• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2023 Free Agency

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a pipedream UFA signing, I really want Bradberry for a couple of years - with a bargain basement price of 12-13 per year for those two years. All in a pipedream mind you. He's turning 30 in early August 2023.

You'd still need to draft another outside CB and a nickel/slot CB/Safety/Nickel LB player.

The Lions have a glaring need for help at outside CB. They can also use a veteran presence with more big-game experience. That’s Bradberry, who has proven himself across different teams and coverage schemes in his career. Bradberry was a second-team All-Pro for the Eagles in 2022. He’s durable and consistently productive in both making plays on the ball in the air and in tackling. There’s still plenty of gas left in the tank with the 29-year-old Bradberry.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I can agree with most of these. AA may find more $$$ elsewhere just as much as Will Harris could. If they re-sign that is a plus temporarily and neither should receive more than 2-3 years and maybe a void on year 3. Chark and Jamaal may both receive more than what Holmes is willing to pay. Should any of these four find better contracts elsewhere then so be it. This team still needs 2023 and possibly 2024 to get to the point where they finally have the players to be vying for yearly playoff spots.

BUT
CJ Moore should be retained though as he has been Fox' personal protector the last 3 years, plus he's converted 4/5 4th down fake punts these last two years. He's also depth as a NO.4 or 5 Safety. Free agent profile: C.J. Moore’s value goes beyond special teams

Actual role in 2022

Special Teams:
11 games (11 starts):
224 snaps (49.7% over season, 78% in games played)
Stats: 5 tackles, 2 fake punt runs (both conversions), 55 rushing yards
PFF Special teams grade: 81.5 (80th of 1879 players with at least 200 special teams snaps)

Defense:
11 games (0 starts):
106 snaps (9.3%)
Stats: 7 tackles, a pass defended, a forced fumble, a fumble recovery, and a QB hit,
PFF Defensive grade: 70.0 (41st of 143 safeties with at least 100 defensive snaps)
PFF Coverage grade: 75.0 (18th of 143 safeties with at least 100 defensive snaps)

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In a pipedream UFA signing, I really want Bradberry for a couple of years - with a bargain basement price of 12-13 per year for those two years. All in a pipedream mind you. He's turning 30 in early August 2023.

You'd still need to draft another outside CB and a nickel/slot CB/Safety/Nickel LB player.

The Lions have a glaring need for help at outside CB. They can also use a veteran presence with more big-game experience. That’s Bradberry, who has proven himself across different teams and coverage schemes in his career. Bradberry was a second-team All-Pro for the Eagles in 2022. He’s durable and consistently productive in both making plays on the ball in the air and in tackling. There’s still plenty of gas left in the tank with the 29-year-old Bradberry.

Imo Bradberry is going to get overpaid. When you play in the back 7 and your front 4 is among the best ever at rushing the passer, getting sacks, and generating pressure; well everything you do suddenly got a lot easier, but also looks a lot better.

Yes, he's been solid in his career, but he's what the 3rd or 4th best coverage guy on his own team? On a team with 4 guys who all had more sacks than any of our D Linenen. Put him on our defense and he's just another guy. I really think there's going to be a guy who's close to equal in production for our defense at half the price.

Jmo

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They win the division in 2023.
It depends on the defense, if the baseline is where the team ended the year and they improve from there they have a shot.

If the regress or Lions don't add talent to all levels the team will likely be below 500 again.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pre FA, pre draft look at Lions entire roster heading into 2023. Kinda let's me look at the big picture of what holes we need to fill and then where we can start looking to upgrade. I know not everyone will agree with me, but this is mostly for me. I don't always share it every year, but there are some knowledgeable guys here who might have other insights, somi thought I'd post my thoughts.

QB. I hate Goff. Just getting that out of the way. I hate the way he plays, I hate the decisions he makes. But he has proven if he stays within the system he can be effective. More importantly the organization seems to see him as their QB. I just don't see the decision makers considering QB1 in the draft or FA. However most teams have a back-up QB who is either a) intelligent and experienced, somebody who doesn't need many reps in practice and additionally can act as another almost coach in the film room and meetings. Or b) young and full of potential, a guy that might grow into a starter or high level backup in the future. Right now we don't really seem to have either.

