• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions OFFICIAL 2015 NFL draft thread.

Dr. Evil-er

Mayhew for President 2016
Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And I invented peanut butter cups by tripping and accidentally getting my chocolate bar into my PB jar. Unfortunately, That Reese guy was standing right behind me and ran down to the patent office while I was still in a sugar coma.
It's not too late, remarket it with the peanut butter on the outside surrounding the chocolate. Call it PCP for the peanut butter topping, chocolate, then peanut butter bottom. I sense a real hit that puts Reese out of business.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not too late, remarket it with the peanut butter on the outside surrounding the chocolate. Call it PCP for the peanut butter topping, chocolate, then peanut butter bottom. I sense a real hit that puts Reese out of business.

You must be in marketing. This is genius. Put enough sugar in it and people will feel like they are on PCP. Then put "diabetic safe" on the package.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You must be in marketing. This is genius. Put enough sugar in it and people will feel like they are on PCP. Then put "diabetic safe" on the package.

Smoked a little boat when I was a kid. The sugar rush buzz is no fun, just puts me to sleep. Now the buzz hitting on that sherman was swaaaweet.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State RB Jeremy Langford "can fit in any scheme, but he might be best in a traditional power running game," according to ESPN's Todd McShay.

"He does a good job of pressing the line of scrimmage and working laterally until a hole opens up, and he's very sudden with the ability to make defenders miss once he finds a crease," McShay wrote. "He isn't very powerful, but he runs behind his pads and is just a grinder." The 6-foot, 206-pounder collected 1,522 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns on 230 carries last season. "Most smaller backs wear down with a lot of carries, but on tape I saw him get stronger as the game went on," McShay wrote. "He needs to get more consistent as a pass-catcher because the team that drafts him is going to want to get him the ball in space and let him make plays."

Source: ESPN Insider

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Langford is much better than he's getting credit for, especially after those blazing 40 times he put in at the combine. I think he's a top 5 RB in this class, along with Gurley, Gordon, Da. Johnson, and Coleman, pretty much in that order. I'd be happy with any one those guys on the roster, as I think all 5 have potential to become "bell-cow" type RBs...

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL scout said Miami T Ereck Flowers is a "big, rugged, physical right tackle" and is an immediate NFL starter.

"Violent, physical player," another scout said. "Fundamentally, he's got to clean some things up. He ducks his head. He tries to win with all upper body. He's got to learn to play with more patience." Flowers led offensive linemen with 37 bench press reps at the combine. "Strictly a right tackle or guard," a third scout said. "He can't play left tackle because he isn't quick. He is powerful and he does have an anchor. He's stiff, so he has problems with adjust and recovery. He carries his hands low. He needs a lot of work with his hands. Big disappointment of the (top) group."

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TFY Draft Insider's Tony Pauline reports that the Lions will target Washington State DT Xavier Cooper if they take a DT in Round 2.

The Lions feel Cooper "is a perfect fit for their system," reports Pauline. At the combine, the 6-foot-4, 303-pound Cooper ran a 4.86 forty, best amongst DTs. He played both inside and outside at Washington State, but slots better inside at the next level. That said, he does provide versatility.

Source: TFY Draft Insider

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would have no issue with either Lanford or Cooper. Both fill big needs.

Still think it will be the online that controls the season and keeps us out of the playoffs. Even if you get Collins in the first where do you play him? If it's LT and Reiff goes to the right you still have a huge hole at LG. if you put Collins (again assuming what is probably unlikely that we get him) at LG then you still have a hole at one of the T spots.

Best case scenario is to hope that Lucas is that diamond in the rough player who can handle the LT spot. I just think that is a lot of wishful thinking.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions sent RBs coach Curtis Modkins to Indiana RB Tevin Coleman's personal Pro Day on April 15.

