• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sports Quotient proclaims that Oregon T Jake Fisher "belongs in the later part of the 1st round, somewhere between picks 20–30."

"Fisher has all of the physical tools to be a solid NFL offensive lineman and potentially a left tackle," noted SQ. "He has had an outstanding off-season thus far, performing extremely well at both the combine and Oregon’s Pro Day." While acknowledging that Fisher is being graded as a Round 2 pick, the digital sports media company points out that Fisher's "size and athletic skill set are a rare combination" and befitting of a Round 1 call, concluding of the prospect's best organization fit: "Fisher’s athleticism would make him a perfect fit in Philadelphia with his former college coach Chip Kelly. The Eagles, who own the 20th pick in the 1st round are set at both tackle spots with Jason Peters at left tackle and Lane Johnson at right tackle. Fisher could slide inside to guard—if the Eagles do in fact move on from guard Evan Mathis, which has been rumored as of late—and eventually move outside to tackle."

Fisher (6-foot-6 1/8, 306 pounds, with a 82-inch wingspan) clocked a 5.01 forty, a good 1.75 second 10-yard split, a sensational 4.33 second 20-yard shuttle, and a super 32.5 inch vertical. Heading into the event, many thought Fisher would have to move to RT, but Mayock said, "He's making a case for, 'I'm a left tackle.'" NFL Network analyst Shaun O'Hara, a former NFL OL, said: "He looked really polished."

Source: National Football Post

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Antoine Everett

• OG
  • Senior
  • 6-3, 323 lbs
  • McNeese St

Pass Protection (2) Sets with a wide base and shows good patience and balance in sets. Flexible lower half and sets with quality pad level. Light on his feet and moves well laterally. Lacks a jarring punch but does a nice job of working to gain inside hand placement. Shows ability to latch on and mirror rushers to keep them at bay. Strong base and shows good bend at knees and ankle flexion that allows him to sink and anchor against bull rush attempts.

Run Blocking (3) Above-average first step quickness to establish quality initial hat placement. Displays natural inline power. Shows the ability to collapse defenders with down blocks. Plays a little high when locked in a phone booth though and doesn't consistently transfer power from the ground up. However, shows above-average balance and shows the functional strength sustain blocks. Adequate agility in space but needs to play more under control and take better angles when climbing to the second level or pulling around edge.

Awareness (2) Possesses strong FBI's. Alert and assignment sound in pass pro. Quickly recognizes defensive line stunts and shows patience passing off and picking up rushers. Identifies and reacts in a timely manner to pressures from the second and third level. Makes a quick identification of targets in the run game and shows the ability to adjust the fly against defensive line movement and/or run blitzes.

Toughness (2) Not a trained killer but no question about toughness. Doesn't back down and works to sustain blocks. Finishes when given the opportunity. Will occasionally dish out some extracurricular activity but would like to see that nasty side with more consistency.

1 = Exceptional....2 = Above average....3 = Average....4 = Below average....5 = Marginal

maybe this kid would be available in that late 5th rd pick we got from TB for George Johnson

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, I'm cool if they get a bomb ass run blocker in the 1st but not totally disappointed. You can always take good run blocking tackles from college and move them into Guard in the NFL where they aren't left on an island during pass pro.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are at least two posters on the Lions Board that would like to see Marpet in a Lions uniform should they miss out on La'el Collins (pretty sure that happens) or Cameron Erving.

Marpet already has some of the best technique skills amongst all O-Lineman in this draft.
Count me out of that group- I still want Marpet in the 2nd or 3rd even if we draft Collins or Erving.

We need a LG and have a question mark at RT. I think Collins and Marpet can each play both of those positions, so I'd be happy as fuck if we hedged our bets and took Collins/Erving/Flowers in the 1st and Marpet in the 2nd or 3rd.

I've read much of the same stuff about him being very technically sound. Combine that with his outstanding athleticism for his size, and he's one helluva o-line prospect.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Sports Quotient proclaims that Oregon T Jake Fisher "belongs in the later part of the 1st round, somewhere between picks 20–30."

"Fisher has all of the physical tools to be a solid NFL offensive lineman and potentially a left tackle," noted SQ. "He has had an outstanding off-season thus far, performing extremely well at both the combine and Oregon’s Pro Day." While acknowledging that Fisher is being graded as a Round 2 pick, the digital sports media company points out that Fisher's "size and athletic skill set are a rare combination" and befitting of a Round 1 call, concluding of the prospect's best organization fit: "Fisher’s athleticism would make him a perfect fit in Philadelphia with his former college coach Chip Kelly. The Eagles, who own the 20th pick in the 1st round are set at both tackle spots with Jason Peters at left tackle and Lane Johnson at right tackle. Fisher could slide inside to guard—if the Eagles do in fact move on from guard Evan Mathis, which has been rumored as of late—and eventually move outside to tackle."

Fisher (6-foot-6 1/8, 306 pounds, with a 82-inch wingspan) clocked a 5.01 forty, a good 1.75 second 10-yard split, a sensational 4.33 second 20-yard shuttle, and a super 32.5 inch vertical. Heading into the event, many thought Fisher would have to move to RT, but Mayock said, "He's making a case for, 'I'm a left tackle.'" NFL Network analyst Shaun O'Hara, a former NFL OL, said: "He looked really polished."

