• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look at this guy.

Good vision and balance. Obviously the level of competition was not great though. Seems to be a little stiff, but might make a good fullback hybrid. Reminds me of a smaller version of Marcel Reece

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I like Zenner but there's an issue with the Lions and if they decide to take a RB. When do they pull the trigger on one? I think since they pick at the end of every round, they are somewhat in a bad spot for that.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good vision and balance. Obviously the level of competition was not great though. Seems to be a little stiff, but might make a good fullback hybrid. Reminds me of a smaller version of Marcel Reece

Reminds me of Alstott (spelling). He is a bit stiff.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reminds me of Alstott (spelling). He is a bit stiff.

Yup, Another decent comparison of a tweener. Alstott was much stiffer and more of a pile mover though. I would put Zenner just above Alstott and just below Reece.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Zenner is actually listed as FB on some sites. The one thing you never really see is how he did against contact in between the tackles. Those are some huge holes, rarely seen in NFL and close quicker also. He did break some open field tackles, I just would like to see what he does against first contact up the middle.

Old Lion... He has played against a lot of D-1 schools and produced through all of them.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2nd rd DTs either Micheal Bennett or Grady Jarrett would be nice and better than Goldman. We've already seen a lazy fatass under achieve at DT for 4 yrs.

you can add Wash St. DT Xavier Cooper (I mentioned him back in Jan./Feb) to those two above, IMO.
2015 NFL Draft: Washington State DT Xavier Cooper Well Worth an Early-Round Pick | Bleacher Report

At the 2015 NFL Scouting Combine, Cooper ran a 4.86-second 40-yard dash, the fastest among defensive line participants who project to play an interior position on an NFL defense.

His three-cone-drill time of 7.23 seconds was the second fastest among likely interior defensive linemen, behind Stanford’s Henry Anderson, while his 4.37-second 20-yard shuttle was third best among projected interior linemen, behind Anderson and Iowa’s Louis Trinca-Pasat.

BB_72; watch out for DE/DT Anderson also as "a possibility"

Thanks Blue for sending me the link!

hidden charges coming......

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
you can add Wash St. DT Xavier Cooper (I mentioned him back in Jan./Feb) to those two above, IMO.
2015 NFL Draft: Washington State DT Xavier Cooper Well Worth an Early-Round Pick | Bleacher Report

At the 2015 NFL Scouting Combine, Cooper ran a 4.86-second 40-yard dash, the fastest among defensive line participants who project to play an interior position on an NFL defense.

His three-cone-drill time of 7.23 seconds was the second fastest among likely interior defensive linemen, behind Stanford’s Henry Anderson, while his 4.37-second 20-yard shuttle was third best among projected interior linemen, behind Anderson and Iowa’s Louis Trinca-Pasat.

BB_72; watch out for DE/DT Anderson also as "a possibility"

hidden charges coming......

I like Cooper better than Bennett. Of course I don't know all that much about Bennett yet either. At least theer are a lot of write-ups on Cooper. I thought he was just a slower version of Cooper

I think it is probably moot as Erving will probably go before 23 so unless we trade back, we would most likely take Brown in the first round. Maybe we will get lucky and he doesn't though. Fingers crossed.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL Draft: The skinny on this year's interior D-linemen - NFL.com

Most underrated: Clemson's Grady Jarrett. Jarrett is a squatty guy (6-1, 304) who was a productive three-year starter at nose tackle for Clemson. He is quicker than he looks, and had a combined 21 tackles for loss in his final two seasons with Clemson. He moves well laterally, has an excellent initial burst and understands leverage. He fits best as a tackle in a one-gap, 4-3 front. Tigers teammates Vic Beasley (an edge rusher) and Stephone Anthony (an inside linebacker) have garnered more attention, but don't overlook Jarrett.

Biggest sleeper: Fresno State's Tyeler Davison. Davison (6-2, 316) redshirted as a true freshman in 2010, was a reserve in 2011, then started for three seasons. He has a big-time motor and possesses some pass-rush skills, finishing his career with 14 sacks and 28 tackles for loss. He is a strong guy who fits nicely at either tackle spot in a 4-3 set. He was a wrestler of some renown in high school in Arizona, understands leverage and balance and has strong hands. He has the potential to be the kind of player who goes in the middle rounds, then develops into a longtime pro once he becomes more consistent with his technique.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL Draft: The skinny on this year's running backs - NFL.com

Biggest sleeper: Michigan State's Jeremy Langford. Lost in all the SportsHoopla surrounding Big Ten brethren Gordon, Coleman and Abdullah during the regular season and Ohio State's Ezekiel Elliott in the postseason is that Langford quietly put together a second consecutive season with 1,400-plus yards. He rushed for a combined 2,944 yards and 40 TDs in 2013 and 2014. His speed was supposed to be a concern -- then he busted a 4.48 clocking in the 40 at the NFL Scouting Combine. Langford (6-0, 208) played some wide receiver (and corner, too) at Michigan State, and was an effective receiver out of the backfield in 2013. At the least, he could be an interesting third-down back.