Typically, NFL teams have genuine interest in a player when they send their position coach to that player's workout. There isn't a better fit in the draft than Coleman-to-Detroit, where he would add much-needed speed to the NFL's slowest backfield. As beat writer Dave Birkett noted, coach Jim Caldwell selected a first-round running back (Donald Brown) during his first year as the Colts' head coach. Coleman is a sleeper to be drafted by Detroit at No. 23 overall.
Related: Lions

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
An NFL scout said Miami T Ereck Flowers is a "big, rugged, physical right tackle" and is an immediate NFL starter.

"Violent, physical player," another scout said. "Fundamentally, he's got to clean some things up. He ducks his head. He tries to win with all upper body. He's got to learn to play with more patience." Flowers led offensive linemen with 37 bench press reps at the combine. "Strictly a right tackle or guard," a third scout said. "He can't play left tackle because he isn't quick. He is powerful and he does have an anchor. He's stiff, so he has problems with adjust and recovery. He carries his hands low. He needs a lot of work with his hands. Big disappointment of the (top) group."

Source: Milwaukee Journal Sentinel
Sounds maybe more like a guard than a tackle, then? He's a bit raw still, but I'd take him for our LG hole and maybe develop him into a right tackle. Even if he never becomes more than a guard, I'm fine with that at pick #23 as long as he's a quality starter for us at the position...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Still think it will be the online that controls the season and keeps us out of the playoffs. Even if you get Collins in the first where do you play him? If it's LT and Reiff goes to the right you still have a huge hole at LG. if you put Collins (again assuming what is probably unlikely that we get him) at LG then you still have a hole at one of the T spots.

Best case scenario is to hope that Lucas is that diamond in the rough player who can handle the LT spot. I just think that is a lot of wishful thinking.
Lol. Some of you guys do get pretty negative towards the team, which we all know hurts our playoff chances...

:pound::suds::D

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I still like Duke Johnson. His balance is elite as well as his make you miss ability. Also, a great pass catcher. Reminds me a lot of Lesean McCoy.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I don't think Collins has "it" to be a LT in the NFL, at least not from everything I've read. It sounds like (just in my non-professional opinion) our best move would be to immediately plug him in a LG and let him develop into a RT if that's where we ultimately want him. Then again, of we draft him at #23 and immedialy draft a guard or center in rounds 2 or 3, then it makes sense to pencil Collins in at RT, as it appears that Waddle won't be back in the mix for a "while" still while he rehabs that knee.

Either way I don't think Collins is a legit left tackle prospect for us. I'd still LOVE to land him, I just don't see left tackle in his future. One guy I really like at LT is Jake Fisher. He's a Traverse City native whose draft stock has been steadily climbing since the combine. He has all the tools to be a stud LT in the NFL. He's currently being projected anywhere from the mid-1st round all the way till the beginning of the 3rd round, so he's a real wildcard right now, it seems...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was shocked at the relitively slow 40 time Johnson put down at the combine for a kid his size. That being said, I'd be fine with him in the 3rd round. He does a lot of things really well and would give us a versatile RB to add to the stable. Prior to that 40 time I thought he'd be a late 1st to mid-2nd round prospect. He went from being a top-5 RB in my eyes to being in that mix of guys from the 5-10 spot (Abdullah, Ajayi, Yeldon, Javorius Allen). I think Ajayi would be a good pick for us in the 3rd if he's somehow still there (he's firmly my 6th rated RB right now). If Allen is still there with that 5th round pick we netted from Tampa Bay he'd be a good late-round guy, imo. He's not a star RB by any means, but he's very balanced and can pick up pass rushers as well as catch the ball out of the backfield, so he'd be a safe addition as a reserve RB for us at that point in the draft, imo.

My top 10 RBs heading into the draft this weekend:

1.) Todd Gurley
2.) Melvin Gordon
3a) David Johnson
3b) Tevin Coleman
5.) Jeremy Langford
6.) Jay Ajayi
7.) Ameer Abdullah
8.) Duke Johnson
9.) TJ Yeldon
10.) Javorius Allen

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Michigan State RB Jeremy Langford "can fit in any scheme, but he might be best in a traditional power running game," according to ESPN's Todd McShay.

