• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carli Lloyd getting a tryout

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gimme your kyler murray stat line for 2019

The only stat that matters according to all the experts is...

5'10 1/3" - But wait, the combine lied about his height according to many on the hoop. His real height...
5'7" with 3 inch cleats while standing on concrete

Wait... If you ask @fordman84 he is only 5'3. He stood next to him so he knows.

I think his stats will be in the neighborhood of...

3500 Passing Yards
22 TD's - 10 Ints

550 Rushing Yards
4 TD's

Last edited:

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
NFL kickers ten years younger can barely take some of these hits, I can't imagine it ending well at her size and never absorbing one before.
Slap some pads on her with a pass rush. She would have a hard time hitting a 45 yarder

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My only concern is that when a kick is blocked or there is a fumble and the ball is in play, if anyone hits her there will be instant calls for punishment because she was "targeted" or the unnecessary roughness was only because she is a woman.

Also, in a game she would only get two steps and would have to stand still before the snap. Let's see her do that kick without a 5 step windup.
and pads

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did see someone make a good point that her making a field goal of this distance in a video where she doesn't have pads, defenders and an extra running start is the reason anyone is even entertaining this idea.

So having said that, shouldnt they have to consider anyone who does something like this?

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I did see someone make a good point that her making a field goal of this distance in a video where she doesn't have pads, defenders and an extra running start is the reason anyone is even entertaining this idea.

So having said that, shouldnt they have to consider anyone who does something like this?

I don't understand this defenders running at you point people are trying to make in this argument for why she can't kick.

Did I miss something this summer where they changed the rules and you can now run into kickers as they kick?

As for should they consider anyone who can hit a 55 yard field goal? Yeah probably, the state of kicking in the league is in a fairly sad state outside of a handful of guys. I think what works in her favor though is she has played in some high intensity world cup matches so it wouldn't be some random person off the street who hasn't had to play in the pressure situation of a full stadium in a professional sports competition.

steelerssb

Once banned on CBS
Hoopla Cash
$ 297.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't understand this defenders running at you point people are trying to make in this argument for why she can't kick.

Did I miss something this summer where they changed the rules and you can now run into kickers as they kick?

As for should they consider anyone who can hit a 55 yard field goal? Yeah probably, the state of kicking in the league is in a fairly sad state outside of a handful of guys. I think what works in her favor though is she has played in some high intensity world cup matches so it wouldn't be some random person off the street who hasn't had to play in the pressure situation of a full stadium in a professional sports competition.
It's the "oh shit" factor that you really just can't simulate. It's a lot different kicking with no one in front of you then it is all of a sudden seeing 11 guys, many of whom are 100 lbs heavier than you, being one move away from blocking a kick or running you over. Maybe it wouldn't bother her, she did kick in the World Cup after all, but seeing that for the first time probably would be at least a bit unsettling.

Also I'm not at all saying she can't kick. I hope her or others do try to give this a go and it would be really cool if it works out and I hope for at least one it does, just that we have to remember there's so much more to this that I think people aren't considering.

wazzu31

Never go full Husky
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The Women’s World Cup isn’t intense. 99% of the opponents she plays is like a NFL team playing a junior high football team.

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Women’s World Cup isn’t intense. 99% of the opponents she plays is like a NFL team playing a junior high football team.

Which would be a very valid point if she were actually playing the game of football. You aren't really playing football when you are a kicker. You're more along the lines of participating. All you need to do is kick. They can't get hit kickers.

All she needs to do, which she said she is going to over the next year, is to train and cut down the amount of steps she took to kick the field goal. If she can get kicks off as fast as NFL kickers and still make them and make them from deep she will get a kicking job next year. Extra bonus points if she can do quality onside kicks and I'm betting she probably could coming from a professional soccer background.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

However, every time there was a penalty situation, the went to Rapino not Lloyd.

fordman84

@Fordman84_Tx
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 8,484.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only stat that matters according to all the experts is...

