• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Kap got a deal

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Last edited by a moderator:

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How do you figure?
""San Francisco 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick has always wanted to be thought of as one of the league’s best quarterbacks, and now, he’s going to be paid like one. According to multiple media reports, the 49ers and Kaepernick have agreed to terms on a multiyear contract extension that will tie him to the franchise through 2020. It’s a six-year extension, averaging over $21 million per year ($126 million total), and with $61 million guaranteed — the highest guaranteed money ever for any NFL player.""

Toby wrong again. :laugh3:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^LMFAO, best post of the year and spot on

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Well played sir, well played.

LMAO, this is hilarious. Sorry Toby.

Now that was funny! Touché, sir.

We need an all-time HOF post thread started and stickied. This one leads off as post #1.

Awesome.

Thanks, everyone. Cheers. :suds:

As for the news about Kaepernick, I think everyone can agree the extension was pretty much a foregone conclusion, so at least the guy wanted to give the FO some wiggle room to extend another player or two. Much classier than VD's behavior.

EDIT: I think a humor thread/HOF thread would be a pretty good idea.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, wilson is Ghandi and Mother Teresa all rolled into one. He doesnt care about the money and going take one for the team.

Yeah ok, we will get back to this one next year. He will make more then Kap or at least the same. Only QB that really took a pay cut is Tom Brady.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
ok, its done so we just move forward. it is the 49ers and not the "Kaep's".

for me, not expecting big, leading passing stats, we're a run based team so can't expect it. do want a little more consistency game to game, over 200 yards a game isn't asking too much in today's NFL. he had ten (10) games out of 16 with less than 200 yards??!! some were blowouts so this might be misleading, but still? just be more efficient completing passes, and completing with timing. these will increase yards alone, not necessarily throw more 10 more passes.

then obviously we all want more red zone passing TD's. again, we're not talking a LOT more, enough to make opponents know he can do it.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
43s Most unique aspect of Colin Kaepernick’s new deal: it contains $12 million in signing bonus, whereas most big QB deals are $24-$40 million.

54s
Colin Kaepernick specifically requested his deal allow 49ers flexibility to negotiate extensions with players such as WR Michael Crabtree.

Nice post. No one says anything positive about this. People look past this statement.

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

joshuar56

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since it's an extension, is it basically a 7 year 126 mil deal?

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

As for the news about Kaepernick, I think everyone can agree the extension was pretty much a foregone conclusion, so at least the guy wanted to give the FO some wiggle room to extend another player or two. Much classier than VD's behavior.

EDIT: I think a humor thread would be a pretty good idea.

Damn, I don't get props for giving you props? :bawling:

:suds:

tomikcon1971

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure it's not intended this way but it sounds like a backhanded compliment.

michaelwarner

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:clap:
Breaking news from Matt Barrows:

"Insiders with knowledge of the situation are reporting that in response to the San Francisco 49ers inking 4th year QB Colin Kaepernick to a 6 year $126 million extension that will keep him with the team through 2020, website #SportsHoopla has inked longtime Niners board member TobyTyler to a 6 year $0 extension where he will continue to be the chief voice of complaints about Colin Kaepernick's hats, headphones, and "wannabe thug" attitude off the field, pending Toby's ability to keep an internet connection in his household.

With the team trending up recently, Niner faithful really needed someone who can rain on the team's parade and take credit for having already predicted anything that goes wrong during the Niners 2014 season. A rival NFC executive was quoted as saying, "This is a good pickup, in my opinion, due to Toby's veteran experience and mastery of the famous "wet blanket" system."

:drum:

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@AdamSchefter: Since Colin Kaepernick’s 1st start in 2012, he’s 3rd-highest rated QB w/ total QBR of 69.6, trailing only Manning (83.3) and Rodgers (71.3). From schefter twitter

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Feels kinda strawmanish

I think people can criticize Kap and hold him accountable for his failings without solely placing the team's failings on his shoulders. I can't think of anyone who did what you're saying they did but I am certainly open to being proven wrong.

If you can't think of even a single person, then I don't know what threads you have been reading.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Great point he said he wanted this contract worked as it is so we can resign Crabs. I'm sure he told them how much he wants and needs #15 out there. I expect us to resign crabs sooner then later

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Great point he said he wanted this contract worked as it is so we can resign Crabs. I'm sure he told them how much he wants and needs #15 out there. I expect us to resign crabs sooner then later

I'd lean towards agreeing with you that the team will try to resign Crabtree next. I imagine Boone's extension would be next on the list after Crabbers, meaning Iupati leaves during FA.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Very true. Overall its a lot but truth be told its what QBs get these days and like most have said at least we were the 1st to lock up our player. Other will now match or get more.