"He does a good job of pressing the line of scrimmage and working laterally until a hole opens up, and he's very sudden with the ability to make defenders miss once he finds a crease," McShay wrote. "He isn't very powerful, but he runs behind his pads and is just a grinder." The 6-foot, 206-pounder collected 1,522 rushing yards and 22 touchdowns on 230 carries last season. "Most smaller backs wear down with a lot of carries, but on tape I saw him get stronger as the game went on," McShay wrote. "He needs to get more consistent as a pass-catcher because the team that drafts him is going to want to get him the ball in space and let him make plays."

Source: ESPN Insider
:stinkeye:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Lions sent RBs coach Curtis Modkins to Indiana RB Tevin Coleman's personal Pro Day on April 15.

Typically, NFL teams have genuine interest in a player when they send their position coach to that player's workout. There isn't a better fit in the draft than Coleman-to-Detroit, where he would add much-needed speed to the NFL's slowest backfield. As beat writer Dave Birkett noted, coach Jim Caldwell selected a first-round running back (Donald Brown) during his first year as the Colts' head coach. Coleman is a sleeper to be drafted by Detroit at No. 23 overall.

I'm not crazy about Colmean in the 1st, but I wouldn't hate it. He's got all the tools to be a special RB in the NFL...

Dr. Evil-er

Hoopla Cash
$ 5,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not crazy about Colmean in the 1st, but I wouldn't hate it

Holy crap would I. He is a good player but absolutely not a 1st rd pick. I don't know where the other draft analysts rank him but he is tied for 5th best RB by Mayock (who I personally think is the best of the group).

RB's that are viewed as elite are first rd picks, RB's tied for 5th positional best are lucky to get into the second rd, which is the only spot I would take Coleman at.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nothing personal TP

A BIG FATTTTTTTTTTTTTTTT NO ON AJAYI
4 me at least
he's a good receiving RB tho

WalterFootball.com: 2015 NFL Draft Scouting Report: Jay Ajayi

Weaknesses:
  • Had ball-security issues
  • Too many fumbles

Jay Ajayi Stats | College Football at Sports-Reference.com

Top 50 Prospects In 2015 NFL Draft: No. 32, Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State - RantSports
Weaknesses: Ball security is a major issue as Ajayi has lost seven fumbles during his career
NFL Comparison: Joique Bell

Jay Ajayi Boise State RB: Seattle Seahawks Draft Profile

Jay Ajayi’s Weaknesses
As mentioned, he has good power when he can anticipate the hit, but he too easily gets tripped up. Ajayi had 12 fumbles in his college career, as well as a couple other red flags. He wrecked his knee and was arrested for shoplifting in 2011. Although, word out of Boise is that he has been nothing but a good teammate since

Whenever you hear Jay Ajayi, the NFL comparison that always comes up is Marshawn Lynch :pound::pound::pound:
BB_72..... uuhhmmmm..... NO, he's not close to "the Beast" .... I used a comma properly here :thumb:

Jay Ajayi, RB, Boise State, NFL Draft - CBSSports.com - NFLDraftScout.com
WEAKNESSES: Prefers to run away from contact at times and will lose yardage. Needs to improve his ball security with 12 career fumbles (seven lost). Appears to wear down late in games, taking a lot of hits in Boise State's offense with a heavy volume of touches the past two seasons. Needs work in pass protection with his technique and strength to sustain both lacking. Some past character issues that need vetted, including an Oct. 2011 arrest for stealing sweatpants from a Wal-Mart near campus (plead guilty to misdemeanor, served five days in jail and eight hours of classes) -- banned from 2011 bowl game, suspended for the 2012 season opener and was forced to work his way back into the good graces of the coaches. Shredded his right knee in Oct. 2011 and has dealt with other minor injuries.

BB_72; Ameer Abdullah has 24 Fumbles and lost 17 though.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Mayhew won't take him at 23, but I bet he trades back up into the late 1st or very early 2nd to get him. Or quite possibly trades back a few spots and picks up an extra pick, but that could prove risky and it's not really Mayhew's style anyways.