• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Carli Lloyd getting a tryout

Myles

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is nice, it seems a bit silly to me. NFL kickers hit 55 yard field goals every day in practice. She hit one and people go crazy.
I wonder how many NBA teams were going after Georgeann Wells anfter she was the first woman to dunk in the NCAA's.

Lloyd told Sports Illustrated on Friday she has “definitely gotten some inquiries” from NFL teams after a video of her nailing a 55-yard field goal at a joint practice session between the Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens went viral.

She added the videos ignited some “interesting chatter” about women potentially playing in the NFL.

On Monday, Galanis told Fox Sports that the U.S. soccer great was given the opportunity to be a part of an NFL roster and see game time. Galanis didn’t name which NFL team, but Lloyd’s interest conflicted with the U.S. match against Portugal on Thursday.

US soccer great Carli Lloyd receives offer to kick for NFL team: trainer

RememberTheKoy

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she tackled someone on a kickoff return would that player get shi from people or would 2019 ultra offended society go after anyone as sexiest for making fun of said hypothetical kick returner?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she tackled someone on a kickoff return would that player get shi from people

Yes, we have plenty of doofuses in this country, so yes.

or would 2019 ultra offended society go after anyone as [sexist] for making fun of said hypothetical kick returner?

There 100% would be people out there making it into a sexist bent, and people would call it out as such, the lowest common denominator is a thing.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be interested , she showed she can hit at least one accurate with distance, has a strong leg, makes a career out
Of kicking, why not check it out?

Fountain City Blues

Love Everybody
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’d be interested , she showed she can hit at least one accurate with distance, has a strong leg, makes a career out
Of kicking, why not check it out?
Seems legit to me. May as well kick the wheels in the 4th week of preseason for giggles if your kicker stinks.

Reactions: gob

ellupo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She made the kick but has anyone looked at the number of steps she needed compared to a NFL kicker?

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She made the kick but has anyone looked at the number of steps she needed compared to a NFL kicker?

She turned down the offer as the USWNT is prepping for their next match.
She brought up the technique required and mentioned she would need several weeks to train if this was serious.

This will be a very boring last week of pre-season, so it would have been a money grab/promotional stunt by whichever team offered her the tryout.

Reactions: gob

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it is nice, it seems a bit silly to me. NFL kickers hit 55 yard field goals every day in practice. She hit one and people go crazy.
I wonder how many NBA teams were going after Georgeann Wells anfter she was the first woman to dunk in the NCAA's.

Lloyd told Sports Illustrated on Friday she has “definitely gotten some inquiries” from NFL teams after a video of her nailing a 55-yard field goal at a joint practice session between the Philadelphia Eagles and Baltimore Ravens went viral.

She added the videos ignited some “interesting chatter” about women potentially playing in the NFL.

On Monday, Galanis told Fox Sports that the U.S. soccer great was given the opportunity to be a part of an NFL roster and see game time. Galanis didn’t name which NFL team, but Lloyd’s interest conflicted with the U.S. match against Portugal on Thursday.

US soccer great Carli Lloyd receives offer to kick for NFL team: trainer
riddle me this. does she do kickoffs?

if so, what happens the first time she has to tackle a returner?

THUNDER

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
She took a 5 yard running start. You don't get that many steps in the show.
Also, what happens when Mack lights her ass up for a 15 yard penalty and puts her in the hospital....ain't worth the sideshow me thinks.

Sparhawk

SportsHoopla Ombudsman
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,357.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, what happens when Mack lights her ass up for a 15 yard penalty and puts her in the hospital....ain't worth the sideshow me thinks.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/carli-...r-i-could-do-it-and-do-it-well-155024151.html

"I know I have to work on my steps and my technique, but I think I could do it and do it well."

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mack?

LetsGoPats

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Topless kickers……I like it.

Rock Strongo

My mind spits with an enormous kickback.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If she has to get involved in a tackle you'd better have a kicker on the practice squad.
all i can think of is the scene in the water boy, with the "experiment with the towel boy at WR".