• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2023 Free Agency

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A-Rodg is such a damn diva, douche, dick, self-contrived media darling that he truly annoys me. I don't understand how Pat McAfee will always have him as a guest all the damn time - other than ratings and clickbait, I guess.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Lions address secondary with Sutton​

Detroit had one of the worst defenses in the league last year, so diving into free agency to help fix that was an expected outcome. Their first move in trying to bolster that group was signing former Steelers cornerback Cameron Sutton to a three-year, $33 million deal that includes $22.5 million fully guaranteed. Sutton is coming off the best season of his career in 2022 where he totaled 15 pass breakups and three interceptions. He also held opposing quarterbacks to a 65.3 passer rating, which was a dramatic improvement from the 104.9 passer rating he surrendered in 2021. If the Lions are getting the 2022 player, he should be a big help to their secondary.

Grade: B-
The defense was not that bad in the second half+. We finished 8-2 for fucks sake.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The defense was not that bad in the second half+. We finished 8-2 for fucks sake.

I get that part, but few teams were juggernauts from an offensive output - Bills, Vikings? Most teams we played would be considered suspect at best.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It'll be interesting to see what occurs to Vaitai, Romeo and maybe Charles Harris. BH can wait on the Edge guys as to what he'll do. The Vaitai situation can become very telling.
The savings is too big not to cut the first 2.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You know I love to go in on Utes. Braedan Daniels would be a great late round flyer. Crazy smart on the line, played everywhere but center. His technique is sound, makes the right play. He just lacks playing strength to be good at run blocking. Take him late and have him live with the strength coach in a few years you may have a gem.
And we could cut Matt Nelson again.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The savings is too big not to cut the first 2.

If Vaitai is not considered healthy enough to return to form and I'd question if he is, then yes, he's a released player in the making. As far as Romeo goes and the possibility of being released, I'd temporarily temper my expectations on that. Having re-signed Cominsky definitely makes it appear Romeo's a likely to be released player, however injuries to him and Paschal and Charles Harris last season may make BH hold onto all the pass rushers and edge players until after the draft.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we could cut Matt Nelson again.

Nelson is more than likely nothing more than a camp body and the same may be said for Charles Harris and Romeo as money can be added to the pool if any of them were to cut post-June 1st. That savings can be applied to the need for 6-8M that BH used for injury replacement players, and he still needs almost 2,5-3M for practice squad players - 14 players at 9k per week times 18 weeks = 2.3M not including bonuses like he threw out to several players at 100k-150k like that year and the year prior.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also got to play the Bears twice in the second half.

And no playoff teams the last month.

They scored 23 and 25 in those two losses. It’s a horrible defense from a talent and a game play situation.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We finished 8-2 for fucks sake.

Just a reminder of who they played and the ppg that those teams' offenses were generating at the time played. It's not all that impressive if you truly delve into the numbers. It's a positive yes, but surely not awe inspiring.

Capture.PNG Lions.PNG

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
James Bradberry back to Philly for 3-years and 38M/20M guaranteed.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Vaitai is not considered healthy enough to return to form and I'd question if he is, then yes, he's a released player in the making. As far as Romeo goes and the possibility of being released, I'd temporarily temper my expectations on that. Having re-signed Cominsky definitely makes it appear Romeo's a likely to be released player, however injuries to him and Paschal and Charles Harris last season may make BH hold onto all the pass rushers and edge players until after the draft.
I would be OK restructuring Romeo. I dont want to pay him what his contract is now.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just a reminder of who they played and the ppg that those teams' offenses were generating at the time played. It's not all that impressive if you truly delve into the numbers. It's a positive yes, but surely not awe inspiring.

View attachment 323387
Not great offenses but 4 games vs playoff teams.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalin Tomlinson who is one of the best DT's out there and 29-years old signs for 4-years, 57M/27.5M guaranteed.

Javon Hargrave, 30-years old and is bad at run defense signed for 4-years, 80M/40M guaranteed.

Dre'Mont Jones 26-years old and is one of the better all-around DT/DE signs for 3-years, 51M/30M guaranteed.

I do not see how BH could've signed any of these players outside of re-structuring several players contracts.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be OK restructuring Romeo. I dont want to pay him what his contract is now.

This would be a hard no for me. Re-structuring only adds more dead money and year(s) towards the end of the contract when he's either released or plays it out to the end. Re-negotiating his contract to a lessor value is what you are likely thinking of.

Old Lion

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This would be a hard no for me. Re-structuring only adds more dead money and year(s) towards the end of the contract when he's either released or plays it out to the end. Re-negotiating his contract to a lessor value is what you are likely thinking of.
He is just turning 28 this summer so there are enough years to spread it out.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Moseley can fully recover from that ACL and return to exact form like you see in this above clip, then that's a solid signing. IF.

He certainly could alleviate the need for an N/CB in the draft with him and W. Harris in the backup role.
Absolutely not. CB's take a while to develop usually. Sauce not withstanding. This guy's on a 1 year deal. If he shows out he'll get his 20 million per next year, if not then he probably didn't do shit for us this year. Either way CB going forward is a need.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nelson is more than likely nothing more than a camp body and the same may be said for Charles Harris and Romeo as money can be added to the pool if any of them were to cut post-June 1st. That savings can be applied to the need for 6-8M that BH used for injury replacement players, and he still needs almost 2,5-3M for practice squad players - 14 players at 9k per week times 18 weeks = 2.3M not including bonuses like he threw out to several players at 100k-150k like that year and the year prior.
No NFL team is hurting for money. The only money that matters is salary cap numbers. And unless things have greatly changed since I used to pay attention, practice squad players don't count towards salary cap.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Absolutely not. CB's take a while to develop usually. Sauce not withstanding. This guy's on a 1 year deal. If he shows out he'll get his 20 million per next year, if not then he probably didn't do shit for us this year. Either way CB going forward is a need.

Nickel CB most certainly would not be a top priority need this upcoming draft. Moseley is more nickel CB than a true outside CB. If you think I was commenting that an outside CB is not of need then you're sadly mistaken. Priority needs in this draft should be and not in any exact order: DT, CB - outside, RG, LB - even if for depth/talent/possible future starter, Edge depth/starter, and then BH should consider possible depth for OT/RB/WR/S/CB-again.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dalin Tomlinson who is one of the best DT's out there and 29-years old signs for 4-years, 57M/27.5M guaranteed.

Javon Hargrave, 30-years old and is bad at run defense signed for 4-years, 80M/40M guaranteed.

Dre'Mont Jones 26-years old and is one of the better all-around DT/DE signs for 3-years, 51M/30M guaranteed.

I do not see how BH could've signed any of these players outside of re-structuring several players contracts.
Carter and McNeil will form an elite pair for the middle!