• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a few Curry draft profiles around

Meet Aaron Curry, The Safest Pick in the Draft

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Aaron Curry

"OVERVIEW

Curry is viewed by some as the elite prospect of the 2009 draft. A hard-hitting, playmaking extraordinaire in the mold of Tennessee Titans star Keith Bullock, Curry leaves Wake Forest as a three-time all-conference selection, an All-American and the recipient of the 2008 Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker.

An explosive athlete with a penchant for the big play, Curry broke onto the national stage in 2007, posting 99 tackles, including 13.5 behind the line of scrimmage and three interception returns for touchdowns (he had four picks overall) during the season. Despite increased attention from offensive coordinators, Curry was even better in 2008, leading the team with 105 tackles, including 16 tackles for loss. Capable of making plays at every level of the defense, Curry - not Rey Maualuga or James Laurinaitis - is the most versatile linebacker in this class and likely to be the highest drafted come April.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Positives: Strongly-built with long arms to keep himself off offensive linemen when playing against the run. Very smooth in pass drops, staying low in his backpedal and getting into depth at the proper angles. Good hands for the interception, and can break up passes using his hands or a big hit over the middle. Plays the nine-technique very well, ripping off the tackle's block and getting to the ballcarrier on inside and outside runs. Also closes on the ball quickly when playing in the stack. Able to shed blocks and go through backs on blitzes. Will pop the fullback and create a pile to stuff inside runs. Shows good awareness on misdirection, quickly diagnosing plays and affecting the success of the play. Gets a lot of attention from opponents on special teams because of his size, speed and aggressiveness in kick return coverage. Negatives: A bit stiff in the upper body, he tends to succeed most in straight-line situations rather than changing directions quickly. Can get to the quarterback on the blitz but doesn't always make the play. Doesn't explode into tackles consistently, using his long arms to try and wrap up."

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the shown Isaiah Simmons put on yesterday. The Lions could trade back to 6 or 7 and still get one of 3 guys who’d immediately upgrade the defense. Okudah, Simmons, Brown.

The more I have watched the combine — the more I think, not even the Lions can screw this pick up.

Worst case scenario is — a team trades up to 2 and then we get Chase Young.

Best case is — it goes Burrow, Young — Detroit trades back and adds another 1st or high 2nd and still get a monster upgrade defensively at a position of need

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Still a few Curry draft profiles around

Meet Aaron Curry, The Safest Pick in the Draft

NFL Events: Combine Player Profiles - Aaron Curry

"OVERVIEW

Curry is viewed by some as the elite prospect of the 2009 draft. A hard-hitting, playmaking extraordinaire in the mold of Tennessee Titans star Keith Bullock, Curry leaves Wake Forest as a three-time all-conference selection, an All-American and the recipient of the 2008 Butkus Award as the nation's top linebacker.

An explosive athlete with a penchant for the big play, Curry broke onto the national stage in 2007, posting 99 tackles, including 13.5 behind the line of scrimmage and three interception returns for touchdowns (he had four picks overall) during the season. Despite increased attention from offensive coordinators, Curry was even better in 2008, leading the team with 105 tackles, including 16 tackles for loss. Capable of making plays at every level of the defense, Curry - not Rey Maualuga or James Laurinaitis - is the most versatile linebacker in this class and likely to be the highest drafted come April.

ANALYSIS
STRENGTHS
Positives: Strongly-built with long arms to keep himself off offensive linemen when playing against the run. Very smooth in pass drops, staying low in his backpedal and getting into depth at the proper angles. Good hands for the interception, and can break up passes using his hands or a big hit over the middle. Plays the nine-technique very well, ripping off the tackle's block and getting to the ballcarrier on inside and outside runs. Also closes on the ball quickly when playing in the stack. Able to shed blocks and go through backs on blitzes. Will pop the fullback and create a pile to stuff inside runs. Shows good awareness on misdirection, quickly diagnosing plays and affecting the success of the play. Gets a lot of attention from opponents on special teams because of his size, speed and aggressiveness in kick return coverage. Negatives: A bit stiff in the upper body, he tends to succeed most in straight-line situations rather than changing directions quickly. Can get to the quarterback on the blitz but doesn't always make the play. Doesn't explode into tackles consistently, using his long arms to try and wrap up."

"The safest pick in the draft." Damn that guy jinxed the hell out of him.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like the media is warming up to TUA to the deadskins.
Only a fool would keep Dwayne selfie Haskins with Tua on the board.
this would put us at a 75% chance to land Chase.
25% chance Gingersticks does something stupid.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
After the shown Isaiah Simmons put on yesterday. The Lions could trade back to 6 or 7 and still get one of 3 guys who’d immediately upgrade the defense. Okudah, Simmons, Brown.

The more I have watched the combine — the more I think, not even the Lions can screw this pick up.

Worst case scenario is — a team trades up to 2 and then we get Chase Young.

Best case is — it goes Burrow, Young — Detroit trades back and adds another 1st or high 2nd and still get a monster upgrade defensively at a position of need

I am predicting
1)Burrow
2)Tua (Dolphins or Skins)
3) Young, Simmons or Okudah to the Lions

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am predicting
1)Burrow
2)Tua (Dolphins or Skins)
3) Young, Simmons or Okudah to the Lions

If Tua goes 2. Detroit will pick Young. It’d be an absolute no brainer for them.

While I would love to have Young — I’d much rather have the draft picks and move back a few spots.

When I saw the mock with Detroit trading back to 5 and then 6 or 7. That’d be a dream scenario. If they don’t get Young. There are 3 guys who all fill a huge need and we’d get one of them. Either Okudah, Brown or Simmons and I’d be happy with any of them if we get the extra picks.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While I would love to have Young — I’d much rather have the draft picks and move back a few spots.

I don't know. Would have to disagree based on a couple factors....

1) You need franchise caliber stars like Young to build around. Flowers will never be anything more than a "pressure" guy at the back half of his prime and Slay is pretty much gone. Walker is promising, but everyone else on that defense is replacement level at best.

2) I wouldn't trust gingerdick with all those picks anyways. He might hit one or maybe two but his bust rate is looking extremely high. Davis, Hockinson,Tabor, Alama-Francis dude, A'Shawn, Killebrew,Glasgow, Reeves Maybin. Even if he gets 5 of the top 70 picks. My guess is he would hit on 3 AT BEST, more then likely 2. Best bet is to get the superstar in Young and hope he gets lucky and picks a decent player in the 2nd. Both of those cats will be gone by next year anyways and the new GM and coach will have a nice player in Young, Stafford and Golladay to build around.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

1) You need franchise caliber stars like Young to build around. Flowers will never be anything more than a "pressure" guy at the back half of his prime and Slay is pretty much gone. Walker is promising, but everyone else on that defense is replacement level at best.

2) I wouldn't trust gingerdick with all those picks anyways. He might hit one or maybe two but his bust rate is looking extremely high. Davis, Hockinson,Tabor, Alama-Francis dude, A'Shawn, Killebrew,Glasgow, Reeves Maybin. Even if he gets 5 of the top 70 picks. My guess is he would hit on 3 AT BEST, more then likely 2. Best bet is to get the superstar in Young and hope he gets lucky and picks a decent player in the 2nd. Both of those cats will be gone by next year anyways and the new GM and coach will have a nice player in Young, Stafford and Golladay to build around.

Too early to call Hockinson or Tavai a bust. All we know for sure about Hockinson is he should really stop trying to hurdle defenders.

Ty Johnson and Oruwariye look like very solid picks. If we ignore all his other draft history then it really looks like he knows what he is doing in the later rounds!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yeah, you are right. I keep forgetting all the blown picks early in the draft we’ve had recently.

Having someone trade up to 2 and Young fall into our lap would be the safest bet for the Lions.

On a normal franchise with a quality GM — the trading back would be the best way to do it. Just not for Detroit:L

So frustrating watching these sports team in Detroit. I took my son to his first Pistons game against Toronto and the first thing he says about the game is: I thought we were the Pistons — why is the crowd saying ‘let’s go Raptors’. (75% of the crowd was Toronto fans)
Last game I will be going to — $40 just to park, no thank you:suds:

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So frustrating watching these sports team in Detroit. I took my son to his first Pistons game against Toronto and the first thing he says about the game is: I thought we were the Pistons — why is the crowd saying ‘let’s go Raptors’. (75% of the crowd was Toronto fans)

:lol:...That is how it is in the NBA. Mostly fair weathered. When the pistons were killing it and going to the finals every year. That place was packed.

Last game I will be going to — $40 just to park, no thank you:suds:

I thought you were going to say $40 per ticket which was step but to just to park? Wow.
They are keeping your car safe in Detroit so there is value to it, but still. That team has been bottom barrel trash for so many years.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On a normal franchise with a quality GM — the trading back would be the best way to do it. Just not for Detroit:L

I would trust 95% of the posters on this board to make the picks over our current GM.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ty Johnson and Oruwariye look like very solid picks. If we ignore all his other draft history then it really looks like he knows what he is doing in the later rounds!

Yeah, he has had a shit ton more success later in the draft more than Mayhew or Millen but his early round choices are about on par with those two.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be disappointed if BQ didn't draft a TE with the Lions first pick.

That one of the biggest fears. Guy takes ZERO position value into account when drafting.
OC and TE being the least two valuable positions in football as first round picks.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That one of the biggest fears.
Why? If the Lions have a 30 somethin' ranked defense again, Stafford will throw for over 5,000 yards and 50 plus TD's with maybe 7 wins for the season. What more can a Lions fan ask for?

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? If the Lions have a 30 somethin' ranked defense again, Stafford will throw for over 5,000 yards and 50 plus TD's with maybe 7 wins for the season. What more can a Lions fan ask for?
Free Beer.

I want a double trade down, drafting Jeudy. The defense is gonna suck anyway.

Stomp

Lions Homer
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, he has had a shit ton more success later in the draft more than Mayhew or Millen but his early round choices are about on par with those two.

Mayhew was decent his issue was more on the finance side

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want a double trade down, drafting Jeudy.

yPVHlC0.jpg