• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forget the playoffs, can the Mariners finish above .500?

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know Larson has been around forever. but never heard he has the biggest portion. It has always been said it is Stanton.
Not totally sure that it is a fact but local radio hosts have said it. And now when they usually would say Stanton, it is ownership or Stanton and Larson. I’d honestly never heard of him until this past offseason. And I think it is really dumb to have a huge ownership group and put Stanton out there as though he has the final decision. The buck has to stop with one owner, not a group.

Either way the group is dumb. Professional sports isn’t suppose to be run as a for profit business, especially when have the stadium was funded by the public and all of the upgrades are funded by the public. I have zero issue with them making money, but it’s ridiculous the profit vs investment in the team they have

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not totally sure that it is a fact but local radio hosts have said it. And now when they usually would say Stanton, it is ownership or Stanton and Larson. I’d honestly never heard of him until this past offseason. And I think it is really dumb to have a huge ownership group and put Stanton out there as though he has the final decision. The buck has to stop with one owner, not a group.

Either way the group is dumb. Professional sports isn’t suppose to be run as a for profit business, especially when have the stadium was funded by the public and all of the upgrades are funded by the public. I have zero issue with them making money, but it’s ridiculous the profit vs investment in the team they have
Ya I am far from being an expert on their ownership setup. I wish I knew the exact numbers on who owns what so we can blame those responsible. I have always hear Stanton. Larson has been a minority owner from way back. An ex Microsoft exec I believe. He always stays out of the press.

AceKeptic

Free Agent from Elsewhere
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Football, shmootball, I'm more interested in how the Kraken will do with their new coach.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I am far from being an expert on their ownership setup. I wish I knew the exact numbers on who owns what so we can blame those responsible. I have always hear Stanton. Larson has been a minority owner from way back. An ex Microsoft exec I believe. He always stays out of the press.
Not 100% sure but it seems the M’s got the scarps of Microsoft, Nintendo and number 2 of TMobile. We can’t luck out and get the 2nd bananas from Amazon.

Gosh dang it I will never understand why rich white dudes love basketball so much instead of baseball. We have had Paul Allen, Ballmer, Gates, Schultz and Bezo’s who have all made billions in Seattle plus that Hansen dude who tried spending 3 billion on bringing the Sonics back. The Seattle metro area has had at least 10 billionaires who have either grown up here or made their money here…..please pay us back.

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sell the team or fold them. It's so disrespectful to treat your loyal fanbase like this, we don't deserve this.
I don't care who the owners are but I know they are a bunch of cucks who don't really give a crap about winning. If you take a step back and look at this team this is painfully obvious.

The Seattle Mariners baseball team is just a scam. A long con to screw gullible fans out of their hard earned money for decades. And the scam is working perfectly. The fans eat it up because gotta love these guys right!

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

larson.jpeg

larson2.jpeg

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 39,773.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not 100% sure but it seems the M’s got the scarps of Microsoft, Nintendo and number 2 of TMobile. We can’t luck out and get the 2nd bananas from Amazon.

Gosh dang it I will never understand why rich white dudes love basketball so much instead of baseball. We have had Paul Allen, Ballmer, Gates, Schultz and Bezo’s who have all made billions in Seattle plus that Hansen dude who tried spending 3 billion on bringing the Sonics back. The Seattle metro area has had at least 10 billionaires who have either grown up here or made their money here…..please pay us back.
I think Bezo's would if the M's popped up for sale.

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Isn't that if it is a public traded stock? I have absolutely no clue about that but I have never heard that for the Mariners selling stock shares. Where is @seahawksfan234 at when you need this info?

I know Larson has been around forever. but never heard he has the biggest portion. It has always been said it is Stanton.
I didn't read the entire conversation so this might be a bit out of context. It's kinda complicated but as a privately held entity they don't have to issue any stock. "Stock" is essentially an equity stake in a company. As a privately held entity, I don't believe they are required to disclose to the public how much "stock" - or equity - any one individual holds. It's generally accepted amongst most business owners that the individual who has the biggest equity stake is the "owner." Although technically, anyone who has an equity stake in a company can claim they are "an owner" because they own a stake in the companies value. It's mostly semantics.

Although I will say this is way, way, above my pay grade. I only deal with individuals/businesses between $1m-$10m. I have absolutely no idea how a professional franchise would be structured. These are just my best guesses.

ulmax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They don’t have to sell, they just need to agree to bring someone into their ownership group. Griffey was given a token spot even though he doesn’t remotely have the money to be a minority partner. A billionaire could buy into it to offset any “money lost”. You don’t have to be the biggest voice in the room as long as you can offset the risk. Which is the problem with the ownership group. They are billionaires because they combine their money, not because they actually are billionaires.

the..CEO..of.micro.soft..invested..
most..recently..
so.the.owners..are.under..
a.bit..more.presure.....
but...
levone..(.elton.john.)
likes..his money..

Seattle .is .in a good..spot..
so..

Dan..Wilson..actually..
has .them ..rolling..
so.no.matter..
what...it seems .next year..
will..be better ..

Im. looking..forward..to..
a 2b..compation..
in spring.

terrin.vavra..from.baltimore
bliss .
leo.rivas..

and.anyone.else..that they.
can find in the offseason...

Cole young..
and
rodden.
prob added.to the compatition..
Micheal .arroyo..
as well..

Last edited:

NWinAZ

#SeaUsTreadWater
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't read the entire conversation so this might be a bit out of context. It's kinda complicated but as a privately held entity they don't have to issue any stock. "Stock" is essentially an equity stake in a company. As a privately held entity, I don't believe they are required to disclose to the public how much "stock" - or equity - any one individual holds. It's generally accepted amongst most business owners that the individual who has the biggest equity stake is the "owner." Although technically, anyone who has an equity stake in a company can claim they are "an owner" because they own a stake in the companies value. It's mostly semantics.

Although I will say this is way, way, above my pay grade. I only deal with individuals/businesses between $1m-$10m. I have absolutely no idea how a professional franchise would be structured. These are just my best guesses.
You know waaaaaaay more on this than I do. I appreciate your insight on it every time you talk about it. :suds:

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So ARod could buy into then right? I can’t remember the specifics on how Griffey became a minority owner. I was just floating it out there since ARod is desperately trying to own a team, that he could buy into a minority role

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ARod could buy into then right? I can’t remember the specifics on how Griffey became a minority owner. I was just floating it out there since ARod is desperately trying to own a team, that he could buy into a minority role
What a story if ARod bought a stake in the Mariners and somehow became the savior of the franchise lmao

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What a story if ARod bought a stake in the Mariners and somehow became the savior of the franchise lmao
That what exactly what I was thinking. I think was last year that he went on 710 and said he hopes the city can forgive him, well I think that is about the only way he could win any fans back

Msfann

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffey got like 1/2 of 1%

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Griffey got like 1/2 of 1%
Sure but I don’t recall the exact specifics of that. Did he actually buy in, does he have voting rights, that type of stuff, not implying ARod would spend $300 million and have the same stake Junior does

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Julio, brilliant man, just brilliant .. With the game on the line you get picked off at 3rd base on a swinging strikeout BY the catcher ? Thats some rookie shit right there and you’re not a rookie …