If the right experienced guy was available in FA I can see them looking at QB2 or QB3. Or I can see them looking at a guy with potential late in the draft. Possibly both.

RB. Swift is not durable enough to be anything more than a 3rd down/change of pace/scat back. But he's great at that. Jamal Williams if he's back proved he can get short yardage or goal line yards. But he's not really any threat and doesn't put pressure on defenses. Beyond that is just roster spots. I don't think this is a spot they look at FA's at all unless its a castoff they bring in for cheap to beat out Craig Reynolds. In the draft I would think RB became a first 3 round target if Williams does not return. Possible that they go back to Swift as a starter and just draft a later round short yardage guy as the compliment. Also probably looking to draft at least 1 more late round guy as RB3 as well as bring in a handful of undrafted guys looking for a lucky find. Wouldn't rule out a high draft pick "feature back" type, but probably only if a guy fell and provided extra value.

Pass Catchers. TJ Hockenson was/is a pro bowl level pass catching TE who's still in his prime. He's clearly not Kelce or Kittles, but he's just as clearly right in that next tier. The Likns traded him in season to a team in their division for fairly cheap when you consider he's pro bowl level talent. Any of these media people who keep saying the Lions draft a TE high are IMO crazy. If anything I could see them looking for an elite blocking TE who also catches passes, but i just don't think they value the position. Which is weird with Campbell being a former TE. However if they're devaluing TE, it's because they're raising the value of 3rd and 4th WR.

If Chark comes back and Jameson Williams develops like expected then I think they are OK at the position. Butnit certainly wouldn't be a strength. When Josh Reynolds and/or Khalif Raymond see the field routinely I think it hurts the team. I expect them to "replace" Hockenson with 1 more pass catcher, but it'll probably be a WR, IMO. With the amount of times they go 4 or 5 wide, and the chances that at least one of the top 3 WR's misses some time, plus Chark maybe not being here long term, and Williams not proving himself on the field yet I expect something sooner rather than later. If Chark leaves and we don't get a high level FA to replace him, it becomes a need that they have to address high in the draft. Maybe not top of the draft high, but within round 2-3 for sure.

OT. Decker and Sewell are great. But does Sewell stay content at RT, or does he start wanting LT money once that contract gets closer? Not a high level need, but a swing tackle who can back up either side is always in demand. Value would go WAY up if he could play inside at RG while he backs up both Tackles.

Interior OL. Just assuming Brown leaves and we cut Vaitai. Need a starter at RG. Probably. Brown is also backup center, so need a guy who can snap the ball. Always need bodies, but although we would need a starter, he would be playing between 2 pro bowlers so you don't necessarily need a superstar.

IDL. Alim plugs a hole, not much behind him though. Buggs looked real good at times. If he's not coming back it would become a desperate need. If he comes back it's still a huge need. Need guys in the rotation, could use an upgrade at starter. This team needs help rushing the passer and needs lots of help stopping the run. They don't have a ton of money, but for such a huge need I can see them going after a high end FA. Payne has all the talent, but not sure he has the motivation or motor to fit with what we're building. Hargrave is older, maybe past his prime, but has the motor is a plus on the leadership side, and could be the guy that knows how to win that they bring in. Not sure they can overpay, so not sure they'll get one of those top top end FA's. Definitely remains a top tier need in the draft. Anytime a DT is near the top of the BPA list in any round at any pick its a strong possibility they go that way.

DE/Edge. Kind of a confusing roster. Hutchinson is the best player on this whole defense. He's a classic 4-3 DE, but prefers to play from a 2 point. Houston, Cominsky, Paschal and even Alim McNeill all seem like they're better suited for a 1 gap 3-4. You can always use more pass rush, but they're already struggling to stop the run. Can't afford to give up more yardage vs therun, but have to get more snaps for their current pass rushers already. No holes here, already probably gotta get rid of 2 out of 3 between Romeo, Julian, and Harris. But if there's a chance to upgrade your pass rush I think you always have to take it. That probably means a stack end who can rush better than Cominsky/Paschal or a rush end who can get after the passer better than Hutch. I don't see it.

