• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2023 Free Agency

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
CB Jamel Dean numbers for Free Agency Market Value by PFF are.

4-years/17M per with 45M Guaranteed

Dean was ranked overall in the last 3-years as the 10th best/20th best/12th best CB in years 2022/2021/2020.

I know fans for damn sure do not want to see that amount of money spent on a Free Agent - especially CB position - however, Dean has never graded below an overall defensive grade of 75 at any time in his career. 2022-78/2021-75/2020-77/2019-76

coverage grades 2022-76/2021-78/2020-80/2019-79

He is worthy of signing if any CB in this Free Agency class is and he's only 26 years old.

It also would help to alleviate the need of possibly spending an extra draft pick to move up from NO.18 into the top 10-15 range to draft one of the Top 3 CB in this draft should Holmes be lucky enough that one of the DL of W. Anderson, J. Carter or T. Wilson falls into his lap at No.6 overall. He knows he cannot count on any particular scenario playing out when the draft comes around.

@Thruthefog will hate this idea but he'll love @broncosmitty idea of signing UFA LB Bobby Wagner.

I didn't realize that Smitty was being serious when he stated that he wanted Suh and Wagner. I thought he was trying to be funny.

With Smitty it's sometimes hard to tell.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't realize that Smitty was being serious when he stated that he wanted Suh and Wagner. I thought he was trying to be funny.

With Smitty it's sometimes hard to tell.

@broncosmitty is coy as can be at times. Truthfully, he's spot on with the Bobby Wagner choice. If he's truly serious. He loves to fuck with me because he knows I'm dumb as can be and with fall for it.

A possible rookie MIKE LB and a possible rookie outside CB can easily struggle their first year or two. Signing two veterans that have proven they can play at above average NFL level should help.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@broncosmitty is coy as can be at times. Truthfully, he's spot on with the Bobby Wagner choice. If he's truly serious. He loves to fuck with me because he knows I'm dumb as can be and with fall for it.

A possible rookie MIKE LB and a possible rookie outside CB can easily struggle their first year or two. Signing two veterans that have proven they can play at above average NFL level should help.

Don't sell yourself short. Smitty loves to fuck with everybody.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell, Over The Cap is reporting that the following have signed for the 2023 season. I haven't read it anywhere else. With these players signed Holmes currently has 18M in cap space.

OC Ross Pierschbacher
LS Scott Daly
TE Shane Zylstra
TE Brock Wright
LB Anthony Pittman
DL Benito Jones
OL Obinna Eze

The only ERFA left is
OL Tommy Kraemer
RB Craig "Hulu" Reynolds

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Certainly not you or @gandydancer

At least I feel kind of special.
I really miss getting our buddy gandy to look stuff up.

Lol

It would make my day sometimes.

And I do honestly want Wagner and Suh. I know why our ol foggy Texan thinks I’m screwing around. I do. But I think Suh could eat up snaps across multiple fronts and go out for the same team he came in with.

Think it would be good to add two future HOFers, with rings, to a group of young guys that have never won shit and were awful last season. I also think they both only sign to a team they believe can get to a SB. And if they both see that in Detroit, some of the battle would already be won.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, PFF Market Value had Anzalone at 2-years/3.5 per with 4M Guaranteed.

I'll take Bobby Wagner All Day Long.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't sell yourself short. Smitty loves to fuck with everybody.
I do.

Sick right now. My boss didn’t believe me this morning when I said I would t be there. And my buddy didn’t believe me that I wasn’t going to his Trivia fundraiser tonight.

I’ve earned that shit.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol

And I do honestly want Wagner and Suh. I know why our ol foggy Texan thinks I’m screwing around. I do. But I think Suh could eat up snaps across multiple fronts and go out for the same team he came in with.

Think it would be good to add two future HOFers, with rings, to a group of young guys that have never won shit and were awful last season. I also think they both only sign to a team they believe can get to a SB. And if they both see that in Detroit, some of the battle would already be won.
:dingdingding: :10: :rockon:

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BTW, PFF Market Value had Anzalone at 2-years/3.5 per with 4M Guaranteed.