Source: National Football Post
He played his high school ball in Traverse City, MI. I'd love the home state kid at one of those two tackle spots for us. I've seen him starting to crack the 1st round in several mock drafts these last few weeks. I'd be perfectly happy with him at #23 for us. Safe pick with lots of upside and a low floor- should be at least a good RT in the NFL, if not more...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OT Antoine Everett, McNeese State
The particulars: 6-3, 325.
The skinny: He started every game at left tackle the past two seasons but fits as a guard in the NFL. He is athletic and runs well. How well? Incredibly, he was timed in 4.62 and 4.65 seconds in the 40 at his pro day. Obviously, that is moving for a guy of his size. McNeese State, a FCS school in Lake Charles, La., hasn't had a player drafted since 2009 and hasn't had an offensive lineman drafted since 1999

Deep sleepers: Late-round offensive prospects to watch - NFL.com

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another Lions poster who can't stop talking about Suh, and Miami? Do you see how I've got you eating out of the palm of my hand?

That's an interesting take on a topic that so very clearly pisses you off. Are you suggesting you are playing the board to keep a topic alive that obviously gets under your skin so badly? Ok, play away, but recognize that everyone else responding has you eating blood pressure medication out of their hands.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mlive.com's Justin Rogers reports that Washington DT Danny Shelton had an official visit with the Detroit Lions on Wednesday.

With the departure of Ndamukong Suh and Nick Fairley via free agency, the Lions are looking for a future stud to man the middle of their defensive line. The Lions signed Haloti Ngata and Tyrunn Walker during the off season, but Shelton could be the long term option, who could join the rotation. The Washington prospect recorded 93 tackles, 16.5 tackles for a loss, with nine sacks and five fumble recoveries in 2014.

Source: Mlive.com

I wish. He will be a top 15 pick most likely. Him or Brown would be great.

Pass on Carl Davis.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The skinny: He started every game at left tackle the past two seasons but fits as a guard in the NFL. He is athletic and runs well. How well? Incredibly, he was timed in 4.62 and 4.65 seconds in the 40 at his pro day. Obviously, that is moving for a guy of his size. McNeese State, a FCS school in Lake Charles, La., hasn't had a player drafted since 2009 and hasn't had an offensive lineman drafted since 1999

I am thinking he could be that 2nd O-lineman I was talking about getting. I dont think we can afford to spend 2 early picks on O-line. We need another high level DT and CB and it will be difficult to do that with later round picks.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am thinking he could be that 2nd O-lineman I was talking about getting. I dont think we can afford to spend 2 early picks on O-line. We need another high level DT and CB and it will be difficult to do that with later round picks.

:10: :agree: :suds:

I'm not sure if Everett would even be available that late in the 5th but ya never know. His forty was extremely impressive but I immediately focused on the analysis from Scout's about him. I know nothing about this kid other than a couple of tid-bits.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If he doesn't work out at guard he'd make a helluva lane-clearing full back with that size-speed combination...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If he doesn't work out at guard he'd make a helluva lane-clearing full back with that size-speed combination...

kind of like William "The Refrigerator" Perry, huh ?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
kind of like William "The Refrigerator" Perry, huh ?
Exactly.

"Ok Everett, just come off the snap and run as fast as you can through the gap and level the first guy you come across."

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because of his "size, agility and strength," Hobart OL Ali Marpet is "viewed by some as a possible center convert," according to CBS Sports' Rob Rang.

"That positional versatility could make Marpet the first of this year's Diamonds to get drafted, perhaps as early as the second round," Rang wrote. Rang is hardly the only analyst who is projecting him as a possible center. Recently, Marpet attended the Syracuse pro day and had a "private" workout observed by the New England Patriots, New York Jets, Detroit Lions, Washington Redskins, Pittsburgh Steelers, Tennessee Titans, Baltimore Ravens and San Francisco 49ers. Apr 13 - 8:20 PM

Source: CBS Sports

To give the Old Lion horn toot I was praising this small school kid before most GMs prolly knew his name. ( not true but sounded good) Ali should just give a portion of his salary to Phil Savage for inviting him to Mobile I think he was only the second D-3 kid to ever get a invite. I know guys here say small school kid played lesser talent. Well I have not heard any GM picking on his technique or being small school.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Iowa DT Carl Davis visited the Lions on Monday, according to Aaron Wilson.

Everyone is mocking a defensive tackle to the Lions within the first three rounds. The team traded for Haloti Ngata, but he is only on a one year deal. Jason Jones can slide inside on sub-package downs and the team might be high on a young player like Caraun Reid. Still, Davis would work very well in the Lions' rotation. He has tremendous flashes.

Source: Aaron Wilson on Twitter

Not big on Davis. Did not watch a ton of Hawkeye ball. They try to stuff down my throat out here thankfully I can watch Middle Tenn. St on ESPNU.

I will say with so many people talking about Jones sliding inside. I have not ruled out a DE instead of DT. Not saying it should happen but if the right guy is there why not. I not sold on Taylor and Webster becoming more than rotation guys

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on that either, but the flip side is that both have immense physical talent and can both turn into impact players. I think Taylor (just my opinion) is likely to be a decent rotational guy, but probably not an impact player. He should grow well into the role that Jason Jones plays right now- a 2-gapping "anchor" DE. Webster, on the other hand, is still a true wildcard and has the gifts to absolutely become an impact pass-rusher...

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mayhew with a zinger: "There aren't a whole lot of tight ends (in this draft), which is probably a good thing for us

damn it !!!!!!

I was sure hoping Max Williams or Funchess was a possibility....

well, they are a possibility.....:L