LB. For the first 8-10 games Anzalone might have been the worst player on the worst defense. Towards the end of the season he actually looked almost good though. Rodrigo is a minus athlete and minus size. But at least he plays well. Nobody else is even worth spending that much typing on. Ideally you would like one difference maker on each level of defense, so one playmaker here would be great, wherever we could find it. But also need league average guys who are just good enough. Rodriguez is the only one we have who is even good enough, but unfortunately despite being young, I think his cap is always going to be just good enough. Also we need depth here. Probably FA and draft goes here.

Back 4 (5). If TWalker comes back fully from injury and Elliott re-signs were probably OK at safety. Both guys are limited, but good enough. If only one of the two are back, you need a 3rd safety who can play. If Elliott leaves and Walker doesn't seem like he'll be back to 100%, then you need to look for a starter and another guy who you trust to play a lot. Plus either way you probably look for a 4th guy who can at least play ST. At Corner you're probably looking for 2 guys PLUS a nickel guy who all see the field. Then you need depth on top of that. A starter is absolutely needed here but with rotation and nickel, dime, and ST's you need guys who multiple guys who get on the field regularly. That's a big ask from just FA or just the draft. I absolutely expect FA being brought in AND a high end draft pick at least one guy in the first 3 rounds. Possibly more than that. Plus some late round guys too.

ST.
Punters = good
Returner = not something they look for, but if they found a guy who could do it and his normal position it would be a positive.
Kicker = definitely possible to upgrade, but not as desperate as it appeared at one point. Doubt they would draft or sign a guy to take over. But will almost definitely bring in at least UDFA to compete for a spot.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My pre FA, pre draft look at Lions entire roster heading into 2023. Kinda let's me look at the big picture of what holes we need to fill and then where we can start looking to upgrade. I know not everyone will agree with me, but this is mostly for me. I don't always share it every year, but there are some knowledgeable guys here who might have other insights, somi thought I'd post my thoughts.

QB. I hate Goff. Just getting that out of the way. I hate the way he plays, I hate the decisions he makes. But he has proven if he stays within the system he can be effective. More importantly the organization seems to see him as their QB. I just don't see the decision makers considering QB1 in the draft or FA. However most teams have a back-up QB who is either a) intelligent and experienced, somebody who doesn't need many reps in practice and additionally can act as another almost coach in the film room and meetings. Or b) young and full of potential, a guy that might grow into a starter or high level backup in the future. Right now we don't really seem to have either.

If the right experienced guy was available in FA I can see them looking at QB2 or QB3. Or I can see them looking at a guy with potential late in the draft. Possibly both.

RB. Swift is not durable enough to be anything more than a 3rd down/change of pace/scat back. But he's great at that. Jamal Williams if he's back proved he can get short yardage or goal line yards. But he's not really any threat and doesn't put pressure on defenses. Beyond that is just roster spots. I don't think this is a spot they look at FA's at all unless its a castoff they bring in for cheap to beat out Craig Reynolds. In the draft I would think RB became a first 3 round target if Williams does not return. Possible that they go back to Swift as a starter and just draft a later round short yardage guy as the compliment. Also probably looking to draft at least 1 more late round guy as RB3 as well as bring in a handful of undrafted guys looking for a lucky find. Wouldn't rule out a high draft pick "feature back" type, but probably only if a guy fell and provided extra value.

Pass Catchers. TJ Hockenson was/is a pro bowl level pass catching TE who's still in his prime. He's clearly not Kelce or Kittles, but he's just as clearly right in that next tier. The Likns traded him in season to a team in their division for fairly cheap when you consider he's pro bowl level talent. Any of these media people who keep saying the Lions draft a TE high are IMO crazy. If anything I could see them looking for an elite blocking TE who also catches passes, but i just don't think they value the position. Which is weird with Campbell being a former TE. However if they're devaluing TE, it's because they're raising the value of 3rd and 4th WR.

