• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Forget the playoffs, can the Mariners finish above .500?

seahawksfan234

Radical Moderate
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So ARod could buy into then right? I can’t remember the specifics on how Griffey became a minority owner. I was just floating it out there since ARod is desperately trying to own a team, that he could buy into a minority role
It's very complicated. I don't know how the ownership is structured. Stanton could own a majority stake that could be as low as 11%. Nobody knows because these things don't have to be publicly disclosed. If Alex Rodriguez wanted to get an equity stake in the franchise, he would have to be invited. That's unlikely as it would dilute the value of the other individuals/entities that have invested in "ownership" of the franchise.

I guess the short version is that when Griffey became a minority owner, we don't know the full extent of his stake in the franchise. He could've been invited to invest $1,000, which would make him a minority owner. It was probably a PR move.

An even shorter version is that if A-Rod wanted to invest in the franchise, he would either have to be invited to take an equity stake or purchase the equity stake of an existing owner looking to liquidate their ownership in the franchise.

As I said before this is all way above my pay grade. I have zero idea how the Mariners ownership is structured. There are so many variables at play. I can definitively say though, that ARod would only be able to buy in if he purchased the stake of someone else. How that works, I have no idea.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's very complicated. I don't know how the ownership is structured. Stanton could own a majority stake that could be as low as 11%. Nobody knows because these things don't have to be publicly disclosed. If Alex Rodriguez wanted to get an equity stake in the franchise, he would have to be invited. That's unlikely as it would dilute the value of the other individuals/entities that have invested in "ownership" of the franchise.

I guess the short version is that when Griffey became a minority owner, we don't know the full extent of his stake in the franchise. He could've been invited to invest $1,000, which would make him a minority owner. It was probably a PR move.

An even shorter version is that if A-Rod wanted to invest in the franchise, he would either have to be invited to take an equity stake or purchase the equity stake of an existing owner looking to liquidate their ownership in the franchise.

As I said before this is all way above my pay grade. I have zero idea how the Mariners ownership is structured. There are so many variables at play. I can definitively say though, that ARod would only be able to buy in if he purchased the stake of someone else. How that works, I have no idea.
I have no idea either. I know the minority part of the ownership pay a billion or whatever it was to become the majority owners. I guess just to me it seems like ARod could plop his $300 million on the table and get some stake in the team. Like you said we have no idea how it is structured but just seems like easy money for the other owners to take his money when (according to Divish) Chris Larson has the most shares or whatever of the team