• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Looking ahead...

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...to next week, and beyond.

I have confidence in the game against the Steelers, but what I'm really looking at is the pukers at The Bengals next week.

If Cincy should handle the pack at home, couldn't that potentially help us down the road with playoff seeding, since Cincy is a common opponent?

I know, I'm getting ahead a little bit -just an observation and a talking point.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Watching this game the Steelers are playing now... we should beat this team.

I could see the Detroit game being another high scoring one if our defense doesn't pick it up. On the road, that game scares me. Detroit will fade as usual in the second half, but they usually seem to start hot.

The New Orleans game... I think we can win, since we're at home. That should be a good one. Could go either way.

We should beat New York on a short week, at home.

We should beat Washington. We matchup well with them, and they look bad.

Then the BYE week...

Then the Pack... we'll see where things are at when we get there. That's a big one. Monday Night, on the road in Lambeau. I like that we're coming off a bye for that one. Trestman will really want that game.

Right now, I think they have the edge though. That offense is great, and their running game is coming along too.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The concern I have with the Steelers game is that our D-Line has not played well (atleast as far as generating pressure) since Trestman took over. The Steelers have a bad O-Line. If we can't take advantage of that, Big Ben will generate drives that lead to points and TDs.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...to next week, and beyond.

I have confidence in the game against the Steelers, but what I'm really looking at is the pukers at The Bengals next week.

If Cincy should handle the pack at home, couldn't that potentially help us down the road with playoff seeding, since Cincy is a common opponent?

I know, I'm getting ahead a little bit -just an observation and a talking point.

Yeah, it definitely could. I mean, 14 of our 16 games are versus common opponents with everyone in our division. We all play each other twice, and the NFC East and AFC North. Any of those games will help/hurt with tiebreakers.

I wouldn't count on the Bengals offense being able to keep up with Rodgers and company. I know the Cincy defense is good, and they're at home... but A-Rod and that offense is rolling after that win versus Washington.

63bears40

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't overlook Big Ben & Pitt's HC. Especially playing in their house. This is not a gimme game.
As our O has progressed our D still has me puzzeled.
We'll need a good pass D vs Pitt. Something we haven't shown in the first 2 games.
Ben has a knack for the big play. And has WRs that can deliver.
I don't think pass rush will matter in this game. What will matter, is can our DBs cover their WRs when Ben is in scramble mode?

anotheridiot

There will always be someone to blame......
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really does not matter if the bears beat teams the packers lose to. Packers have our number and all stats are out the door when they get on the field.

blh7068

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It really does not matter if the bears beat teams the packers lose to. Packers have our number and all stats are out the door when they get on the field.

If youre assuming we wont beat them once this year, then yes it wont matter.

If common opponent tiebreaker is needed between the two teams, then it does matter.

beardown07

Upstanding Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Maybe you should just go join their fanclub and root for them?

Or you could just stfu.

pumpkinhead33793

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is some bulletin board material that might piss off Cutler if he found this out.

Jay Cutler is projected LAST as far as quarterbacks in ESPN Fantasy for week 3. He is projected to get 9 points. 9 fucking points. Even Chad Henne of the Jaguars who play the Seahawks is projected to get 11 points. WTF are they thinking? Cutler, btw, is ranked 14th in QB points, with a 16.5 ppg average.

Not only that, but sometimes I notice that a team will be favored over another team but the underdog will have higher player projections. It makes no sense.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Dude, WTF is your deal? Why do you even post here?

Just to bring everyone and yourself down?

Just because your outlook in life is sad and bleak... doesn't mean you have to make everyone else feel the same way.

RaptorII

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The original point here, has eluded you.

Tie-breaker protocol in playoff seeding is what I was talking about.

That's it. -Record against a common opponent to determine the breaking of a tie.

Cincy could potentially help us, by beating the pukers.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't really care about the tie-breakers UNLESS it is a necessary process in the end. Until then I just want the Bears to win.

nebearsfan70

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The original point here, has eluded you.

Tie-breaker protocol in playoff seeding is what I was talking about.

That's it. -Record against a common opponent to determine the breaking of a tie.

Cincy could potentially help us, by beating the pukers.

Yep. :agree: