• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That will lesson BQ's load for travel/scouting reports as he'll only need to focus on 4 CFB teams Draft Prospects once all his initial/main trades are finalized in the top 12.
I'd like to lessen his load all the way down to nothin.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would rather not take Tua, after Lions clean house this next off season, the new guy will want his own QB. We will just drop Tua for pennies on the dollar.

Im praying BQ is thinking ahead to NEXT years draft. Trade down from 3 to 5-7 range. Acquire two to three first round picks. Go into 2021 with two firsts and two seconds (including the 2nd we get for Slay). Use those picks to trade up for Trevor Lawrence next year.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions were 2nd to last in sack %.
If Young doesn't fall to 3.
Lions will be goosed unless they reach for someone else at 3.
Overall seems like a weak draft for pass rushers.
Will gingersnaps learn his lesson of passing over players like Ed Oliver and Brian Burns for a fucking TE this year?
At this point, one can only hope that Young falls to us or Dolphins trade up to 3 if the Skins go with Young.

Sack %.png

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im praying BQ is thinking ahead to NEXT years draft. Trade down from 3 to 5-7 range. Acquire two to three first round picks. Go into 2021 with two firsts and two seconds (including the 2nd we get for Slay). Use those picks to trade up for Trevor Lawrence next year.

Pretty sure him and Fat Pat know this is their final year if they don't win now. He won't be looking to next years draft if he won't be making the picks. Only the dolphins have the 2020 picks that will catch his eye.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty sure him and Fat Pat know this is their final year if they don't win now. He won't be looking to next years draft if he won't be making the picks. Only the dolphins have the 2020 picks that will catch his eye.

I’m confident their jobs are safe. The media has completely blown Martha’s words out of proportion. There is no “win now” ultimatum. She said they are expected to “contend for the playoffs” - something a team can technically do up to week 17 winning only 6-7 games.

Acquiring extra draft picks for 2021 and presenting a game plan to draft Lawrence would also save their jobs imo.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will gingersnaps learn his lesson of passing over players like Ed Oliver and Brian Burns for a fucking TE this year?
At this point, one can only hope that Young falls to us or Dolphins trade up to 3 if the Skins go with Young.

View attachment 234325

Washington is moronic if they take Young. Pass rush is the least of their problems, and it sets up a financial nightmare with FOUR defensive linemen drafted in the 1st round who will all need to get paid.

I just don’t buy it. I think they’ll trade the pick, but if they do take Young, Detroit should ask for a kings ransom for 3.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

View attachment 234325

How is it we are fine on the road but suck at home. Makes no sense.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m confident their jobs are safe. The media has completely blown Martha’s words out of proportion. There is no “win now” ultimatum. She said they are expected to “contend for the playoffs” - something a team can technically do up to week 17 winning only 6-7 games.

Acquiring extra draft picks for 2021 and presenting a game plan to draft Lawrence would also save their jobs imo.

I would be surprised if they won 6 games and kept their jobs. Wasn't the Lions stadium damn near empty last season during home games?
On the bright side. If she does keep them after a 6 win season, we could make some sweet memes with a picture of her next to the king of Theodin under that spell in Lord of the Rings 2.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is it we are fine on the road but suck at home. Makes no sense.

Fat Pat under food coma from eating 50 Detroit style pizzas to come up with a game plan for Sundays.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Washington is moronic if they take Young. Pass rush is the least of their problems, and it sets up a financial nightmare with FOUR defensive linemen drafted in the 1st round who will all need to get paid.

I just don’t buy it. I think they’ll trade the pick, but if they do take Young, Detroit should ask for a kings ransom for 3.

I agree.
No way in hell I am passing on Tua with Mr Selfie as my starting QB.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

If that happens I would still consider trading back because Miami might offer huge with only Hebert left. Unless NYG select Young we would still get him with a bunch of picks. Worse case we get one of either Okuda, Simmons or Brown.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

Y'all do realize in the last 4 games he lead all rookies, and in the last two had a 120 passer rating. Still needs to not take as many sacks and could very well be a bust, but I’m optimistic. Seemed to improve every game. Skins will take young or trade down. Book it.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Y'all do realize in the last 4 games he lead all rookies, and in the last two had a 120 passer rating.