If Chark comes back and Jameson Williams develops like expected then I think they are OK at the position. Butnit certainly wouldn't be a strength. When Josh Reynolds and/or Khalif Raymond see the field routinely I think it hurts the team. I expect them to "replace" Hockenson with 1 more pass catcher, but it'll probably be a WR, IMO. With the amount of times they go 4 or 5 wide, and the chances that at least one of the top 3 WR's misses some time, plus Chark maybe not being here long term, and Williams not proving himself on the field yet I expect something sooner rather than later. If Chark leaves and we don't get a high level FA to replace him, it becomes a need that they have to address high in the draft. Maybe not top of the draft high, but within round 2-3 for sure.

OT. Decker and Sewell are great. But does Sewell stay content at RT, or does he start wanting LT money once that contract gets closer? Not a high level need, but a swing tackle who can back up either side is always in demand. Value would go WAY up if he could play inside at RG while he backs up both Tackles.

Interior OL. Just assuming Brown leaves and we cut Vaitai. Need a starter at RG. Probably. Brown is also backup center, so need a guy who can snap the ball. Always need bodies, but although we would need a starter, he would be playing between 2 pro bowlers so you don't necessarily need a superstar.

IDL. Alim plugs a hole, not much behind him though. Buggs looked real good at times. If he's not coming back it would become a desperate need. If he comes back it's still a huge need. Need guys in the rotation, could use an upgrade at starter. This team needs help rushing the passer and needs lots of help stopping the run. They don't have a ton of money, but for such a huge need I can see them going after a high end FA. Payne has all the talent, but not sure he has the motivation or motor to fit with what we're building. Hargrave is older, maybe past his prime, but has the motor is a plus on the leadership side, and could be the guy that knows how to win that they bring in. Not sure they can overpay, so not sure they'll get one of those top top end FA's. Definitely remains a top tier need in the draft. Anytime a DT is near the top of the BPA list in any round at any pick its a strong possibility they go that way.

DE/Edge. Kind of a confusing roster. Hutchinson is the best player on this whole defense. He's a classic 4-3 DE, but prefers to play from a 2 point. Houston, Cominsky, Paschal and even Alim McNeill all seem like they're better suited for a 1 gap 3-4. You can always use more pass rush, but they're already struggling to stop the run. Can't afford to give up more yardage vs therun, but have to get more snaps for their current pass rushers already. No holes here, already probably gotta get rid of 2 out of 3 between Romeo, Julian, and Harris. But if there's a chance to upgrade your pass rush I think you always have to take it. That probably means a stack end who can rush better than Cominsky/Paschal or a rush end who can get after the passer better than Hutch. I don't see it.

LB. For the first 8-10 games Anzalone might have been the worst player on the worst defense. Towards the end of the season he actually looked almost good though. Rodrigo is a minus athlete and minus size. But at least he plays well. Nobody else is even worth spending that much typing on. Ideally you would like one difference maker on each level of defense, so one playmaker here would be great, wherever we could find it. But also need league average guys who are just good enough. Rodriguez is the only one we have who is even good enough, but unfortunately despite being young, I think his cap is always going to be just good enough. Also we need depth here. Probably FA and draft goes here.

Back 4 (5). If TWalker comes back fully from injury and Elliott re-signs were probably OK at safety. Both guys are limited, but good enough. If only one of the two are back, you need a 3rd safety who can play. If Elliott leaves and Walker doesn't seem like he'll be back to 100%, then you need to look for a starter and another guy who you trust to play a lot. Plus either way you probably look for a 4th guy who can at least play ST. At Corner you're probably looking for 2 guys PLUS a nickel guy who all see the field. Then you need depth on top of that. A starter is absolutely needed here but with rotation and nickel, dime, and ST's you need guys who multiple guys who get on the field regularly. That's a big ask from just FA or just the draft. I absolutely expect FA being brought in AND a high end draft pick at least one guy in the first 3 rounds. Possibly more than that. Plus some late round guys too.

ST.
Punters = good
Returner = not something they look for, but if they found a guy who could do it and his normal position it would be a positive.
Kicker = definitely possible to upgrade, but not as desperate as it appeared at one point. Doubt they would draft or sign a guy to take over. But will almost definitely bring in at least UDFA to compete for a spot.
I don't love Goff, but he is not going anywhere. It opens up an investing possibility. With QB set, but not elite for a few years, why not draft am elite traits guy that is not qb ready yet?

