• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Lions 2020 Draft Watch

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wait a second.
Caldwell had a winning record with arguably the worst franchise in all of sports and is only an assistant QB coach somewhere?
We all knew he lacked charisma but damn that's tough.
He was assistant HEAD Coach. And QB coach. At the time of his hiring in Miami.

Never made it to the preseason schedule. Guessing his health is very poor.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He was assistant HEAD Coach. And QB coach. At the time of his hiring in Miami.

Never made it to the preseason schedule. Guessing his health is very poor.

It is very serious. Doctors say he will die once he blinks 7 more times. Doctors have given him 21 years to live.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is very serious. Doctors say he will die once he blinks 7 more times. Doctors have given him 21 years to live.
How many timeouts does he have left?

Hopefully his heart rate hasn't skyrocketed, to 6.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Okudah is drafted to replace Slay the government (Lions Organization) needs to be overthrown!!

Actually he will play the opposite side for a year or 2. Then he will be expected to be the man. Slay will be gone by then most likely.

Don't be shocked if BQ signs a vet CB to replace Slay for a year or two and then trades Slay during 2nd night of draft. jmo.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually he will play the opposite side for a year or 2. Then he will be expected to be the man.

Should Okudah be drafted by the Lions it's difficult to imagine he wouldn't be CB1 and Oruwariye CB2 by start of 2021 so long as the latter shows the ability to do so.

Okudah is the one incoming CB I have the most confidence in to be the first in this class at CB1 in 2021.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Id be cool with Kenny get a deal, just not a tag.

He sure as hell isn't worthy of top 10-12 WR money. imo. If that's the case I'd rather see them letting him walk.

You can find productive WR every 2-3 years in the draft that are 1) cheaper 2) can be just as productive.

Besides, Stafford is only going to be here through the end of 2021 unless he has a career ending injury between now and then. Why spend extravagant money on a WR when they'll be in full rebuild mode. A waste of money extending KG, imo.

Last edited:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lions fans can forget about Miami trading up to #3 overall.

Whichever QB they want in this draft, they'll be trading with Washington to secure whoever their choice is. It would be stupid not to trade with Washington and lose out by another QB needy team jumping them.

Miami has the draft capital to make that move whereas other QB needy teams LAC, CAR, IND, TB ( depending on possible FA signing of a QB) would have to mortgage their future draft picks. Indy does have their 1st round pick and two second round picks this year.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should Okudah be drafted by the Lions it's difficult to imagine he wouldn't be CB1 and Oruwariye CB2 by start of 2021 so long as the latter shows the ability to do so.

Okudah is the one incoming CB I have the most confidence in to be the first in this class at CB1 in 2021.
If the Lions rush 4 and drop 7... if the front four can't get pressure on the QB, does it really matter who's in the Secondary? The Lions need to sacrifice the Pawns and start keeping the Rook's, Bishop's and Knights, not the other way around. Where's the depth in case of injuries? ...which the Lions have so much of year after year. God forbid if someone should break a finger nail, their season would be over.

LionsWhyMe

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,325.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Remember when he said he'd do anything to keep Suh?
IIRC, Johnson did do a restructure on his contract to free up some cap space. I'm pretty sure it was Suh who told Detroit to suck his d*** when Miami was willing to kiss his arse.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my eye on Young, Brown or Okudah. If Okudah is drafted to replace Slay the government (Lions Organization) needs to be overthrown!!

I'm not disagreeing with you should they get rid of Slay. I think that would be another dumb move by BQ/MP. Neither of those two give respect to players.

buttttttt..............here's the following

Darius Slay's Detroit Lions tenure is destined to end soon. Here's why

In Slay’s case, the Lions clearly have taken the he-can-be-had-for-the-right-price approach, and that means in the spring as well, when he surely would be one of the best cornerbacks on a market that’s already been thinned by the Ramsey trade and the extension handed out by the Miami Dolphins to Xavien Howard earlier this year — and when the Lions would have ample opportunity to find his replacement in free agency or the draft.

There’s a case to be made that the Lions are better off keeping Slay and forcing him to play the 2020 season at the relatively bargain price of $10 million.

But that ignores the truth that Slay is a premium enough talent to make life difficult on his own team, à la Ramsey and others, and it ignores the reality that, for as good as Slay is, he’s not exactly a Patricia-type player, given his willingness to speak his mind in interviews and his millennial approach to things like trading jerseys with opposing players on game day.

Slay is still a very good cornerback when healthy, and for now he’s still a very important member of the Lions.

But don’t be surprised to see that change in the spring.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have my eye on Young, Brown or Okudah. If Okudah is drafted to replace Slay the government (Lions Organization) needs to be overthrown!!

But that ignores the truth that Slay is a premium enough talent to make life difficult on his own team, à la Ramsey and others, and it ignores the reality that, for as good as Slay is, he’s not exactly a Patricia-type player, given his willingness to speak his mind in interviews and his millennial approach to things like trading jerseys with opposing players on game day.

In Slay’s case, the Lions clearly have taken the he-can-be-had-for-the-right-price approach, and that means in the spring as well, when he surely would be one of the best cornerbacks on a market

If they draft Okudah and extend Slay prior to the Draft then you might as well prepare yourself for BQ to jettison Slay on the 2nd night of the draft. I'm sure BQ believes he can get a 1st round pick for Slay but I highly doubt.

BQ/MP want yes men. It's pretty easy to figure that out.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If the Lions rush 4 and drop 7... if the front four can't get pressure on the QB, does it really matter who's in the Secondary?

Doesn't happen all that often but BQ and MP believe the CB and S need to be better at coverage and for longer periods than what they did this past season.

I guess sticking to coverage for 4-6 seconds wasn't enough while having a 2 and 3 man rush.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
does it really matter who's in the Secondary?

Does it matter who is on the active roster playing on the D-Line or who is playing at LB during any given game.

or practice.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Burrows and Tua 1 and 2 leaving Chase Young for Detroit at 3?