• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mangini

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Has anyone heard a peep about Eric Mangini since he was hired as offensive consultant?

Is he even still with the 49ers?

supreme_clientele81

Supreme Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Has anyone heard a peep about Eric Mangini since he was hired as offensive consultant?

Is he even still with the 49ers?

He is still here. Let me ask you a question have you heard a peep about any Offensive consultants for any team? Magini job is to make us less predictable. So he will help Roman make in game adjustments as well as have input on Offensive game plans. He is not involved with the Defense currently as Lord Fangio rules the Defense with an iron fist

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I think Roman is gone next year. I think Mangini's presence will help ensure that the transition of OC's is smoother next year.

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Unfortunately, I think Roman is gone next year. I think Mangini's presence will help ensure that the transition of OC's is smoother next year.

I doubt it. He's not an Offensive Coordinator. I would assume Geep would be in line for that job.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt it. He's not an Offensive Coordinator. I would assume Geep would be in line for that job.

Oops, you may be right about that. Just looked up more on Mangini. For some reason I thought he had more experience in an OC kind of role.

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is still here. Let me ask you a question have you heard a peep about any Offensive consultants for any team? Magini job is to make us less predictable. So he will help Roman make in game adjustments as well as have input on Offensive game plans. He is not involved with the Defense currently as Lord Fangio rules the Defense with an iron fist

I don't even recall any commentators mentionong him during the televised games. Usually you'll get some kind commetary, especially with someone as high profile as Mangini...

Its not a big deal, just wanted to know if anyone else had heard anything or seen anything written about Mangini. I was just interested to know how he was doing with the team...

numone9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oops, you may be right about that. Just looked up more on Mangini. For some reason I thought he had more experience in an OC kind of role.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his role is to provide a defensive mind set to our offensive game plans.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe his role is to provide a defensive mind set to our offensive game plans.

That's how I understood it. Maybe I'm wrong here, but I haven't heard of such "consultants" much before. So I thought it was serving that purpose for now, but was intended for another purpose later on, like when Roman leaves.