Richardson if he draft stock cooling bit would be an absolutely awesome pick. Give him 3-4 years to learn to be a qb, and could be a massive win down the road.

I would still prefer mostly defense in the 1st 2 rounds, exception being a guard.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Imo Bradberry is going to get overpaid. When you play in the back 7 and your front 4 is among the best ever at rushing the passer, getting sacks, and generating pressure; well everything you do suddenly got a lot easier, but also looks a lot better.

Yes, he's been solid in his career, but he's what the 3rd or 4th best coverage guy on his own team? On a team with 4 guys who all had more sacks than any of our D Linenen. Put him on our defense and he's just another guy. I really think there's going to be a guy who's close to equal in production for our defense at half the price.

Jmo

Honestly, Bradberry could be viewed statistically as the best coverage player the Eagles had this year. Bradberry (17 -PD) and (3-Int), Slay (14-PD) and (3-Int), Gardner-Johnson S (8-PD) and (3-Int), Josiah Scott (8-PD0 and (2-Int). I have no clue as to each of their personal PFF grades.

Furthermore, Bradberry was "The Coverage Guy" for the Giants in 2021 and 2020 only for them to go with Adoree Jackson and Fabian Moreau in 2022. Maybe that was a move to reduce cap space to go with Jackson and Moreau. The Giants weren't exactly road killers in sacks either of those years even though they had Dexter Lawrence, Leonard Williams and I believe Ojulari only for 2021.

I will agree with you in that the Eagles D-Line certainly would've helped somewhat with coverages, but you really shouldn't detract from what Bradberry has showed during his career.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

ST.
Punters = good

Great post. I still read posts that many will consider TL; DR. - probably because I do the same thing all too often.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bradberry .................... 2022 PFF 79.4 .... Pen (2) .... Targets (94) .... Rec (44) .... Rec% (46.8) .... Yards (473) .... Yac (155) .... TD (2) .... (11th-CB)
Darius Slay ................. 2022 PFF 78.1 .... Pen (3) ..... Targets (80) .... Rec (44) .... Rec% (55.0) .... Yards (536) .... Yac (155) .... TD (4) .... (12th-CB)
Gardner-Johnson .... 2022 PFF 69.5 .... Pen (1) ..... Targets (50) .... Rec (39) .... Rec% (78.0) .... Yards (314) ..... Yac (167) .... TD (4) .... (45th-S)
Josiah Scott ............... 2022 PFF 62.5 .... Pen (1) ..... Targets (40) .... Rec (32) .... Rec% (80.0) .... Yards (407) ..... Yac (184) .... TD (4) .... (94th-CB)

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hargrave is older, maybe past his prime, but has the motor is a plus on the leadership side, and could be the guy that knows how to win that they bring in. Not sure they can overpay, so not sure they'll get one of those top top end FA's.

Damn man, I glossed right over this name. I'd love to have Hargrave even with him being 30. Give him a two-year contract with one year voided and still draft a DT.

He may cost 12-13M per, but his last contract gave him 65% guaranteed money (same contract with signing bonus/base salary) and I'd be good with that amount even at his age.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I went over ILB on PFF and all had career years, and all are on end of contract years. In fact, four of these five have been just average but mostly bad or horrible in coverage. Tranquill, the outlier here - has been very good in coverage the last two years (both mid-70's) but bad in run defense.

Tremaine Edmunds ............ 2022 r/def (60.1) tack (77.7) cov (90.0) - 2021 r/def (68.6) tack (79.5) cov (34.6) -2020 r/def (51.5) tack (53.9) cov (37.5)
Gerald Pratt ........................... 2022 r/def (64.3) tack (77.4) cov (87.2) - 2021 r/def (53.1) tack (54.4) cov (56.2) -2020 r/def (29.3) tack (56.4) cov (64.2)
Drue Tranquill ....................... 2022 r/def (49.2) tack (49.2) cov (75.4) - 2021 r/def (45.4) tack (45.4) cov (74.6) -2020 r/def (60.0) tack (71.6) cov (49.4)
Bobby Okereke .................... 2022 r/def (79.3) tack (59.9) cov (67.4) - 2021 r/def (52.6) tack (66.4) cov (59.4) -2020 r/def (42.8) tack (64.4) cov (52.8)
Aziz Al-Shaair ....................... 2022 r/def (82.1) tack (77.3) cov (61.0) - 2021 r/def (67.3) tack (54.4) cov (60.8) -2020 r/def (70.2) tack (63.7) cov (49.9)

