• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Female kicker tryout

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We're talking about ATHLETICISM. The fastest woman EVER would have finished 44th at this year's Olympics in the men's race.

To play in the NFL you have to want it bad enough (there are likely some women that do) and you have to be a good enough athlete (there might be some that are, but it's unilkely). Apparently at this time no woman has both those qualities.

But yes, I am confident that every single track event will have the men's world record significantly faster than the women's.

I don't blame you for getting out of this thread. I haven't met someone that wanted to argue women were the physical equals of men since I was about 10 (the last time it was true, at least for the age group).

Thought of this bolded statement above when I saw this:

She's better than these youths on these plays but might not be better than some others her age - but even more so, she won't be better than either when she gets older, if they all continue to play/stay in shape.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoobieKeebler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
all these "Captain Save-a-Ho's" out there are jumping to defend her when she never gave two shits the first place. She isn't a hero for women, she disgraced them. She set women back (in terms of kicking in the NFL) to further than they have ever been.

Last edited by a moderator:

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UNM had a female place kicker who kicked a couple of PATs in a D1 game. Katie Hnida.

Here's the deal, though, women shouldn't be on the same field as men. Start an all women's football league if you want to go that route (I don't think there's enough interest, from the athletes' perspective, but maybe in really big cities you'd find enough girls who want to play football to field multiple teams). By the time these young adults are in college, the disparity in size, speed and aggression between men and women is too big.

hnida just had multiple organ failure

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Female kicker injures quadriceps after just two kicks during tryout - ESPN

FLORHAM PARK, N.J. -- Lauren Silberman lined up for a kick at NFL history, took a deep breath and booted the football.

It barely went anywhere, traveling 19 yards, and she grabbed at her right leg.

Still, it was good enough to make her the first woman to try out at a regional combine, even if her day lasted all of two kicks.

With the 36 other kickers -- all male -- a handful of scouts and more than two dozen media watching in complete silence at the New York Jets' practice facility, Silberman struggled for about 20 seconds to place the football on the tee before measuring her steps and then trying that second kick.

This one went only about 13 yards

womenplace.gif
Stupid bitch.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
There's a female kicker in Hawaii high school football, she's actually much better than you'd expect.