• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lots of Ram News.....

zeke2829

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if we can land J. Byrd that would be awesome. Then we could draft a CB at 13. You would think either Dennard or Gilbert will be there. Can you imagine if we added Mack, Byrd, Dennard to our D. With our pass rush and now that type of coverage from our safety, LB's and CB's No one would want to face us.

If Houston gives away a 3rd pick for Mallet vs drafting their choice at #1 it really tells you how theses teams feel about this QB class. Hopefully if it does happen someone you would think will still trade up with us at 2 to grab the QB they want. Or very possibly Mack.

Last edited by a moderator:

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man if we can land J. Byrd that would be awesome. Then we could draft a CB at 13. You would think either Dennard or Gilbert will be there. Can you imagine if we added Mack, Byrd, Dennard to our D. With our pass rush and now that type of coverage from our safety, LB's and CB's No one would want to face us.

If Houston gives away a 3rd pick for Mallet vs drafting their choice at #1 it really tells you how theses teams feel about this QB class. Hopefully if it does happen someone you would think will still trade up with us at 2 to grab the QB they want. Or very possibly Mack.

...or, it tells you how Houston feels about Clowney. No matter which way Houston goes, the Rams are still the trade destination to either get Clowney or your top choice at QB. May not net the huge windfall that RG3 did, but trading down should be an available option for sure.

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If we can land a quality safety like Jairus Byrd, we won't have to spend #13 on a CB! :yahoo: At that point, we can spend more picks on the offensive side of the ball, where they're needed most. I've been wanting Byrd in a Rams uni since last year! Hopefully we make it happen this year. Better late than never!

27mtrcougar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can land a quality safety like Jairus Byrd, we won't have to spend #13 on a CB! :yahoo: At that point, we can spend more picks on the offensive side of the ball, where they're needed most. I've been wanting Byrd in a Rams uni since last year! Hopefully we make it happen this year. Better late than never!

We have 2 CB's. if Jenkins or Johnson goes down we would be in trouble. You can neve have enough good CB in this passing league IMO.

Red_Chaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 6,600.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All speculation. Wake me when something is official :couch2:

Caynine29

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have 2 CB's. if Jenkins or Johnson goes down we would be in trouble. You can neve have enough good CB in this passing league IMO.

Agreed. But, it all goes back to the old adage; "you don't use a 1st round pick for depth". Especially when a quality starting player is available at another position of need. Safety is obviously the weak spot on the defense. A good quality, Pro Bowl safety like Byrd would do wondersto elevate our starting CB's game.

No sense in taking a CB at #13 when the offense needs SO much help. If we needed a starter there, I'd be all for it. But, a serviceable nickel CB will be available well down the line. Also, don't forget we've got Brandon McGee and Darren Woodard going into their second years, as well. CB is a priority... but certainly not top of the list.

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep Zeke. We will be ssing hot off the wire, Wells expected be released as well.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

You forgot one dude in there 27. Gregg Williams! :yahoo:

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I knew this was going to happen, this is why we SUCK!

Rams | May not be active on market - NFL Hot off the Wire
Not so fast zeke.

From your link...
The St Louis Rams are not expecting to be as active as other teams on the market, according to sources. The team has said this before in the past before committing $175 million to players in 2012 and 2013. "Our biggest 'need' is continuing to let our young guys develop and get experience," general manager Les Snead said. "There's no glaring, glaring, glaring needs per se (on the roster). And then we have nine picks in the draft, and some good picks. And it's a good draft. So you're aware of that."
It looks like we are trying to build our team through the draft.

I thought that's what most Rams fans wanted them to do.

Not you? :noidea:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally think the ONLY player we should spend REAL money on is Jairus Bryd. And with Saffold all but signed in Oakland as of this morning, my guess is that Snead and Fisher will go ALL IN on him. He is a St Louis kid, ya know...

Retroram52

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with Vita and the GM. The Rams should build the roster through the draft because we have not had a very successful track record over the years with FA unless you go back to the Vermeil years. I have been stating back to last year that we should sign Byrd. Everyone else would be a waste of resources this year when there is so much talent in this year's draft.

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a Bills fan (local team) as well, the only thing that scares me about Byrd is that he was dealing with plantar fasciitis last year. Is he completely past it?

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is 100% healthy AND on top of that, Bryd is from Clayton, MO. He is a local boy for gosh sakes!! GO GET HIM!!

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes he is 100% healthy AND on top of that, Bryd is from Clayton, MO. He is a local boy for gosh sakes!! GO GET HIM!!
Why is that? :noidea:

Are Missourians in love with Los Angeles?

We all know that Stan the Man Kroenke is :lol:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that?
noidea.gif

We all know that Stan the Man Kroenke is
lol2.gif

Why you gotta go there Vita? Question, you obviously love the Rams. WHEN the Rams stay (and since they just announced 10 year deals for Radio, TV and concessions) are you going to all of a sudden STOP loving them? Remember, I am a born and bred So Cal whose parents not only had season tickets from 1979 to 1992, but lived right down the hill from the Rosenblooms in Tehachapi until Carroll died. I have been a Rams fan since birth. I have lived in Topeka,KC,Lawton OK,Tallahassee,Charlotte and loved the Rams all the way through even though I was upset when they moved. I moved here to St Louis to be with my kids. Getting my Rams back was a bonus. I am sorry if you were just being a smartass, but as you can tell by the fact that I am part of the Keep the Rams in St Louis movement, I am pretty passionate about this subject.
At the end of the day, 24 owners are not going to let Kroenke move even IF he wanted to, which he does not. In fact, he applied recently for an MLS expansion team for St Louis. He will be keeping the Rams here.

Vitamike

#H9Csuck!
Hoopla Cash
$ 141,051.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why is that?
noidea.gif

We all know that Stan the Man Kroenke is
lol2.gif

Why you gotta go there Vita? Question, you obviously love the Rams. WHEN the Rams stay (and since they just announced 10 year deals for Radio, TV and concessions) are you going to all of a sudden STOP loving them? Remember, I am a born and bred So Cal whose parents not only had season tickets from 1979 to 1992, but lived right down the hill from the Rosenblooms in Tehachapi until Carroll died. I have been a Rams fan since birth. I have lived in Topeka,KC,Lawton OK,Tallahassee,Charlotte and loved the Rams all the way through even though I was upset when they moved. I moved here to St Louis to be with my kids. Getting my Rams back was a bonus. I am sorry if you were just being a smartass, but as you can tell by the fact that I am part of the Keep the Rams in St Louis movement, I am pretty passionate about this subject.
At the end of the day, 24 owners are not going to let Kroenke move even IF he wanted to, which he does not. In fact, he applied recently for an MLS expansion team for St Louis. He will be keeping the Rams here.
Just having some fun brudah!

Sometimes we need to laugh to keep from crying:bawling:

To be honest, it's been so long here without a team and its more than troublesome to a large degree the way you see it KSU. The collusion tactic to shutout NFL fans here in Los Angeles is beyond reprehensible.

I hope that one day I can go to an NFL game here in Los Angeles with my son. He is now 23 :gaah:

ksudodger

Unofficial board GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok cool brother Vita... and fear not, I am betting on the LA market getting an expansion team within the next few years. It is just a matter of finding a suitable place for a second team. I personally think Las Vegas would be a perfect place for a team as well. Imagine LA in the NFC West and Vegas in the AFC West.
I am dealing with a bunch real douche waffles on Facebook who are simply rude to anyone associated with St Louis and feel like it is OUR fault Georgia was a money grubbing hoe bag!!

When all is said and done, I think the Rams will play in the dome on the very nice year to year terms while a new football/soccer stadium is built here. There are a few spots they are looking at now. We shall see what happens. But like I tell my few LA friends that are not rude about it, I will root for the Rams if they stay here, if they go back to LA, if they move to Boise Idaho...whatever!! #RAMS4LIFE