TJ Edwards .............................. 2022 r/def (79.2) tack (63.7) cov (77.1) - 2021 r/def (76.6) tack (83.9) cov (68.9) -2020 r/def (62.6) tack (62.3) cov (63.3)
Edwards has ascended every year in coverage and had two average years in tackling while also ascending each of the last two years at run defense.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is Holmes needs to raid the Eagles defense at all three levels by signing Hargrave, TJ Edwards and Bradberry yet still drafting players at CB/DT/LB.

Edwards can get a 4–5-year contract as he's only 26 years old, but I bet he costs 9-11M per year. It would be similar to De'Vondre Campbell's contract in 2022 FA and Edwards was better than Campbell in 2022 (E-11th to C-34th) and slightly behind Campbell in 2021 (E-19th to C-3rd).

I know that Holmes doesn't have that type of money, but I like the dream scenario. I don't view any of these incoming rookie ILB that don't need 2-3-years of seasoning to adapt to the NFL - yes @Mebert even Jack Campbell or @Old Lion Noah Sewell. JMO.

Edwards 4-5-years 9-11M per year
De'Vondre Campbell Contract Details, Salary Cap Charges, Bonus Money, and Contract History | Over The Cap ............ De'Vondre Campbell signed a five-year contract with the Green Bay Packers worth $50 million with $15 million guaranteed.

Hargrave 2 years 13M per year with a void year in year 3 - same per year as last contract but 1 less year - 26M - 60% guaranteed (15.6M).
Bradberry 2 years 13M per year with a void year in year 3 - questionable price per year.

Holmes stated he didn't want to hinder the current players ability to get on the field, so I don't see any of this happening.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Way too early for discussion regarding 2023 UFA's, but I simply couldn't ignore this article. Holmes doesn't have the projected money for 2023 but damn adding an interior DL like Javon Hargrave to not only play maybe his final 2-4 seasons in Detroit but also as a mentor to the young iDL Holmes currently has and whoever may be drafted. Unfortunately, Hargrave turns 30 next year.

Lavonte David and Jamel Dean on this list also

James Bradberry is almost a must. The corner room is a mess, adding an elite player at the position that can hold down 1 side while helping mentor the multiple CB's the Lions better draft is critical.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm going to lay out some statistical data to make the case for Lions fans to get on board with signing James Bradberry to shore up CB1.

I'm certain most fans would rather go the route of drafting a rookie for that position and some fans believe two CB should be drafted. I don't believe that is ultimately the correct or wise route to take as we all know the majority of rookie CB take time to develop and furthermore hoping to hit on a Sauce Gardner, Denzel Ward, Marshon Lattimore, Marlon Humphrey, Jaire Alexander, Jalen Ramsey in the first round isn't guaranteed.

I believe that Bradberry is worthy of a similar deal that Slay received once he was traded to Philly. Bradberry will be nearly the same age as Slay was and has also shown to be as productive or near to. Slay's contract was almost 51M for 3 years in that extension and 30M in guarantees.

View attachment 318856

Jaire Alexander................ 26 years old...... GP 64........ 5-years....... 10 Int. - avg. 2 p/yr.......... 58 PD - avg. 11.6 p/yr.

Denzel Ward..................... 26 years old...... GP 66........ 5-years....... 13 Int - avg. 2.6 p/yr........ 65 PD - avg. 13.0 p/yr.

Jalen Ramsey.................... 29 years old...... GP 108...... 8-years...... 19 Int. - avg. 2.3 p/yr........ 92 PD - avg. 11.5 p/yr.

Marlon Humphrey.......... 27 years old...... GP 90......... 6-years...... 12 Int. - avg. 1.5 p/yr........ 71 PD - avg. 11.8 p/yr.

