• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looks like Kap got a deal

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The good news is Wilson will want at least 20 million a year for winning a Super Bowl so seattle should get hit a little harder.

No, wilson is Ghandi and Mother Teresa all rolled into one. He doesnt care about the money and going take one for the team.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because it's an extension not a new deal so this year is included. He will get a raise this year because of the extension, but the extension only adds 6 years. So it's a 6 year extension but the $126 is spread out over 7.

Wow someone with some smarts on here

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i wrong? I believe I read that stat during the playoffs last year. Alex smith wants at least $15 mil per year from the chiefs, Kap is better and younger so giving him $18 per is a good deal for both us and him

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's done and over with. Let's see if Kap can fiinish what he started and win a Super Bowl.

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Am i wrong? I believe I read that stat during the playoffs last year. Alex smith wants at least $15 mil per year from the chiefs, Kap is better and younger so giving him $18 per is a good deal for both us and him

I don't know if its right, it probably is

1. Teams win games, QBs are not solely responsible for winning and losing. I don't know why you numb nuts can't understand that. It's like you've never watched a football game before
2. Winning more road games can be a function of, you know, playing more games on the road.
3. This stat doesn't mean Kap>Montana/Young or even that Kap is any where close to as good as Montana/Young

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
54s
Colin Kaepernick specifically requested his deal allow 49ers flexibility to negotiate extensions with players such as WR Michael Crabtree.

I like that. Atta boy Kaep.

Last edited by a moderator:

Jikkle

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
I don't understand this. Here is a guy who has completely melted down at the end of the two biggest games in which he has played and they act like he is the second coming of Joe Montana.

At least he's been in two big games to melt down in.

Have you seen the money Romo and Cutler have gotten and they got that for blowing it in the regular season.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I wish Kap got paid a bit less, but what are you gonna do? The Cutler contract messed everything up. Right now it looks like an overpay, but the cap will continue to increase by a decent amount. Plus, it was always better to set the market for young QBs. This will force other teams to overpay. Sounds like a decent trade off to me.

P.S. Still waiting for the crybabies to show up :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:

-AC-

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I don't know if its right, it probably is

1. Teams win games, QBs are not solely responsible for winning and losing. I don't know why you numb nuts can't understand that. It's like you've never watched a football game before
2. Winning more road games can be a function of, you know, playing more games on the road.
3. This stat doesn't mean Kap>Montana/Young or even that Kap is any where close to as good as Montana/Young

I don't really disagree with this...

But there has to be more of a happy-medium on this board. Where most people will give Montana and Young all the credit in the world, while their teams mostly get overlooked, it is the complete opposite in Kaepernick's case. When the 49ers win, everyone points to a "team win", but when they lose thats when a lot of people on this board use that opportunity to drop the phrase "team win/loss" from their argument and go straight to Kaepernick as the culprit...

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's awesome on Kap part, wants us to resign Crabtree. Now lock him up next

whysies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But there has to be more of a happy-medium on this board. Where most people will give Montana and Young all the credit in the world, while their teams mostly get overlooked, it is the complete opposite in Kaepernick's case. When the 49ers win, everyone points to a "team win", but when they lose thats when a lot of people on this board use that opportunity to drop the phrase "team win/loss" from their argument and go straight to Kaepernick as the culprit...

Fair, Young/Montana might get too much credit.

But I think you might be overstating the position of the "Kap haters" and how much blame they put on him in losses. Who is saying he's solely responsible? Gotta link?

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Spot on

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
At least he's been in two big games to melt down in.

Have you seen the money Romo and Cutler have gotten and they got that for blowing it in the regular season.

Exactly what I was going to say. It's a lot of money, but it's the going rate. Now we just have to hope he's working on his fundamentals and vision.

sjballer03

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fair, Young/Montana might get too much credit.

But I think you might be overstating the position of the "Kap haters" and how much blame they put on him in losses. Who is saying he's solely responsible? Gotta link?

There are literally 100s of pages of posts that you can search through and find out.

People on this board are usually on the same page with regular season losses. It is the playoff losses where people start getting divided. For whatever reason they only talk about a Kap meltdown and ignore things like our defense getting torched on big plays, special team gaffes, or various penalties.

Badger8843

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And let's not forget he has won at GB, Atl and Car

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Breaking news from Matt Barrows:

"Insiders with knowledge of the situation are reporting that in response to the San Francisco 49ers inking 4th year QB Colin Kaepernick to a 6 year $126 million extension that will keep him with the team through 2020, website #SportsHoopla has inked longtime Niners board member TobyTyler to a 6 year $0 extension where he will continue to be the chief voice of complaints about Colin Kaepernick's hats, headphones, and "wannabe thug" attitude off the field, pending Toby's ability to keep an internet connection in his household.

With the team trending up recently, Niner faithful really needed someone who can rain on the team's parade and take credit for having already predicted anything that goes wrong during the Niners 2014 season. A rival NFC executive was quoted as saying, "This is a good pickup, in my opinion, due to Toby's veteran experience and mastery of the famous "wet blanket" system."

:drum: