potentially hurt what the M's have going and if you play him and he does good, then you have a big hole in your lineup come playoff time. I'd trade him. You'll get pennies on the dollar, but dump that contract before it becomes a black hole.

Cano is untradable. Just hopefully he comes back humble and his friendship with Cruz and Felix let's him be drama free as a 1B and DH backup. He can play 1B and either spell Healy or let Healy spell Seager and spell Cruz at DH. The bigger issue with Cano is where to go with him this offseason. Do they resign Cruz or let him DH? Do they deal Healy and have him play 1B or do they have Gordon play CF even though Gordon is ten times the fielder Cano is at 2B? This offseason will be interesting because Cano is a domino and the team has been better without him.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Varitek part of that trade I was fine with, the Derek Lowe part is what I thought was idiotic. Trading a high draft pick who has no role on the big club is fine, but trading your top pitching prospect and your top catching prospect was idiotic. Woody built the should have been dynasty but also made the two trades that ruined it, that deal then Cruz to Toronto for those scrub relievers.

Varitek was a true leader and I think that was missed as much as his game. Yes we had Wilson, but never an issue having too much of a good thing. Lowe was just salt in the wound.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cano is untradable. Just hopefully he comes back humble and his friendship with Cruz and Felix let's him be drama free as a 1B and DH backup. He can play 1B and either spell Healy or let Healy spell Seager and spell Cruz at DH. The bigger issue with Cano is where to go with him this offseason. Do they resign Cruz or let him DH? Do they deal Healy and have him play 1B or do they have Gordon play CF even though Gordon is ten times the fielder Cano is at 2B? This offseason will be interesting because Cano is a domino and the team has been better without him.
It just pisses me off that we have to deal with the Cano issue. I like where the team is right now and I wish Cano would have been suspended for the entire 2018 season. Having to "fit" him into what we have going now is going to be just a pain for someone who has worked their ass off only to be pushed around because Cano has to be worked into the mix. Sell him to the highest bidder and eat the difference. :gaah:

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's really got them stuck in the middle. Rotation is doing great but is a guaranteed out. I like the guy just drives me mad.

At least Scotty has him in the 9-hole unlike Seager in the 5th over the last couple of months. Zunino has a lot of value behind the plate just as Kyle does at third, but those type of guys need to be properly placed in the lineup. Zunino is and Seager has not been; although he may be warming up a bit right on par with his career.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least Scotty has him in the 9-hole unlike Seager in the 5th over the last couple of months. Zunino has a lot of value behind the plate just as Kyle does at third, but those type of guys need to be properly placed in the lineup. Zunino is and Seager has not been; although he may be warming up a bit right on par with his career.

I've been on record saying Seager needs to be dropped to 6th or 7th in the line up, cause too many guys are being left on base when he k's or groundouts. :gaah: We're at a point where the FO really needs to due their homework and need to start stacking talent at those positions in the minors.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Happy 4th of July to everyone :yes:

M's are on a "hot" roll right now so keep it going. Herrmann in for Z behind the plate. Hope his defense is good and we see some production on the O side from him. Leake with a good start in the first. Go M's and add on to the win streak :thumb:

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels were tbd on the starter yesterday. Not thrilled to see it's Garret Richards. Dude can be filthy. Hope we can get to him and Leake is on his game

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Herrmann missed a 3rd strike foul to him, made an error on Ohtani with interference and Ohtani rounds the bases on a hit and scores. Shouldn't have happened.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Back to Back! Love punishing mistakes

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Angels should know better than to mess with the M's :yes:
When we get pissed off....they pay the price.

Duders

IDK - IDC - IDGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Intentional pass to trout is showing Servais is starting to catch on maybe?....or someone else suggested it to him. Either way, it's an improvement over past blunders.