• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forget the playoffs, can the Mariners finish above .500?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has to want to sell.
They don’t have to sell, they just need to agree to bring someone into their ownership group. Griffey was given a token spot even though he doesn’t remotely have the money to be a minority partner. A billionaire could buy into it to offset any “money lost”. You don’t have to be the biggest voice in the room as long as you can offset the risk. Which is the problem with the ownership group. They are billionaires because they combine their money, not because they actually are billionaires.

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t have to sell, they just need to agree to bring someone into their ownership group. Griffey was given a token spot even though he doesn’t remotely have the money to be a minority partner. A billionaire could buy into it to offset any “money lost”. You don’t have to be the biggest voice in the room as long as you can offset the risk. Which is the problem with the ownership group. They are billionaires because they combine their money, not because they actually are billionaires.
No somebody would have to sell their shares in order to bring in a big fish and no big fish wants to be a minority owner amongst a group of lower level owners. They aren't bread that way. That want final say as the big dog so as I understand it Stanton has the majority share so either he would have to sell or a lot of minority owners will have to sell to make the new owner the majority owner. But we don't know if Stanton owns 51%, then it wouldn't matter what minor share holders sold to new owner, or if he owns highest stake of the 17 owners allowing the others to out vote him if they combine their votes.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No somebody would have to sell their shares in order to bring in a big fish and no big fish wants to be a minority owner amongst a group of lower level owners. They aren't bread that way. That want final say as the big dog so as I understand it Stanton has the majority share so either he would have to sell or a lot of minority owners will have to sell to make the new owner the majority owner. But we don't know if Stanton owns 51%, then it wouldn't matter what minor share holders sold to new owner, or if he owns highest stake of the 17 owners allowing the others to out vote him if they combine their votes.
A big fish wouldn’t be the minority owner. That entire ownership group would love if someone came in and became 51% owner so they can make money with no risk. From my understanding Stanton isn’t the biggest share holder, he is just the one that offered to be the face. Which makes sense why he doesn’t do interviews. The team is “worth” 3 billion or so, have a Jeff Bezo’s buy a billion into the team and regardless of any move the other schmucks in the group make money.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No way these clowns are finishing the season over the .500 mark, not at this rate.

Worst part is that we're likely stuck with Jerry and Scott for life, because if they were to be removed, who knows who we would end up getting?

Stuff 'em, let them waste their way down to the divisional basement. Performance means SQUAT as long as they profit, after all.

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mel Brooks Slapstick GIF by IFC

seattlefan75

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What I fear from this happening now 2 seasons in a row I think we can start to see our pitching staff opting to free agency. The look on Logan Gilberts face said a lot and we may need to trade him at some point in his arbitration years because I believe he already turned own long term extensions and its feeling like he is going to leave us in free agency.

Also somewhat on this topic on my mount Rushmore of Mariner players personally I would put Felix Hernandez on there because he was going through this very same problem and he signed the extension and stayed with us basically all his career.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a guy like John Middleton who bought into the Phillies, became majority owner, spends money to try and win and has final say. This what the Mariners franchise desperately needs.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Need a guy like John Middleton who bought into the Phillies, became majority owner, spends money to try and win and has final say. This what the Mariners franchise desperately needs.
Think it would upset some but I think ARod should buy into it. He keeps trying to buy teams

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 13,005.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the current owners want to sell the team? They are making great money on it.

You guys can create whatever dream team new ownership group, but the team isn't going to be for sale anytime soon.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would the current owners want to sell the team? They are making great money on it.

You guys can create whatever dream team new ownership group, but the team isn't going to be for sale anytime soon.
They don’t have to sell, but they can make more money if they bring in another big fish into the ownership group. If say ARod and his group bought into the group I’m sure they’d give him minority stake for $100-300 million.

Only reason I think that is viable is because they need another revenue stream cause it seems RootSports has one year left then will go bankrupt.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Think it would upset some but I think ARod should buy into it. He keeps trying to buy teams
I'd be fine with that if his group took over 51% of the team and be the majority owners. Sadly that won't happen and we'll be stuck with these clowns for years.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be fine with that if his group took over 51% of the team and be the majority owners. Sadly that won't happen and we'll be stuck with these clowns for years.
Was just a thought cause he has tried desperately to buy any pro sports team he can. He said a few years back he wants to be forgiven by the city….well there is his chance.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just a thought cause he has tried desperately to buy any pro sports team he can. He said a few years back he wants to be forgiven by the city….well there is his chance.
There's a chance but same people are still calling the shots. Even if ARod had suggestions that would cost money, not sure Stanton and company would listen

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's a chance but same people are still calling the shots. Even if ARod had suggestions that would cost money, not sure Stanton and company would listen
Fair enough but the group could just spend ARod’s money not theirs.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t they have to just make more available? At work we have a stock option and I’m pretty sure no one sold to us.

I’ve heard that Chris Larson dude owns the most of the group. And why I do think there is a disconnect because Stanton is the face of the organization but doesn’t actually have the control. I know people get pissed that he doesn’t really do interviews and I think it is smart cause he can’t really make a definitive statement on a question

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wouldn’t they have to just make more available? At work we have a stock option and I’m pretty sure no one sold to us.
Isn't that if it is a public traded stock? I have absolutely no clue about that but I have never heard that for the Mariners selling stock shares. Where is @seahawksfan234 at when you need this info?
I’ve heard that Chris Larson dude owns the most of the group. And why I do think there is a disconnect because Stanton is the face of the organization but doesn’t actually have the control. I know people get pissed that he doesn’t really do interviews and I think it is smart cause he can’t really make a definitive statement on a question
I know Larson has been around forever. but never heard he has the biggest portion. It has always been said it is Stanton.

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Astros are gonna finish at 54% and win the division. Then meme the shit out of Dipoto.