• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

LOL @ Female kicker tryout

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
OH MY CRAP YOU'RE STILL TRYING!!!

The world record for a made field goal in a football game is 69 yards, not 63 yards. And it was done in 1976.

Just stop for your own sake.

Also, let's not dismiss 56 yards vs 43 as "just 13 yards." It's damn near 25%.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That's another stupid argument. You can't even compare individual event sports, to a team sport with a set number of teams. Are there 32-64 track runners who can all beat 10.49? And can you say the same for every individual track event? Again, I'm out. Won't be pulled back again.

There are probably 32-64 NFL Players who can beat 10.49, much less track stars. And every single one of them could lift more than twice as much as the fastest women on earth. You have NO clue what you're trying to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
That's another stupid argument. You can't even compare individual event sports, to a team sport with a set number of teams. Are there 32-64 track runners who can all beat 10.49? And can you say the same for every individual track event? Again, I'm out. Won't be pulled back again.

We're talking about ATHLETICISM. The fastest woman EVER would have finished 44th at this year's Olympics in the men's race.

To play in the NFL you have to want it bad enough (there are likely some women that do) and you have to be a good enough athlete (there might be some that are, but it's unilkely). Apparently at this time no woman has both those qualities.

But yes, I am confident that every single track event will have the men's world record significantly faster than the women's.

I don't blame you for getting out of this thread. I haven't met someone that wanted to argue women were the physical equals of men since I was about 10 (the last time it was true, at least for the age group).

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
To play in the NFL you have to want it bad enough (there are likely some women that do) and you have to be a good enough athlete (there might be some that are, but it's unilkely).

You also have to be able to take a hit from a 250 pound linebacker and not die.

imac_21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know you've run and hid from this conversation joshuar, but I'm curious why fire department's, police departments and the armed forces have lesser standards for women in their physical/fitness tests than they do for men?

I'm curious about your thoughts on that.

Giantsmojo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How long have women even had a chance to compete? How many chances do you think they have had to kick a field goal? Now how many men do you think have had a chance? You really are sounding more dumb by the second. It's simple math and a matter of time.

Sorry, but women are just not strong enough or fast enough to play in the NFL, I'm not saying no women is faster or stronger then any guy there definitely are, but we are talking about top level athletes, the strongest, fastest man will always be stronger and faster then the strongest, fastest women. It's biology. Testosterone helps build muscles, men have more testosterone.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
That is how long do you think it will be if Dbags such as NS and people out there like him don't try and discourage them from attempting to do so?

This Dbag would also "discourage" an extremely strong man from stepping onto a street in front of a moving bus to try to stop it with his bare hands.

The strong guy = women

The bus = Patrick Willis.

EaseUrStorm

Chief Imagination Officer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Hey guys - better not attack him right now because he will make you look silly in the future. He has logical powers outside the scope of a typical human's brain. This was on display in full force in the aftermath of the Alex Smith trade when he proved most posters on this board wrong.

Because a woman has not yet played in the NFL, we mortals cannot yet decipher his ultra logic. When a woman does play in the NFL, our minds will at that point begin to see and understand the truth he speaks.

entertainment.Captain Hindsight - YouTube

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Silberman's goal was to try a 60-yard field goal. That thought was squashed just minutes into her tryout."

She states that prior to the regional combine, she's consistently had the leg & accuracy clear the uprights from 60 yards out. Don't think she'd embarrass herself in front of 30 reporters, especially given her self styled story, if she had not found SOME success kicking a foos-ball, due to her actually being an ex-MIT graduate student, but who knows?

This story kind of reminds of an article (and video) I encountered a few years back about the inspirational story of a 14(?) year old girl who had petitioned to play football at her high school as a WR. During one particular game, she caught a ball over the middle and was blown up by a defender. She laid on the field, crying, as she was having trouble catching her breath. The tackler's response was either "Welcome to football," or, "That's why women shouldn't be playing football."

I almost pissed myself laughing.

Shame on her parents and coach for allowing that. Seriously. Priorities need to be put back in order everywhere surrounding that story. I'm sorry, girls are not boys when it comes to physical violence. Take the best female boxer that ever lived and put her up against any male boxer in her weight class. The fight would be over after two or three punches from the tomato can.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, there will never be a woman talented enough to be a kicker so we shouldn't even let them try... brilliant. In fact I don't think we should let blacks, hispanics, or any other nonwhites try out anymore either.

Dumb post. Dumber than you calling out a mod.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

There's probably several hundred men TODAY who can beat that time.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, let's not dismiss 56 yards vs 43 as "just 13 yards." It's damn near 25%.

One of her kicks was 14 yards in total, wasn't it? Just 13 yards...? So maybe if we add her kick plus the world record and then add 43 years, we'll get to 57 yards? Forgive me, as I am new to this new math.

NinerSickness

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
As long as we're doing math, let's use the real numbers.

Record for women: 43 yards (in the 200's)
Record for men: 69 yards (in the 70's) - although there have been reports of longer ones.

The Women's record is only 62.3% of what the men's record is.

Flyingiguana

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
men will be stronger than woman. u would have to juice up woman to make up the difference. ie turn them into a man.

abaskin18

Oilman
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I haven't seen a woman capable of playing in the NFL. If I saw one I thought could help my team, I'd sign her. I'm not holding my breath, though.

Now if several posters could have limited their responses to that and neglected to share their opinions on where a woman's "place should be" on or off the football field we all, most likely, could have gotten along.

tallglassofwater007

Large Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I saw the warm up kick this chick had on video that she used to pass along before her tryout. It got her on all the talkshows but it was literally a 20 yard kick that barely made it. She lied about her talent and then tried to use a strange angle on camera to make it look better, and use it to get the word out on her company she was trying to start. Something about video games linked with sports training during injuries. She never gave a shit about the NFL to begin with. It was a publicity stunt from the jump.

So all these "Captain Save-a-Ho's" out there are jumping to defend her when she never gave two shits the first place. She isn't a hero for women, she disgraced them. She set women back (in terms of kicking in the NFL) to further than they have ever been.

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That picture of her clutching her quad in pain is HILARIOUS. Yes that is mean of me.