BB_72..... :L ...... just had to do it, for Smitty

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2015 NFL Draft: The skinny on this year's interior D-linemen - NFL.com

Most underrated: Clemson's Grady Jarrett. Jarrett is a squatty guy (6-1, 304) who was a productive three-year starter at nose tackle for Clemson. He is quicker than he looks, and had a combined 21 tackles for loss in his final two seasons with Clemson. He moves well laterally, has an excellent initial burst and understands leverage. He fits best as a tackle in a one-gap, 4-3 front. Tigers teammates Vic Beasley (an edge rusher) and Stephone Anthony (an inside linebacker) have garnered more attention, but don't overlook Jarrett.

Biggest sleeper: Fresno State's Tyeler Davison. Davison (6-2, 316) redshirted as a true freshman in 2010, was a reserve in 2011, then started for three seasons. He has a big-time motor and possesses some pass-rush skills, finishing his career with 14 sacks and 28 tackles for loss. He is a strong guy who fits nicely at either tackle spot in a 4-3 set. He was a wrestler of some renown in high school in Arizona, understands leverage and balance and has strong hands. He has the potential to be the kind of player who goes in the middle rounds, then develops into a longtime pro once he becomes more consistent with his technique.

Wouldn't be upset with a trade down to the bottom of the 1st and scooping Jarrett. We need another 3rd rounder anyways.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Austin now gone, it is becoming more and more clear we are going O-line in the first. Still over a week for things to change though. Hang on...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With Austin now gone, it is becoming more and more clear we are going O-line in the first. Still over a week for things to change though. Hang on...

I don't think losing Austin makes a difference. I know some fans expected him to eventually become a starter, taking over for Raiola, but I don't think that was the coaches plans.

I still think Oline in round 1 would be awesome, regardless.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still think Oline in round 1 would be awesome, regardless

:10: :agree:... because it's slim pickings after that it's all on a hope and a prayer someone falls to them in round two. The OL depth isn't all that much, especially any LG prospects. This draft is NOT laiden with quality talent as much as the media hype it out to be, IMHO.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:10: :agree:... because it's slim pickings after that it's all on a hope and a prayer someone falls to them in round two. The OL depth isn't all that much, especially any LG prospects. This draft is NOT laiden with quality talent as much as the media hype it out to be, IMHO.

It always seems there is a quality guard who slips through the cracks the first couple rounds however.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It always seems there is a quality guard who slips through the cracks the first couple rounds however

have you honestly looked through the Guard draft list and then take it 1 step further and study who seems capable of playing LG and not be a blunder pick.

I'll wait patiently for a response.. I'm always willing to learn

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a bad pick at all Thunder.

Jamil Douglas from ASU might be another. I'm just not sure they are there in 5th at #168. But, I'm pretty sure neither warrants being drafted before mid to late 4th round, if then even. Guys like Kouandijo, Matias, Jackson and even AJ Cann (lot of problems with his legs at combine and pro-day workouts) leave me questioning if they're honest pro-level caliber. I'm probably wrong about them but I just don't see it on tape or when I've watched them live in-game.

I'm sticking with La'el Collins as 1st choice, Irving as 2nd choice and Ali Marpet as 3rd choice and I actually love Marpet far more than I do Irving. Tomlinson was a natural RG who might be okay on the Left side. It's just me though.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not a bad pick at all Thunder.

Jamil Douglas from ASU might be another. I'm just not sure they are there in 5th at #168. But, I'm pretty sure neither warrants being drafted before mid to late 4th round, if then even. Guys like Kouandijo, Matias, Jackson and even AJ Cann (lot of problems with his legs at combine and pro-day workouts) leave me questioning if they're honest pro-level caliber. I'm probably wrong about them but I just don't see it on tape or when I've watched them live in-game.

I'm sticking with La'el Collins as 1st choice, Irving as 2nd choice and Ali Marpet as 3rd choice and I actually love Marpet far more than I do Irving. Tomlinson was a natural RG who might be okay on the Left side. It's just me though.

Since we don't have a 4th or 5th. Guess we would have to take either of them in the third?

I still think we might land Sherff. ALA Riley Reiff

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we don't have a 4th or 5th

we got that 5th round from TB... #168 near dead last 5th round before comp picks

and I don't expect Miller or Douglas to be there at #168