Eagles and Giants were 19th and 28th in total passer rating allowed.
His wins were against us with a 3rd string QB and Car with their backup QB.
Not sure I would bank my future on those little nuggets of mediocre success.
You have a chance to draft a QB who has won a national championship and one of the most accurate passers to come out of CFB in years.

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If that happens I would still consider trading back because Miami might offer huge with only Hebert left. Unless NYG select Young we would still get him with a bunch of picks. Worse case we get one of either Okuda, Simmons or Brown.

I wouldn't trade back. You don't pass on franchise caliber players. Like a QB. You need a guy to build your defense around. Not worth it to get a couple extra picks that gingersticks could blow anyways. 1st rounders have a 75% chance of not being a bust and 2nd rounders are 50% hit rate.

Rowdy

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,828.65
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Eagles and Giants were 19th and 28th in total passer rating allowed.
His wins were against us with a 3rd string QB and Car with their backup QB.
Not sure I would bank my future on those little nuggets of mediocre success.
You have a chance to draft a QB who has won a national championship and one of the most accurate passers to come out of CFB in years.

All fair points. You also need to realize what he had or didn’t have around him. Like the HOF LT sitting out, both starting TE’s out, all 3 wr’s were rookies, one of the worst defenses in the league, POOR coaching. Tua’s health concerns are too much, I’ll pass.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1st rounders have a 75% chance of not being a bust and 2nd rounders are 50% hit rate.

really.

not so much.

First Round Picks Only Have a 53% Success Rate And Other Troubling Draft Thoughts | The Riot Report

Of the 223 first round picks over the past seven years, 120 have averaged an AV of 5 or more for their careers so far; that’s good for a 53% success rate. The numbers are also extremely consistent year-to-year. 2013 unsurprisingly had the lowest success rate, but that was still 47% and no year managed to get as high as 60%. Even 2011, the draft class that has become famous for being loaded with talent, had its fair share of busts; let’s not forget that Jake Locker was drafted eighth overall. Now, there are some who will argue that teams often reach for a quarterback in the first round, and that swinging for a signal caller is what drags these numbers down to some extent; however, the numbers just don’t bear this argument out, first round quarterbacks actually have a success rate of 60%, they are in fact dragging the numbers up.

Capture.PNG -2.PNG

Rollingthndr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
really.

not so much.

First Round Picks Only Have a 53% Success Rate And Other Troubling Draft Thoughts | The Riot Report

Of the 223 first round picks over the past seven years, 120 have averaged an AV of 5 or more for their careers so far; that’s good for a 53% success rate. The numbers are also extremely consistent year-to-year. 2013 unsurprisingly had the lowest success rate, but that was still 47% and no year managed to get as high as 60%. Even 2011, the draft class that has become famous for being loaded with talent, had its fair share of busts; let’s not forget that Jake Locker was drafted eighth overall. Now, there are some who will argue that teams often reach for a quarterback in the first round, and that swinging for a signal caller is what drags these numbers down to some extent; however, the numbers just don’t bear this argument out, first round quarterbacks actually have a success rate of 60%, they are in fact dragging the numbers up.

View attachment 234509

That just plays into my point. Better to take Young who is a franchise player and 77% chance of hitting. Versus trading down. Getting 2 extra picks this year and only more than likely just one extra starter. 25% chance that he airs both extra picks (I believe I am doing the math right).

TBH. Just don't trust this current GM with extra picks. Given his recent success. The guy is getting into Millen/Mayhew levels of bad with his first two picks. Granted his later picks have been much better than his predecessors. Much safer to take Young and it gives the new GM next year Stafford and Young to build around. The new GM will still have a few more years of Stafford's prime to take advantage of.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^^^
appears that @Thruthefog thoughts of OT in 1st round is more in line with above link