I'll take Bobby Wagner All Day Long.
He should be offered one year at minimum. Whatever that number is.

If any other team wants to let him be a player/coach, good for him. But I wouldn’t pay him more to stay.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But I think Suh could eat up snaps across multiple fronts and go out for the same team he came in with.

The likelihood that ANY rookie iDL can come in and provide all that much isn't getting me excited, not even Jalen Carter and certainly not Brian Bresee or any of the others at DT.

The same goes for my thinking about any damn rookie CB. Sauce Garner was a holding Mutha F***** all year long and he's the exception by far.

I still believe Jamel Dean, Wagner and yes even Suh puts this team closer to possibly winning the division in 2023. It's always a gamble with Veteran CB and that large amount of $$$ invested, but I don't want to see Okudah, Jacobs and a rookie as the only outside CB in 2023. Maybe the possible Dean signing is crazy, but it can also be worthy of the risk as much as investing another first round pick as all of those incoming CB had career years in 2022. Dean is a proven commodity per se.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The likelihood that ANY rookie iDL can come in and provide all that much isn't getting me excited, not even Jalen Carter and certainly not Brian Bresee or any of the others at DT.

The same goes for my thinking about any damn rookie CB. Sauce Garner was a holding Mutha F***** all year long and he's the exception by far.

I still believe Jamel Dean, Wagner and yes even Suh puts this team closer to possibly winning the division in 2023. It's always a gamble with Veteran CB and that large amount of $$$ invested, but I don't want to see Okudah, Jacobs and a rookie as outside CB in 2023. Maybe the possible Dean signing is crazy, but it can also be worthy of the risk as much as investing another first round pick as all of those incoming CB had career years in 2022. Dean is a proven commodity per se.
Id be game to see Suh and Carter both added.

Shitty corners look less shitty behind good lines. I’m awful at identifying talent at corner. (Amari being a great example). So I’m not pushing for anyone there. Cuz if I do, they’re gonna suck.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's what Suh signed for this past season. It was pro-rated as he came in late in the season after the injuries to Cox and Jordan Davis, so you can most likely double or even triple that 2.2M #. I'd have to check exactly the timeframe he arrived at Philly game wise.

Ndamukong SuhIDLEaglesUFA15.9%36$2,187,500$250,000

8 games when you click on that OTC statistics tab.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be game to see Suh and Carter both added

I can see that but then I ask why this kid Carter was so gassed during the Georgia versus OSU game. He gives me cause for concern. He had to be substituted for constantly in that game. Why couldn't he stay in shape after the SEC CG up until the semi-final game? Are those reports of him surviving off his talent versus lessor talent, correct? There are reports out there that he's not into working out and all about football.

He definitely can wreak havoc and be extremely disruptive. When he wants to.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can see that but then I ask why this kid Carter was so gassed during the Georgia versus OSU game. He gives me cause for concern. He had to be substituted for constantly in that game. Why couldn't he stay in shape after the SEC CG up until the semi-final game? Are those reports of him surviving off his talent versus lessor talent, correct? There are reports out there that he's not into working out and all about football.

He definitely can wreak havoc and be extremely disruptive. When he wants to.
There’s a risk he’s a Nick Fairley type for sure.

I’d have to trust Brad and Dan on their take of him. Which I do.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
About damn time to get rid of him.

Rather they were not willing to commit to a base offer of at least $2.6 million for the backup offensive tackle.
It’s still entirely possible the Lions want to bring him back at a more affordable price, but considering the relatively small amount for that tender—and the importance of having a swing tackle—it’s likely a sign the Lions are considering an upgrade at the position.

BTW, Obinna Eze, Darrin Paulo or Kayode Awosika isn't the answer either, but 2023 draft prospect Darnell Wright might very well be.

Last edited:

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lol

I have no doubt that Wagner would fit the culture, but Suh is all about Suh. Which is why you probably knew why I thought you were screwing around.

Thruthefog

Can'tre Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 25,000.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do.

Sick right now. My boss didn’t believe me this morning when I said I would t be there. And my buddy didn’t believe me that I wasn’t going to his Trivia fundraiser tonight.

I’ve earned that shit.

I can see it.

Get well buddy.