• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carli Lloyd getting a tryout

megalodon30

Archduke of Crosstown Busses
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,967.56
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is she former Denver Broncos receiver Brandon Lloyd's sister or something?

Go Broncos!

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see her do this in pads, also.

Her taking a hit for the first time would be the bigger concern, anyway.
Scientifically weaker bones. What could go wrong?

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a publicity stunt. It's not like she was knocking down 45 yard field goals one after another. She hit one 55 yard field goal. It's a feel good story because she is a woman. High school kickers have kicked longer FG's.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh, if she can kick it, then why not if she wants to? I don't see the issue.

Nada...just because she can kick 50+ yd FG with no one rushing doesn't mean she should be playing in the NFL.

I'm fine with a female ref, but not a player unless she played in college, and has taken a few hits and survived it.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nada...just because she can kick 50+ yd FG with no one rushing doesn't mean she should be playing in the NFL.

I'm fine with a female ref, but not a player unless she played in college, and has taken a few hits and survived it.

How many NFL kickers have scored goals in World Cup/Olympic winning games?
Probably as much pressure involved taking a penalty kick as there is a 40 yarder.

Most kickers have similar techniques and leg strength.
But, how much of kicking a FG is mental?
I think Lloyd would have the mental aspect due to her soccer prowess and then it's only a matter of seeing if she can routinely hit 40-50 yarders with proper technique and consistency. If she can prove that, she would have value to a team, regardless of whether she could take a hit or not.

I'd like to know if she could send kickoffs out of the end zone.
How many blocked FG were there last year and how many times did the K get waxed on those plays?
Sure, it happens, but I would imagine the percentages are quite low.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably as much pressure involved taking a penalty kick as there is a 40 yarder.

I think Lloyd would have the mental aspect due to her soccer prowess and then it's only a matter of seeing if she can routinely hit 40-50 yarders with proper technique and consistency. If she can prove that, she would have value to a team, regardless of whether she could take a hit or not.

How many blocked FG were there last year and how many times did the K get waxed on those plays?

I'm sure she can handle the pressure in the sport she probably grew up playing. Just because of the circumstance, the pressure would be ten fold what she has faced in a soccer match imo. She has zero value as an NFL kicker if she hasn't played the sport prior to now.

Endzone kicks...that would be critical because the K is part of the 22 on kickoffs. No team will want her trying to tackle so does this team carry 2 kickers? One to kick off, and another for FGs? Kind of a waste of the roster spot.

I think it's a nice story, but very doubtful it would come to fruition.

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are plenty of NFL kickers who would straight up lose to Lloyd in a fight.

We are talking about kickers....not DE's. She probably would be better than average at covering kicks compared to other kickers in the league because she has more speed and understands angles and chasing people down better than most kickers.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

We are talking about kickers....not DE's. She probably would be better than average at covering kicks compared to other kickers in the league because she has more speed and understands angles and chasing people down better than most kickers.

Need to see her spider graph.... :dhd:

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
she says not til 2020 at the earliest. its a stupid idea.

ATL96Steeler

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, right.

LOL....she would get leveled.

Scooby-Doo

Ruh-roh
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pressure aside, she is a 5'7", 130 pound, 37 year old female. What is she going to do on kickoffs that are returned? Unless the punter is handling kickoff duties, no team is going to take up 2 roster spots so they can have Lloyd kick for them.

This is a silly gimmick. Sure it would be cool t see, but if any team or female player was serious about making an NFL team, the female player would need to be a LARGE person. A female Seabass, if you will.

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pressure aside, she is a 5'7", 130 pound, 37 year old female. What is she going to do on kickoffs that are returned? Unless the punter is handling kickoff duties, no team is going to take up 2 roster spots so they can have Lloyd kick for them.

This is a silly gimmick. Sure it would be cool t see, but if any team or female player was serious about making an NFL team, the female player would need to be a LARGE person. A female Seabass, if you will.
The first woman will most likely be a man who thinks he is a woman.

Adan Vinatieri, who is not one of the bigger kickers, is 6' and 212 lbs.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a publicity stunt. It's not like she was knocking down 45 yard field goals one after another. She hit one 55 yard field goal. It's a feel good story because she is a woman. High school kickers have kicked longer FG's.
ESPN shrewdly mocking women athletes.

Very clever.

SoCalWizFan

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine w/ a female kicker (not sure about a 37 yr old - 130 lb kicker). However if this occurs I have concerns about the SJW reaction. Sure at first they will be happy, but I can then see them bitching if say she is cut (which happens to the majority of kickers). I can also see these folks get bent out shape when fans yell all types of expletives her way (as they do towards all players). Folks will label fans & owners as sexists, Nazis, blah, blah, blah. These fools also would likely complain if she was hurt on the field & cry about assault & abuse.

In this crazy era there would be all types of concerns for this type of situation.

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She wouldn't be kicking it naked.

If she missed would the fans yell "bitch!?"

eaglesnut

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am fine w/ a female kicker (not sure about a 37 yr old - 130 lb kicker). However if this occurs I have concerns about the SJW reaction. Sure at first they will be happy, but I can then see them bitching if say she is cut (which happens to the majority of kickers). I can also see these folks get bent out shape when fans yell all types of expletives her way (as they do towards all players). Folks will label fans & owners as sexists, Nazis, blah, blah, blah. These fools also would likely complain if she was hurt on the field & cry about assault & abuse.

In this crazy era there would be all types of concerns for this type of situation.
:ninja:

If she misses a kick she makes the team sandwiches.