• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a question. Think about this for a minute.

Lets assume we see a pretty good improvement up front with the run blocking and you consider the running ability of both Bell and Abdullah, who are you giving the ball to the majority of the time?
Thats a great question.
Honestly right now I like Bell. He can run between the tackles, he makes the first guy miss, he is a good receiver, I want to see him with some consistent blocking. That being said, we really don't know what we have in Abdullah. I've seen too many can't miss running backs (with statues in their trophy cases) be garbage in the league, to make any predeterminations about the extent of Ameer's abilities.
That being said, the guy who plays the best gets the rock the most. If I see Abdullah breaking off some TD's and long runs, then he should earn more touches or eventually the majority of the touches.
That being said, in this league you need a stable of running backs, and we are currently in the era of running back by committee or at least 1-2 punch. I see them sharing carries now with Bell getting 60-70% to start. If the line starts pushing people around like I think they will, Bell is more suited to wear down the defenses. I can see Abdullah coming in against a tired defense and breaking off a long run.\
All that being said, we still could use another back. If Bell goes down we have an unproven rookie and Riddick. That scares me.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only Cutty, Newton, Luck and Murray lost more than Staff. (It was the two on the final playoff drive that got to me. And those didn't even count in the rankings.)

I hate fumbles. I hate drops. I don't really like Russel Wilson. And I'm pretty sure Aaron Rodgers is a closet faggot. (Lucks weird looking. Fumbles a lot and throws tons of picks. We all know we'd take his ugly ass in a heartbeat though.)
Staff only lost 3 fumbles in 400 touches...playing in some shitty conditions...gheesh tough crowd here in the D.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Dom in front of him. Its a miracle hes alive.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tom Brady only fumbled 6 times...soft balls are easier to grip....?

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously though...I wonder if deflategate all season for say...several seasons contributed to the Pats having less fumbles, which would lead to more wins in theory. No wonder Bill Smittycheck went apeshit on Ridley when he fumbled. They were cheating and he still fumbled. You sir are fired.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seems Diggs should have been the 3rd rounder and Carter the 6th. Depends on how much faith you have in PFF.

I thought Laken had a knock on his pass pro. They stated no sacks, no hits and only 4 hurries. Damn good no matter what level you play. More I'm reading about him post draft, I don't see a reach at all. Other picks yes, just not him.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not to really shit on Bell, but Abdullah can do some shit Bell cant cme close to. If you watch him (even his YouTube highlights), you can see his ability to find and get through even the smallest holes.

It's not hard to get through the smallest of holes... Just ask these guys.

catholics_2147825b.jpg

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come the Lion's aren't going after Collins to play RT? He has been cleared

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems Diggs should have been the 3rd rounder and Carter the 6th. Depends on how much faith you have in PFF.

I thought Laken had a knock on his pass pro. They stated no sacks, no hits and only 4 hurries. Damn good no matter what level you play. More I'm reading about him post draft, I don't see a reach at all. Other picks yes, just not him.

They always have to find some kind of knock on a guy.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How come the Lion's aren't going after Collins to play RT? He has been cleared

IMO if you want to slam Mayhew it should be for what TP said. Not drafting him in the 7th.

Not saying you're, but some prolly will hold Mayhew accountable now when 31 other teams are involved. Now the kid and his agent hold the cards. Mayhew folded his cards at Mr. Irrelevant.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The last I heard, Collins had met with Rex Ryan.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Only because the Dolphins come up here often. Not sure why May 9th was put out there as date when teams could officially talk with him.

Heard it would be a violation of the salary cap somehow if those players that talked with him used anything Dolphins organization related and not their own money to get there.

Which made me think, did Rex pay out of pocket?? Wink wink...

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Even if we were interested in him, odds are he chooses somewhere else.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMO if you want to slam Mayhew it should be for what TP said. Not drafting him in the 7th.

Not saying you're, but some prolly will hold Mayhew accountable now when 31 other teams are involved. Now the kid and his agent hold the cards. Mayhew folded his cards at Mr. Irrelevant.

If he was drafted then he could have re-entered the draft next year. He had already stated that he would hold out the year. Going undrafted is what made him ineligible to re-enter the draft.