• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lynch holding out of training camp

Cloud

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thoughts? Told Robinson and babs that he's holding out. Maybe even ponder retirement.

cezero

Goldmember
Hoopla Cash
$ 835.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
please just let this end

Banned 10x

aka Raindrop
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say call his bluff...

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting $5 million this year. How much more does he want?? With a very capable Christine Michael waiting in the wings, Lynch is absolutely insane to hold out for more... and the 'Hawks would be insane to give in.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting close to 30 years old.....Can't blame him for wanting a new contract

He is one of the best backs in the league

WizardHawk

Release the Kraken - Fuck the Canucks
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be surprised if he returns before the first preseason game.

Wonder if Sidney retiring frees up any more money for this season that might give them some wiggle room to do at least something smaller for him.

Mariners_44

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Next year he is due $9 million, and most likely becomes a cap casualty. He then would be forced to a somewhat minimal deal due to his age or he can retire. I would like to see him end his a career with the Hawks, but there are financial obligations that go beyond Lynch next year. I say guarantee him no more than $4 million for next year, and then its on him to move on after that because Michael is waiting in the wings.

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He always does this. He always shows up in perfect shape. He always delivers once games start playing.

That's just how BeastMode rolls. But expect the biased asswipes in the media who only seek to report negative stories about this team to take this story to hysteria levels of coverage till the season starts. Meanwhile they'll be lining up to gargle the sacks of Manning, Brady, and any player located on a team east of the Rockies. The usual.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't mind if the Seahawks give him a extra million or 2or 3 for this year. I just don't want anything that would affect anything beyond this season.
If he holds out this preseason, fine we need to see what the young guys bring to the party any way.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hawks would be well served to flip his current deal around and give him the 9m this year and this years amount next season. Lynch gets more money now and a better chance of making the team next year with a lower overhead.

DunceKaep

Trolling 45, it's EASY.
Hoopla Cash
$ 663.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The hawks would be well served to flip his current deal around and give him the 9m this year and this years amount next season. Lynch gets more money now and a better chance of making the team next year with a lower overhead.

I believe what you just stated to be truth.
I think the Hawks will do it if it fits the CAP.

Let the CAP experts work on this and make it Win-Win:suds:

RegentDenali

LOL at 42-13, 29-3, 19-3
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,798.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can you just flip years like that? :noidea:

Rice was due 1.4 mil this year so I believe if it clears some or all of that off the books, we opened up some wiggle room, but I still don't think we can throw 9 mil at Lynch this year.

He's not going to be the only RB option this year. Michaels is chomping at the bit.

Logicallylethal

Hoopla Cash
$ 933.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I won't mind if the Seahawks give him a extra million or 2or 3 for this year. I just don't want anything that would affect anything beyond this season.
If he holds out this preseason, fine we need to see what the young guys bring to the party any way.

I'm with Harold on this. I'm all for rewarding Marshawn some extra money this year as a pat on the back for everything he has done for us.

But I definitely don''t want anything affecting our cap moving forward, because that's when we have some important pieces to resign.

Destroydacre

Throws stuff out windows
Hoopla Cash
$ 90.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the Seahawks giving Lynch more money this season. He's earned it and the Seahawks have to cap space to do it. To me this is a non issue. This will be sorted out well before the season gets underway. If they can find a way to give him more money this year and drop his cap hit next year and keep him around for another 2 seasons, that would be a true coup.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's getting $5 million this year. How much more does he want?? With a very capable Christine Michael waiting in the wings, Lynch is absolutely insane to hold out for more... and the 'Hawks would be insane to give in.

^^^^
This

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm fine with the Seahawks giving Lynch more money this season. He's earned it and the Seahawks have to cap space to do it. To me this is a non issue. This will be sorted out well before the season gets underway. If they can find a way to give him more money this year and drop his cap hit next year and keep him around for another 2 seasons, that would be a true coup.

If they can do it without hitting the cap in anyway shape of form ... BUT it's still not cool when he happily signed his contract not long ago and now he's gonna complain about it... 5 mil a year isn't chump change... Plus he's getting endorsements... Lynch is a great player and I've loved the guy as a Seahawk but right now the organization has the leverage and Lynch has nothing to really stand on.... There are a couple very good backs sitting in the wings so Lynch better be careful ... Seahawks could probably get allot for him right now in a trade if he takes a firm stand on this... When I say this I absolutely want Lynch here, but I don't think Seattle should really budge much because he's under contract and needs to honor it...

Tech_God

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they can do it without hitting the cap in anyway shape of form ... BUT it's still not cool when he happily signed his contract not long ago and now he's gonna complain about it... 5 mil a year isn't chump change... Plus he's getting endorsements... Lynch is a great player and I've loved the guy as a Seahawk but right now the organization has the leverage and Lynch has nothing to really stand on.... There are a couple very good backs sitting in the wings so Lynch better be careful ... Seahawks could probably get allot for him right now in a trade if he takes a firm stand on this... When I say this I absolutely want Lynch here, but I don't think Seattle should really budge much because he's under contract and needs to honor it...

I would tend to agree except that we all know that he's not going to see one penny of the $9 million that he's supposed to get next season. That money will be used to pay Wilson. Just pay the man a couple extra million for this season, and then we wave him a fond farewell the next.

Podunkparte

12 > 49
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,184.88
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Stu, I will expect the players to be happy with their contracts the day the teams are also forced to follow the contracts they also signed. At any time a team can just not pay a player if they want to, whether they signed a contract with that person or not.

I have no problem giving Beast Mode a few more dollars this year, basically rewarding him for being even better and helping to win us a title. Everyone knows he's getting older and RBs don't age well. I'd like to see his football career here end peacefully instead of messy, so if we can afford a couple million more this season I'm for it.

WizardHawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 8,800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We fans look at NFL contracts in an odd way. They should be considered 'contracts' only through the guaranteed portion of it. Neither side can really get out, or at least the team can't get off the hook anyway for the money.

Once the guaranteed part is done the team can simply ignore it and dump you at any time. That's no longer a contract. Or at least not a binding one. This means to me players setting aside the contract after that same mark is fair game.