• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thats because later picks need developing and we had Shwartz and company in charge of that and they obviously sucked at it.

Or are you trying to blame Mayhew for not developing players too?

Mayhew failed Fairley.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew failed Fairley.

Fairley failed himself IMO. Mayhew motivated him by not giving the 5th year option. After that it is not as if he went out and was having a pro bowl season before his injury. That was while playing for a contract. That was obvious to me as the Rams signed a prove it deal nothing more.
Most winners push themselves. He is not one. Suh is a beast because of his own work ethics. Nothing Mayhew had to do. IMO with you saying Mayhew failed Fairley, I ask does Mayhew get any credit for Suh becoming what he is? As his coaches did help develop him. It is up to a athlete to put in the work and have dedication to the programs laid out by the team.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fairley failed himself IMO. Mayhew motivated him by not giving the 5th year option. After that it is not as if he went out and was having a pro bowl season before his injury. That was while playing for a contract. That was obvious to me as the Rams signed a prove it deal nothing more.
Most winners push themselves. He is not one. Suh is a beast because of his own work ethics. Nothing Mayhew had to do. IMO with you saying Mayhew failed Fairley, I ask does Mayhew get any credit for Suh becoming what he is? As his coaches did help develop him. It is up to a athlete to put in the work and have dedication to the programs laid out by the team.

A Dolphin? Absolutely.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really Lions news but.....

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports No. 3 overall pick Dante Fowler is done for the season with a torn ACL.

Fowler was carted off with a knee injury on the first day of rookie minicamp. It's the worst possible news for the Jaguars, who have lost their first-round pick eight days after drafting him. Fowler had yet to even sign his rookie deal, but is still expected to get a fully guaranteed contract. With Fowler sidelined, Chris Clemons should return as coach Gus Bradley's "Leo" rusher. It's a crushing blow for a team also waiting on DT Sen'Derrick Marks (ACL) to get healthy. If there's good news, it's that Fowler should be 100 percent for next year's offseason program.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They said he projects as a middle round pick...isn't the middle of 7 3.5?

No idea what you're referring to. I bolded the part where your source said he'd jump into the first round.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not really Lions news but.....

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports No. 3 overall pick Dante Fowler is done for the season with a torn ACL.

Fowler was carted off with a knee injury on the first day of rookie minicamp. It's the worst possible news for the Jaguars, who have lost their first-round pick eight days after drafting him. Fowler had yet to even sign his rookie deal, but is still expected to get a fully guaranteed contract. With Fowler sidelined, Chris Clemons should return as coach Gus Bradley's "Leo" rusher. It's a crushing blow for a team also waiting on DT Sen'Derrick Marks (ACL) to get healthy. If there's good news, it's that Fowler should be 100 percent for next year's offseason program.

Source: Adam Schefter on Twitter

Totally sucks.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noone said that.

Carter projects as a middle-round pick in a cornerback class lacking top-end talent in the top-100 picks. Some scouts believe he is underrated, but he is a prospect with the opportunity to move up draft boards throughout the process, possibly even into the first round.
This from NFLDraftscout.com

hqdefault.jpg

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Carter projects as a middle-round pick in a cornerback class lacking top-end talent in the top-100 picks. Some scouts believe he is underrated, but he is a prospect with the opportunity to move up draft boards throughout the process, possibly even into the first round.
This from NFLDraftscout.com

Lets re-read. Projects as a middle round...underrated....opportunity to move up...possibly into the first round.

So middle 3.5 ...possibly up...so say a high 3rd rounder. Lions got him in the 3rd traded up...so maybe they though he was going off the board and they wanted him, and at least some scouts agreed with that. Or maybe Mayhew uses NFLdraftscout.com.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fine. Whatever.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Noone said that.
Doesn't matter when you're arguing with a dude who lives in fantasy land... once he realizes he's losing the argument (such as in this case) he'll start adding and subtracting words from your previous posts to make them into things you never said at all. Then, once you point that out, he thinks he won the eFight, because that's apparently how things work in Crazyville...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets re-read. Projects as a middle round...underrated....opportunity to move up...possibly into the first round.

So middle 3.5 ...possibly up...so say a high 3rd rounder. Lions got him in the 3rd traded up...so maybe they though he was going off the board and they wanted him, and at least some scouts agreed with that. Or maybe Mayhew uses NFLdraftscout.com.
That possibly is a tricky word to understand, I tell you what...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Doesn't matter when you're arguing with a dude who lives in fantasy land... once he realizes he's losing the argument (such as in this case) he'll start adding and subtracting words from your previous posts to make them into things you never said at all. Then, once you point that out, he thinks he won the eFight, because that's apparently how things work in Crazyville...

TP's Daily agenda:

Wake Up
Think about Swarm
Post about Swarm
Rinse
Repeat

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do "possibly move" and "jump to" mean even close to the same thing. Its like saying...yeah I fucked that girl...well I mean I possibly could.

All this because I mentioned a report on Carter saying he should have stayed in school. Your report guessing he had the potential to be a first rounder is trash.

Coach_Ed_LPW

Coach of the Year
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All this because I mentioned a report on Carter saying he should have stayed in school. Your report guessing he had the potential to be a first rounder is trash.
All what? Take it easy rob. Eat a snickers...pull a doobie out of your dreads...hug your dog...whatever it takes....just relax