Marshon Lattimore........ 27 years old....... GP 80......... 6-years...... 14 Int. - avg. 2.3 p/yr........ 78 PD - avg. 12.6 p/yr.

Xavien Howard................ 30 years old....... GP 87......... 7-years....... 28 Int. - avg. 4 p/yr............ 83 PD - avg. 11.8 p/yr.

Tre' Davious White......... 28 years old....... GP 78......... 6-years........ 17 Int. - avg. 2.8 p/yr....... 66 PD - avg. 11.0 p/yr.

Darius Slay........................ 32 years old........ GP 151...... 10-years...... 26 Int. - avg. 2.6 p/yr....... 132 PD - avg. 13.2 p/yr.

James Bradberry............. 29 years old........ GP 109....... 7-years....... 18 Int. - avg. 2.6 p/yr........ 99 PD - avg, 14.1 p/yr.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Damn, if Holmes could somehow manage Hargrave, Edwards and Bradbury if they play at or above the level, they played at during these last couple of years that would place the Lions in a great position to not only be in the playoffs but vie for NFC Championship caliber round the next two years. Yes, it would be somewhat costly for 2023 but there's 23 roster players currently signed in 2024 with 124M in cap space that year.

Holmes wouldn't need to draft a Mike LB with Edwards and even a rookie CB or two can challenge for outside CB and Nickel/Slot CB along with Okudah and Jacobs should Holmes include Bradberry. May the best player win out. I thought Okudah played extremely well when he was working in nickel/slot. AG loves what Jacobs brings to the table - even though he lacks locating the ball.

Defensive coordinator Aaron Glenn said during the season Jacobs was one of his favorite players because of his physical style of play and short memory, two things Glenn likes in a cornerback.

Hargrave simply makes the interior D-Line stout and as @Edonidd stated a mentor to McNeil, Onwuzurike and whoever else is drafted or brought in through free agency. There aren't but 3 true 3-tech DT's that have a lot of snaps at that position Carter, Bresee, Kancey. The rest are players who've played the edge mostly and have some snaps inside. Hargrave can play 5-tech down to 0-tech.

These three signings would get me ramped up and then more maneuverability in the draft.

I'd like nothing more than when it came draft time to have either Carolina or even Houston (at their No.12 pick) to trade up with the Lions. I still think you could get a CB even at No.12 overall. Although Falcons, Carolina, Philly and Titans (picks 8-11 - FA yet determined) could all use CB. Each option with Carolina or Hou brings you an early 2nd round pick - much earlier than Lions No.48 overall - plus Hou would have to give up their 2023 4th round pick or a 2024 3rd round pick in that deal, but they're picking 33rd overall - 2nd pick in 2nd round.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^
What are your thoughts regarding posts #33 and #36. I know the money is an issue but it kind of supercharges playoff hopes signing Hargrave, Edwards and Bradberry.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^^^^
What are your thoughts regarding posts #33 and #36. I know the money is an issue but it kind of supercharges playoff hopes signing Hargrave, Edwards and Bradberry.
After the second half of the SB, I dont want any Philly secondary. They got torched. Looked like chickens with their heads cut off. Hargrave would be nice though.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the second half of the SB, I dont want any Philly secondary. They got torched. Looked like chickens with their heads cut off. Hargrave would be nice though.
With how slick that surface was I am not sure anything we saw is accurate to the players. Icerink favors the offense

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1). Mahomes was 13/13 for 93 yards in the second half - 8/14 1st half 89 yards. That's not really getting torched. It was Mahomes' precision.

2) I realize the blames goes on the secondary, but that vaunted 70 sacks on the season Eagles D-Line didn't put much pressure on Mahomes throughout the entire game - plus the fact that we're referencing Patrick Mahomes.

3) Philly usually runs a high % of zone coverage and mostly I witnessed heavy man coverage throughout the game.

4) The hold by Bradberry certainly hurt the Eagles but there were a half a dozen no-call penalties by each back 7 that existed in the 2nd half alone.

5) @Mebert is 100% correct in that that field was a deplorable playing surface.