5'10 1/3" - But wait, the combine lied about his height according to many on the hoop. His real height...
5'7" with 3 inch cleats while standing on concrete

Wait... If you ask @fordman84 he is only 5'3. He stood next to him so he knows.

I think his stats will be in the neighborhood of...

3500 Passing Yards
22 TD's - 10 Ints

550 Rushing Yards
4 TD's

I've met him many times. I didn't say he was 5'3", but he ain't 5'10" either. not sure what voodoo he pulled off or how he was claimed that but he's 5'8" tops. Just look at him next to AB after the Steelers preseason game. AB looks 6'2" next to Murray.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've met him many times. I didn't say he was 5'3", but he ain't 5'10" either. not sure what voodoo he pulled off or how he was claimed that but he's 5'8" tops. Just look at him next to AB after the Steelers preseason game. AB looks 6'2" next to Murray.
When the stats at the combine came back at 5’10”, I was scratching my head. However, talking to some of my buddies who shook hands with him At Cardinals practices said he was every bit of 5’10. Personally, I don’t Care if he’s 5’3 as long as he produces.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She took a 5 yard running start. You don't get that many steps in the show.
Also, what happens when Mack lights her ass up for a 15 yard penalty and puts her in the hospital....ain't worth the sideshow me thinks.

I'd tune in to see that.

Schmoopy1000

When all else fails, Smack em' in the Mouth!
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,257.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she can learn to kick while a rush. Good for her. Would like to see her make a team.
As far as kick offs.
Two things. many kickers dont get involved with tackling after they kick off. In fact there has been some in the past that just walk off the field afterwards.
Other words. This is a none factor.

2nd thing
You guys are acting like all kickers are big guys. I bet she is as big as some pro kickers out there right now. (no I havent looked it up, just saying)

If she could prove to make FGs consistently & a leg to make 50+ she would land a job in the NFL.

Now that is the big if. Not kickoffs.

Oh I guess a 3rd thing on KOs.
If she can consistently kick it into the endzone all of whatever side thinks becomes a moot point.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I cant imagine her being 5'3" does her any favors in elevating the ball over the line consistently
I thought she was 5' 7" and 130 lbs. She would be the smallest player in the NFL.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she can learn to kick while a rush. Good for her. Would like to see her make a team.
As far as kick offs.
Two things. many kickers dont get involved with tackling after they kick off. In fact there has been some in the past that just walk off the field afterwards.
Other words. This is a none factor.

2nd thing
You guys are acting like all kickers are big guys. I bet she is as big as some pro kickers out there right now. (no I havent looked it up, just saying)

If she could prove to make FGs consistently & a leg to make 50+ she would land a job in the NFL.

Now that is the big if. Not kickoffs.

Oh I guess a 3rd thing on KOs.
If she can consistently kick it into the endzone all of whatever side thinks becomes a moot point.

Nope. Not even close. Adam Vinetiare sin't a big kicker and he is 6' 210 lbs.
This is a publicity stunt. No chance of her making an NFL team. Good luck to her though. A

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Justin Tucker, 6' 1", 183 lbs (highest career FG%)
Eddie Murray, 5' 10", 177 lbs (352 career FG)
Martin Grammatica, 5' 8", 170 lbs (tore his ACL celebrating, or was that the other brother???)

She'd have to eat a few sammiches...

DonMan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nope. Not even close. Adam Vinetiare sin't a big kicker and he is 6' 210 lbs.
This is a publicity stunt. No chance of her making an NFL team. Good luck to her though.

More precisely, the team(s) that brought her in figured she probably didn't have a chance.

But it's low budget publicity. If the team gets one woman to read about the tryout and buy season tickets they more than cover the minimal expenses of bringing her in for a tryout.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
More precisely, the team(s) that brought her in figured she probably didn't have a chance.

But it's low budget publicity. If the team gets one woman to read about the tryout and buy season tickets they more than cover the minimal expenses of bringing her in for a tryout.
I totally agree. This is a great idea. She has no chance, but you get "feel good" publicity for a couple weeks.