• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
  • NBC Sports' Peter King reported a rival GM said the Patriots, "Love Justin Herbert, but enough to trade up for him?"
    King also noted, "Pats do have 12 picks—second-most in the draft—for ammo, but only one of those comes in the top 85. If they want Herbert, they’d likely have to be willing to part with the 2021 first-rounder in a trove of picks." Herbert has been popping up in the first round of basically every mock draft thanks to his NFL-ready size and howitzer for an arm. Rotoworld's Josh Norris rates him as the draft's No. 22 overall prospect, noting, "The tools are absolutely there - Big frame, big arm and a fantastic athlete. He definitely can succeed in an offense that wants to threaten vertical. Yet with all of those tools, I have concerns that he will not succeed off script. Mobility is not the problem, but mentality might be. He just might not have the comfort or confidence in those moments to make magic outside of structure."

SOURCE: Profootballtalk.nbcsports.com
    Apr 13, 2020, 9:26 AM ET

Conditional 5th rounders heading our way.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Its all a ruse to get MIA or LAC to make a trade. Same as the Patriots loving Hebert story. It is to let those 2 teams know that there may only be 1 QB left when there 2 picks come up.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya I want nothing to do w Herbert or Love. Love is just another Josh Johnson. Bust. Hebert will top out at the Winston, Marriota, Goff level. Nowhere close to elite.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how predictable BQ’s draft picks have been going all the way back to Decker. 100% of mock drafts shouid not be able to nail your first round pick 4/5 years like they all did w Decker/Davis/Hockenson and now presumably Okudah. Being predictable is not a good football trait.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I hate how predictable BQ’s draft picks have been going all the way back to Decker. 100% of mock drafts shouid not be able to nail your first round pick 4/5 years like they all did w Decker/Davis/Hockenson and now presumably Okudah. Being predictable is not a good football trait.

Still waiting for him to draft a pro bowler.
Golladay replacing an injured Godwin doesn't count.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still waiting for him to draft a pro bowler.
Golladay replacing an injured Godwin doesn't count.

I think the bigger joke was that he had to be an injury replacement. Dude had constant shifting QB's all year, caught the most TD's, 3rd on yard per catch, top 10 in yards.

He should have been voted in.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think the bigger joke was that he had to be an injury replacement. Dude had constant shifting QB's all year, caught the most TD's, 3rd on yard per catch, top 10 in yards.

He should have been voted in.

He is better than the ultra over rated Amari Cooper.
Not sure if he is any better than the other guys that got in though. Maybe better than Godwin.

Certainly a tier below Julio,Thomas and Evans though.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if he is any better than the other guys that got in though. Maybe better than Godwin.

He is a tier below them on talent, but he was the better player in for the season. I think your placement is right. I would take him over cooper, would be ambivalent about a swap for Godwin. Be over the moon with the other 3 though.

Edit: Not a better player than Thomas

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the CBSSports mock draft they have up on YouTube, and I can honestly say I might be overqualified to be a sports commentator.

1st pick had the Dolphins trading all 3 1sts and a 2nd to get the #1 pick, then the Lions traded the #3 pick for...Chandler Jones, no picks coming back. I saved about 2 hours by turning it off. I can't imagine it gets better.

Even worse, he has Patriots ties, the trade is not impossible.......

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

He didn't have Staff for half the year. Also didn't have Marvin Jones, Hock or Kerryon to share targets with for a major portion of the year.

Id like to see him traded personally. While the stock is high.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BQ on the NFL Network saying please call us for our 1st round pick. He is waiting by the phone. I dont see how a team needing a QB can sit and wait.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was watching the CBSSports mock draft they have up on YouTube, and I can honestly say I might be overqualified to be a sports commentator.

1st pick had the Dolphins trading all 3 1sts and a 2nd to get the #1 pick, then the Lions traded the #3 pick for...Chandler Jones, no picks coming back. I saved about 2 hours by turning it off. I can't imagine it gets better.

Even worse, he has Patriots ties, the trade is not impossible.......

For a 30 year old player?? Only if it’s a trade down w AZ in round 1.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
BQ on the NFL Network saying please call us for our 1st round pick. He is waiting by the phone. I dont see how a team needing a QB can sit and wait.

I’ll be SHOCKED if Tua doesn’t go top 3. I’ve been shocked before though. I think he might even go 2nd.

Edonidd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,360.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My opinion of BQ actually went up slightly yesterday. There was some idiot on ESPN honestly saying the Lions have an aging injured QB so they should try to trade back and take Jordan Love.....

And then I though wow it can't possibly get worse than that. But then I saw my old WWMMD bracelet and I had to wonder What Would Matt Millen do? And I realized there was definitely a WR being picked for this team.

So really, no matter what BQ can probably only have the 3red worst draft possible. At least with the first round picks.