• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2023 Free Agency

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On paper they have. We'll see as the 2023 season progresses. Even if Bradberry or Dean or whoever had been signed the same would still apply in my opinion.
They are both almost guaranteed to be worse than previous years. We could employ 3 clones of peak career Deion Sanders and they would not be able to cover the entire time the QB has with our weak line. They will for sure be better than what we have had for years though.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the lack of interest in improving the linebackers is what gets me the most.

Yep. Which is going to somewhat force BH to improve the IDL through the draft mostly and you cannot automatically guarantee that an incoming prospect is going to find success no matter what said prospect did at the CFB level.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mosely is expected in camp. He is WAY better than the 6 million, but we got a deal because he is coming off the injury.
I don’t know how that will be possible.

It was almost November when he went under the knife.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep. Which is going to somewhat force BH to improve the IDL through the draft mostly and you cannot automatically guarantee that an incoming prospect is going to find success no matter what said prospect did at the CFB level.
You can almost guarantee improving a position by signing someone who is better than the previous guy. Especially if you draft another guy also.

Signing same guy, then using a 6th rounder on another guy has an outcome that is very predictable.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are both almost guaranteed to be worse than previous years. We could employ 3 clones of peak career Deion Sanders and they would not be able to cover the entire time the QB has with our weak line. They will for sure be better than what we have had for years though.

This.

Don't get me wrong on my somewhat hesitant thoughts on either Sutton or Moseley as I would almost feel the same even if it was Jalen Ramsey. The Rams DL as well as the Steelers DL were more than capable of putting pressure on a QB until injuries beset them.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You can almost guarantee improving a position by signing someone who is better than the previous guy.

If we're talking about the IDL for the Lions then sure, but BH surely didn't have the money at hand without some major player re-structures in order to truly upgrade the DT position which would go hand in hand which is related to upgrading a capable, instinctive, run defending, excels in coverage ILB. There were monstrous monies given to Hargrave and Dre'Mont Jones and BH didn't have that in hand, but he surely could've gotten the money needed through player re-structures.

To me those positions intertwine with one another and makes their job somewhat easier.

At a minimum, BH could've upgraded the ILB so long as there existed a player willing to come play here. None of us will know the truthful answer to that.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of BH moves appear to reticent to the past regimes where they keep going to the same well i.e., AA and Will Harris.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Some of BH moves appear to reticent to the past regimes where they keep going to the same well i.e., AA and Will Harris.
He also dumped basically the entire roster coming in. He is adding talent through the draft, but this team had absolutely nothing. I hate all of the bandaids we keep slapping on, but if we keep adding talent through the draft those will phase out.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’d be great if he is.

But Aug 1st is pretty much 9 month post op. Not invested long term though. So if he wants to go, let him go.

It's almost but not quite the same time as when Jacobs had his injury. Maybe Moseley is 6-weeks ahead when tearing his ACL, but Jacobs needed 4-5 weeks while not on PUP to get into minimal reps.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He also dumped basically the entire roster coming in. He is adding talent through the draft, but this team had absolutely nothing. I hate all of the bandaids we keep slapping on, but if we keep adding talent through the draft those will phase out.

Yes, in time adding drafted players will alleviate some of those band-aids. It takes time and we as fans become anxious and want the fix right now. It's not as easy to fix all the needs we had when considering how dilapidated of a roster we had when BH was brought in. It was impossible to fix in two-years and there'll be questions regarding the roster makeup after this draft.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here’s what they said in their news post about the signing:

Moseley represents what the 49ers stand for. A UDFA out of Tennessee in 2019, he stepped in as a rookie mid-season and the 49ers didn’t miss a beat. Before giving his spot up to Akhello Witherspoon, he secured it back in the playoff’s en route to a Super Bowl run. Moseley is one of the better CB2’s in the NFL, and if he stays healthy, Detroit is getting a superb cornerback.

Here are some other analysts and 49ers writers’ reactions to the move:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Moseley can fully recover from that ACL and return to exact form like you see in this above clip, then that's a solid signing. IF.

He certainly could alleviate the need for an N/CB in the draft with him and W. Harris in the backup role.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's nothing better than watching a player get the best of Aaron Rodgers.